Dedicated Server Error

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Fatal error - Dedicated server
Host_Error: PF_precache_sound_[: Sound 'bebi/finalflash_charge.wav' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit. Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.

I get this error when I try to start up my Dedicated Server, anyone know a fix?
I've tried deleting Bebi as a character and deleting all of his sounds, but it still gives me the same error.
Pretty much i've deleted all files with something to do with Bebi and I still get the error.

From reading from some previous posts, I have found out that this is probably a model limit error and to most likely fix it I type fs_lazyprecache 1 in the console, but theres still a problem.
I cannot start the server to put this into the console, and with Half Life Dedicated server you don't have an option to put in anything into the console unless the server is running.
I might be missing something. Let me know.

Also every time I tried deleting a character (As said as one of the fixes) I would get a new error: Hunk Alloc: failed on 65640 bytes

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I fixed the problem.... after a few hours.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can use the .cfg files to put in the command.

I believe the file server.cfg or something like that is used when the server is starting. So the command in there will enable it without the server running beforehand.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You can use the .cfg files to put in the command.

I believe the file server.cfg or something like that is used when the server is starting. So the command in there will enable it without the server running beforehand.
Thanks for that I'm gonna go tinker with that file now!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom