Thrive - What will it take?

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Found some new info:
[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-science-of-mass-effect/63463[/video]
Every textbook in high school that you had to struggle with is wrong. Every textbook says: "The universe is made out of atoms." Wrong! We now know that 73% of the universe is made out of dark energy. The energy of nothing that pushes the galaxies apart. 23% is made out of dark matter, which we hope to create with the Large Hadron Collider. 3.3% is made out of stars, hydrogen, helium, and we, we humans make up 0.03% of the known universe....
While I don't know where the rest of his maths went (missing 0.77%), he did an admirable job at simplifying some incredibly complex and still very theoretical ideas in a way that was immediately understandable and identifiable.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He also lied and said that every textbook in high school you had to struggle with is wrong.

My highschool textbook specifically mentioned that the known, observable universe was composed largely of matter, dark matter, and dark energy.

He also made another mistake in saying that "humans make up 0.03% of the known universe" -- unless "known" is this solar system. It's just a bunch of nonsensical things that he can say because his audience is too dumb to understand the implications of his claims.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
So why were you argueing with what I was saying about those inventions earlier when in fact you know that the universe is made of these energies around us that we might have discovered how to xtract with those inventions that got confiscated ? So the fact still remains that there is so much unexplored physics terrain which neither me or you know and dismissing these trial & error concepts makes a person ignorant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because you think chickens fly, dolphins have laser beam eyes, and that water cures all diseases.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Chickens could evolve over the years into flying creatures, dolphins could have laser beam eye implants if we were that cruel and weird and we already have water to which we add minerals, vitamins, energy and such, I don't see why some possible cures couldn't be distributed through the water supply especially if all humanity would all of a sudden fall ill to something. The latter is subject to what we would fall ill to ofc.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You seem to be missing the point that I'm making:

You are crazy. You believe in unicorns and fairy tales.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Because you think chickens fly, dolphins have laser beam eyes, and that water cures all diseases.
Water is the purest element known to man, we came from water. The first thing scientists check for whether there is a possibility of life on another planet is water. Surely something that we were created from also has the ability to repair and cure our diseases.

I managed to watch a fair bit from this movie, I have to say I was shocked when I heard Foster Gamble's bloodline being a direct descendant of Procter & Gamble, attending yale or princeton university (cant remember). I wonder what made him take a different path, when all that wealth could have been inherited if he decided to carry on his elite family business.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Surely something that we were created from also has the ability to repair and cure our diseases.
Well, let us know how you cure cancer by breathing water. Please experiment on yourself and only yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom