ESF Release Schedule - Important

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
verify to vote, it's simple. If people don't like it they're obviously not HL1 owners
i'm sure would be overjoyed if my voice get removed because of... what? paranoia? the enforcement of others to feel special ("mehehe, i can vote and you can't")? because i registered not soon enough?

do you really have no other problems? you don't want to do this, your reasons doesn't matter, and you're suspicious(a really stupid conclusion, btw)?! yes, i feel sooooo welcomed on this forum. :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why shouldn't everyone be allowed to vote? Eager fan who just registered to vote or not, their opinion matters as much as anyone elses.

I have to agree with Grega, here. Restricting non-verified users even more is pretty ridiculous. I think that restricting them from help is bad enough, but whatever.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So unless our host has a direct problem with it, i dont see an issue.
I think that restricting them from help is bad enough, but whatever.
It has never been a hoster "problem" nor a host policy. But more of a forum policy instead. It's easier to provide support that way rather than finding out that the user in the end isn't even owning Half-Life on his or her steam account. It saves up a lot of time for the person who is trying to help.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has never been a hoster "problem" nor a host policy. But more of a forum policy instead. It's easier to provide support that way rather than finding out that the user in the end isn't even owning Half-Life on his or her steam account. It saves up a lot of time for the person who is trying to help.
Relax, it was my opinion. I'm aware that it was related to forum policy. As for your response to what Grega said, restricting them from voting would have nothing to do with forum policy.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
My reply was mainly towards Grega, I merely added your quote in the last as soon I saw you replied as well. I'm not restricting anyone at the moment, it all depends on the dev's wishes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why shouldn't everyone be allowed to vote? Eager fan who just registered to vote or not, their opinion matters as much as anyone elses.

I have to agree with Grega, here. Restricting non-verified users even more is pretty ridiculous. I think that restricting them from help is bad enough, but whatever.
Because why should someone who just joined have the same sway as a group of people who've invested a decade of their lives? MK already said he's gone to other forums to "enlighten" them. If we suddenly had an influx of new people, obviously they'd want something now rather than later, because those same people couldn't be assed to stick with the game when nothing visible was going on. If this sounds elitist, that's perfectly acceptable to me. So, to me, their opinions matter a hell of a lot less than yours, because even if you've tried to kill this mod several times, and have been at the root of many of its problems, at least you've been around long enough to have a stake in it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you in the first place? Not everyone who isn't validated doesn't have Half-Life. Excluding non-validation users from the community is pretty messed up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How difficult is it to validate HL? It's the one and only requirement, and takes all of 3 seconds to do.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
To be honest, I can see a point in a way why some of the people are saying to exclude normal registered users. Why exactly would a vote count if the person "might" be owning an illegal copy of ESF or none at all? However, on the other side. Some people may not own Half-life yet and might be wanting to buy the game later when ESF has been released. Just when they see it's an awesome game to play against others online.

So in my opinion, I do believe all the voters votes counts as a whole.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because why should someone who just joined have the same sway as a group of people who've invested a decade of their lives? MK already said he's gone to other forums to "enlighten" them. If we suddenly had an influx of new people, obviously they'd want something now rather than later, because those same people couldn't be assed to stick with the game when nothing visible was going on. If this sounds elitist, that's perfectly acceptable to me. So, to me, their opinions matter a hell of a lot less than yours, because even if you've tried to kill this mod several times, and have been at the root of many of its problems, at least you've been around long enough to have a stake in it.
You don't really sound elitist, I can understand where you're coming from. From my point of view, I'm just expecting these people to read the options and go with what they think is right. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I just don't think the majority of them will be going for the two phases just so they can play the game earlier.

As for what Mkilbride did, I'm hoping that he at least relayed this thread to a community who knows/cares about ESF instead of a community that he told to vote for x option.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I can see a point in a way why some of the people are saying to exclude normal registered users. Why exactly would a vote count if the person "might" be owning an illegal copy of ESF or none at all? However, on the other side. Some people may not own Half-life yet and might be wanting to buy the game later when ESF has been released. Just when they see it's an awesome game to play against others online.

So in my opinion, I do believe all the voters votes counts as a whole.
It's simple. Members without Half-Life verified won't be able to play the game. That means we're letting them choose for those of us that can and will the released version. As for the "Some people may not own Half-life yet" thing, my prediction is that most won't buy anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again...

If you own Half-Life, then you should vote, because this game will only be available to those who own Half-Life.

It makes sense to require registry to vote, because the people who play on WON now won't be able to once the game is released. Why does the opinion of people who will never play the game matter?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not even verified, and I've been here almost ten years now. I don't think it should be a requisite to vote.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're a beta-tester. That makes you verified.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you release it with few characters, one transformation, no goodies, it will eventually die like NNK, no one will play it in no time, no one will work on it, quality custom modding people have long gone by now. Besides we all know after the release you will all have a loooooong break from this, no addons, no fixes.

Now I don't want to destroy peoples hopes but its how it is down the history of mod making, I'm amazed how long this turned out really, don't lose it now, don't make the same mistake as NNK, or everything was in vain.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite honestly it doesnt change a thing for us.

We have the Phase 1 as we call it set as a milestone or a release. In both ways our plans are not going to change. The only thing that will change is what we do in public (meaning make a Phase 1 limited chars/transformations release or not).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why dont you read the poll fully before asking that again >.>

This poll will close on Apr 24th, 2012 at 07:03 AM Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In his defense, most poll close times are generally just random dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom