Thrive - What will it take?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And @Avenger so you don't believe these people because they don't have (or they might have I dont know) a piece of paper that says "Hey look I am a scientist".
If they can show me how they got around the second law of thermodynamics, and furthermore show me the formulas they used to calculate the net gain of energy, as well as evidence that it worked, then I might be inclined to believe them. They do none of these things in their documentaries.

What makes a person a scientist? What stops me and any regular person from learning physics in their free time and choose to practice it at will?
A shortage of free time and the rarity of true autodidactism?

Last time I checked most inventions have been made by people who actually failed school but had a vision stronger than a simple piece of paper in this "reality" of yours.
I'm sorry, you'll have to give some evidence to support this theory. In my experience, most successful scientists and inventors have had some pretty great backgrounds.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
If they can show me how they got around the second law of thermodynamics, and furthermore show me the formulas they used to calculate the net gain of energy, as well as evidence that it worked, then I might be inclined to believe them. They do none of these things in their documentaries.

Obviously I can't. All that is left is their videos of their xperiments. That is what I wish people would unite for. Releasing all the confiscated tech.

A shortage of free time and the rarity of true autodidactism?

That is not to say it doesn't exist. As it stands right now I feel determined to get into some physics in my free time. Potentially even more when I stop being a student and get some money to buy some things which will help me in the process. Also plenty of videos on youtube that use a magnetic "sidekick" to help a generator produce electricity and reduce electricity bills.

I'm sorry, you'll have to give some evidence to support this theory. In my experience, most successful scientists and inventors have had some pretty great backgrounds.
Let me rephrase. Last time I checked most important inventions have been made by people who actually either failed school or dropped out but had a vision stronger than a simple piece of paper in this "reality" of yours. The greatest mind, Einstein failed everything non-science related in school. Today, you fail a subject at College level(Einstein failed the tests took at college level) and you are looked at as a failure and won't get employed let alone get in a good Uni and pursue your interest. Bill Gates dropped out, the Wright brothers attended high school but never got a diploma, Nikola Tesla also dropped out of University. etc. I think most people who have a vision see school after a certain point as something that impairs them and is wasting their time when they could be pursuing it.

Anyway here is another link I discovered.
http://www.globalenergysys.net/AdamTrombly_Thrive_homopolargenerator.html
It shows some scanned Polaroids of the apparatus( which is something called a Mechanical Homopolar Amplifier). There seems to be some controversy between two of the scientist that worked on it as to who thinks has created it. Adam Trombly claims to have created it in Thrive but David Farnsworth claims he has and scanned those Polaroids to prove it.

Also to add to the school thing:
In researching this article, I interviewed David Farnsworth. He isn’t a scientist, has no degrees, and has never claimed that he has. He is an inventor, and for many years he’s been working on trying to develop a more efficient form of generator.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...not quite on the Einstein front. He failed the non-science/math related portions of an entrance exam, and later retook and passed the exam after extra schooling. He was trying to enroll to a technical school a few years earlier than kids normally would, so despite being brilliant in the fields he excelled at, he didn't really have the foundation required for everything else. All in all, he was a great student.

In modern times, in the States anyway, if you fail entrance exams to a University, you go to community college, build up your grades, and then transfer. Nothing too out of the ordinary, and you're not deemed a failure.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
My apologies on the Einstein front, I forgot he was younger than the other students taking the exams.

In the UK if you fail any of the end of College exams (if you dont follow a coursework based course) you may not get enough UCAS points to go study what your particularly wanted at a Uni because they have certain entry requirements. You do get a chance to retake but it is usually capped at a certain grade no matter how well you do. Usually a D.

In Romania if you fail you fail. In school if you fail to get Average or above of grade 5 out of 10 in ANY of the subjects you have to repeat the whole school year. College exams are taken every year and if you fail any major one there are not retakes and I'm not sure if you get to repeat the year cos I left for the UK after school but it is the same with University.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I was referring to entrance exams. If you fail a course, you fail the course. You either retake it, which comes out of pocket, of course, or you drop it if you can. Still referring to college.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
There are no entrance exams in UK & RO. The exams you finish an institution with are the ones your entry is based on at the next level institution.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously I can't. All that is left is their videos of their xperiments. That is what I wish people would unite for. Releasing all the confiscated tech.
That sounds terribly convenient. No scientist I know "forgets" to take multiple and hidden backups of potentially mindboggling scientific breakthroughs... Scientists are not oblivious to the political nature of science.
That is not to say it doesn't exist. As it stands right now I feel determined to get into some physics in my free time. Potentially even more when I stop being a student and get some money to buy some things which will help me in the process. Also plenty of videos on youtube that use a magnetic "sidekick" to help a generator produce electricity and reduce electricity bills.
When you learn physics, it will become apparent that this whole thing is a conspiracy theory, and not a scientific marvel.

If this was real, scientists would be all over it, but they aren't.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It is impossible to generate more energy in a system than what it consumes. If this were true then the device would be running in overunity mode and would be over 100% efficient which is impossible. However it is completely possible to generate more energy than what the device consumes if the local enviroment is involved or some other energy that is outside of the system which can be drawn or attracted into the system. Namely the the power of magnets and how to unlock it's hidden power and potential will be discussed.
This expands on the idea of magnet ability to increase the output of a device while using minimal input.
http://eternalmotor.t15.org/

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The whole concept doesn't rely on magnets man. The magnets are meant to aid the system by providing a natural source of power input in the form of its physical force of repelling or attracting another electromagnetic field to keep it moving at the expense of almost no power.

First let me begin with magnetic fields. In a simple pulse motor, you have a power source, the battery. This power then is pulsed on and switched through the coil, which then of course produces an electromagnetic field which then repulses or attracts another magnetic field on a spinning rotor, depending on how you have it set up. Here's where all the secrets lie, in between those magnetic fields. This is where the system can tap energy from another system outside of the first, and can appear to be part of the system, this is what we want to do.
This particular design talks of 2 energy generating systems that can work in tandem, helping each other out at low cost. The only costly thing about it is actually building it....

Also, again you are forcing me to use this quote: We can't move forward without challenging accepted thinking nor accept it as absolute.
Everything you know is not limited to what you know but by what you don't know. Physicists haven't discovered the answer to everything and it just so happens that the field of magnetism is not that developed.

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What would it take to convince you that this isn't a real thing?

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Filling the gaps in our physics? We still have no concrete evidence as to how Earth has a geomagnetic field, only theories. I mean c'mon until recently we didn't even know about Brinicles!

Look, bottom line is I'm not asking you to believe all that but instead of being so negative about all this why can't you just keep an open mind? There have been quite a few smart people that have brought legitimate theories to loads of things even to say that we are surrounded by energy (E=mc^2) and there are still so many things left unexplained and we don't know the full extent off. Why does it seem so impossible that natural energy could be harvested freely within its balance? We already have solar,wind,water power...the next giant leap is currently being delayed by the greed of the people. And that makes me sad

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
We still have no concrete evidence as to how Earth has a geomagnetic field.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/288/5473/2007

Until recently we didn't even know about Brinicles!
http://journals.cambridge.org/abstract_S0022112074001017

Look, bottom line is I'm not asking you to believe all that but instead of being so negative about all this why can't you just keep an open mind?
If I make the claim that I have a machine that lets me go back and forth through time at my leisure, should you keep an open mind about that, provided I throw in some fancy words?

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/288/5473/2007

http://www.iop.org/News/news_35352.html

http://journals.cambridge.org/abstract_S0022112074001017

This is still fairly recent, 2006. Plus there was no video of it then.

If I make the claim that I have a machine that lets me go back and forth through time at my leisure, should you keep an open mind about that, provided I throw in some fancy words?
As a matter of fact I would. Impossible is nothing. USS Philadelphia experiment? John Hutchinson has managed to spawn bits of wood inside aluminum blocks. And some believe that Einstein thought up teleportation but he also thought we were too "young" to be exposed to such technology. Tesla also thought up of a way to transmit electricity wirelessly before his funding was stopped and then killed. Perhaps you are looking at it the wrong way. You don't teleport mass. You teleport energy. All mass is made out of energy (E=mc^2). Until we break through quantum physics we won't be capable of such things though.

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/24759/

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This is still fairly recent, 2006. Plus there was no video of it then.
It says 1973... It says it was posted online in 2006.

I can't find any articles citing this anywhere outside of iop... I think this will be contested for some time until they find better evidence. A geodynamo does mostly explain the magnetic field on the Earth. They're talking about a variation that isn't supposed to be there, that may be explained by further research.

As a matter of fact I would.
Then wouldn't you be equally forced to keep an open mind to me being Einstein incarnate, crossbred with Tesla, and put together by a Taiwanese man in a shady back alley? And that I went back in time to see if those inventions worked, and that they didn't?

Impossible is nothing.
When you can perform triple-20-back exercises, come back and tell me that impossible is nothing. Until then I think that phrase is a bit uncalled for.

USS Philadelphia experiment? John Hutchinson has managed to spawn bits of wood inside aluminum blocks.
You'll have to be more detailed than that for it to make any sense to me.

And some believe that Einstein thought up teleportation but he also thought we were too "young" to be exposed to such technology.
Actually, Einstein insisted that teleportation was impossible... He was quite adamant, and actually made fun of quantum mechanics.

Tesla also thought up of a way to transmit electricity wirelessly before his funding was stopped and then killed.
Uh, we know how to transmit electricity wirelessly. We have most of his patents. It's just that it isn't particularly effective to blast electricity into the ionosphere, and we have no idea what that might do to the world. His funding stopped because, frankly, he wasn't very good at getting funding. He was a recluse with a dozen OCDs or more.
Perhaps you are looking at it the wrong way. You don't teleport mass. You teleport energy. All mass is made out of energy (E=mc^2).
Actually, what that equation says is that mass is energy. Just like basically everything else that isn't "nothing" (though a difference in nothings would in fact create a potential and thusly energy).

Until we break through quantum physics we won't be capable of such things though.
I really don't think you have the background to make statements about quantum teleportation or quantum physics, though... When you understand these things better, feel free to make outrageous statements with amazing formulas behind them, but until then, you're really just reiterating other people's ideas, and those people didn't use any evidence to show that they were right...
Notice the comments all say this is nonsense.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger, You can't defeat a crazy person

as an example

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm sorry but nothing is proven without a shadow of a doubt here. @Avenger there is one thing to keep open minded and another to know what's real and not. The facts here to me seem to be that you think you know everything and won't accept that we as a species haven't got the answers to everything. All the brilliant scientists have faced people saying the **** that they are trying to do is impossible and that they are crazy.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but nothing is proven without a shadow of a doubt here. @Avenger there is one thing to keep open minded and another to know what's real and not. The facts here to me seem to be that you think you know everything and won't accept that we as a species haven't got the answers to everything. All the brilliant scientists have faced people saying the **** that they are trying to do is impossible and that they are crazy.
You are sitting in front of a machine capable of communicating with half of the world's population in a second. That is science. What you are talking about is not science, and presenting it as such is erroneous. Nothing I tell you will convince you that you're wrong, so I see no reason to continue talking about this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom