Thrive - What will it take?

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Yes and how did this machine come to be? Turing created it out of nothing because he had a vision. This science didn't exist before, and all of a sudden it did.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid Turing didn't invent the computer...

Edit:

More importantly, he didn't invent the internet.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Just so you know

Avenger is on the left, Flip is on the right

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
They are 2 different things. "The Internet" resides on a server which is essentially a computer. Alan Turing invented the worlds first programmable computer -_- if you want to nitpick. Computer Systems is my field at Uni.

PS: Here is a woman doing what you claim, the impossible:
[video=youtube;8zVBjGElCdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zVBjGElCdI#[/video]

There have been people to pull planes with brute force. Nothing is really impossible.

Last edited:
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
"The Internet" resides on a server which is essentially a computer.
Which server is this? : )

Alan Turing invented the worlds first reprogrammable computer -_- if you want to nitpick.
I'm afraid he didn't...
Computer Systems is my field at Uni.
Awesome! But that doesn't really help your arguments. : )

PS: Here is a woman doing the impossible:
I think that video is evidence that it's possible. Just saying...

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
How is that impossible
@Avenger said that is impossible to do triple-20-back exercises
I showed you that it ain't....

Check the table lower on the Wiki page under "Comparison to Early Computers". Cabbage invented the Analytical Engine which is a mechanical calculator wtf. Turing made the first programmable computer. Again you are nitpicking and not doing it right this time.
Analytical Engine (never built) Decimal Mechanical Program-controlled by punched cards
Zuse Z3 (Germany) May 1941 Binary floating point Electro-mechanical Program-controlled by punched 35 mm film stock (but no conditional branch)
Atanasoffโ€“Berry Computer (US) 1942 Binary Electronic Single purpose; not programmable
Colossus Mark 1 (UK) February 1944 Binary Electronic Program-controlled by patch cables and switches
I suppose you could argue the Germans invented it first but it wasn't fully electronic. I don't particularly class that as the first computer.

I don't understand your Q. "Which server is this?" This is a page written using software on a computer. In order to serve it over a network this page resides on a server. I was referring to "The Internet" as all the possibly pages that sit on multitude of servers.

Last edited:
Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Your original post stated A SERVER

He also said when you can do them

He also said triple 20 that looked like 40 tops and for all you know she rested for an hour between each

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Your original post stated A SERVER
My bad. -_- But as I said I was referring to "The Internet" as the pages that sit on a server.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
@Avenger said that is impossible to do triple-20-back exercises
I showed you that it ain't....
That's a memory exercise where you keep track of 3 different stimuli simultaneously for 20 steps... It has nothing to do with physical exercise.

Check the table lower on the Wiki page under "Comparison to Early Computers". Cabbage invented the Analytical Engine which is a mechanical calculator wtf. Turing made the first programmable computer. Again you are nitpicking and not doing it right this time.
Turing created it out of nothing because he had a vision.
I proved to you that someone else had already thought up a programmable computer before Turing was born, rendering the last quote above my writing incorrect... His work was based on the works of scientists who were alive long before he was born. He didn't create anything out of nothing.

My bad. -_- But as I said I was referring to "The Internet" as the pages that sit on a server.
Though I have attempted to learn mind-reading over the internet, I've so far been unsuccessful.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I didn't link that as if he was the earliest one. I just meant that Turing wasn't some "new thinking guy".

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Lol I googled triple-20-back exercises and all it came up with were those triple-threat back exercises so I assumed that's what you were referring to. What do you know I can't read minds either :) . I have never heard of that and apparently google hasn't either. I bet that thing wouldn't be impossible if we could use more than 3% of our brain power. So I guess it is impossible right now for lack of a better word. I think temporarily limited for an indefinite period of time would be a better connotation but not impossible.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's referred to as "n-back". And... we use all of our brain power, just not at the same time.

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol I googled triple-20-back exercises and all it came up with were those triple-threat back exercises so I assumed that's what you were referring to. What do you know I can't read minds either :) . I have never heard of that and apparently google hasn't either. I bet that thing wouldn't be impossible if we could use more than 3% of our brain power. So I guess it is impossible right now for lack of a better word. I think temporarily limited for an indefinite period of time would be a better connotation but not impossible.
If this were true you'd be able to remove 97% of your brain without noticeable changes to your mental or physical capacity.

As Avenger said, we need all of our brain, for various functions, just not necessarily at the same time. If we didn't need it, it probably wouldn't be there. E.g. You might use a certain 3% of your brain while opening a pickle jar, while using an entirely separate 6.2% doing a math equation. Meanwhile, trying to remember where you left your car keys uses a completely different 13.4% etc...

Saying we only use X% of our brain is an old wives' tale. But say it were true, why do people automatically assume that using our whole brain = super powers. The leap in logic this assumption is based in is no different than me saying I only have 5 fingers on each hand and I can't fly. But if I had 6 fingers BAM flight.

Last edited:
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying we only use X% of our brain is an old wives' tale. But say it were true, why do people automatically assume that using our whole brain = super powers.
I would assume "using our whole brain" = "not enough oxygen and glucose to maintain function" = "death or brain damage", but that's just me.

On the subject of brain and brainpower: There are generally thought to be two types of intelligence; crystalline intelligence and fluid intelligence. Crystalline intelligence is essentially composed of things you can learn, so it's mostly knowledge. Crystalline intelligence is something we know we can boost by studying things and performing tasks. More interestingly, fluid intelligence, which involves your ability to process information faster/better and use your memory, can also be boosted -- though there's a caveat: You have to keep exercising it to maintain the "boost", just like you have to keep exercising your body to keep it in good shape.

To exercise your brain, you can play dual-n-back (or if you're superhuman, like Zeo, you play infinite-infinite-back). There's a free and open source application that lets you try this out.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Avenger that video that Flip posted on the motionless electromagnetic generator, yes infact they he was a scientist, an ex colonel with a masters in nuclear engineering, degree in mathematics and over 29 years experience in air defence systems etc by the name of Tom E. Bearden.

Btw, by calling it a conspiracy theory its not ok to just dismiss what ever the hell it maybe because it doesnt appear in mainstream science. That is just waiting for someone to label you ignorant.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger that video that Flip posted on the motionless electromagnetic generator, yes infact they he was a scientist, an ex colonel with a masters in nuclear engineering, degree in mathematics and over 29 years experience in air defence systems etc by the name of Tom E. Bearden.
I suppose you have some sources to back this up? Either way, it doesn't matter. A lot of people with degrees have delusions. I'd rather see the formulas he used than his credentials.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
He has it all up in his website in the form of slideshows and docs, in all honesty this free energy really makes you wonder about the possibilities doesnt it.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It makes me wonder why someone would be so fraudulent just to convince a minority of people that they are smarter than they really are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom