Everytime I load this website

Discord Member
Best answers
Wait.. Grega is in charge of PR? That's new to me :p. In any case.. I'm already setting up somewhat of a blog for the dev to post in. Each dev get's their own blog, but whenever they'll add something in it will be completely up to them.
Not exactly what I had in mind with the whole "whenever they'll add something in it will be completely up them" I can foresee people posting a few times and not commiting. Never the less that is an awesome idea Skyrider and myself and others appreciate it very much.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Each dev member is different. One prefers to publish things of their work for others to see and others merely wish to work on the mod with barely to none of their work published for the public.

Discord Member
Best answers
Each dev member is different. One prefers to publish things of their work for others to see and others merely wish to work on the mod with barely to none of their work published for the public.
I see. Nothing else can be said on the matter then. Thanks for responding to the thread and I look forward to following all the Devs :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No worries. Thanks for the suggestion though :). But in the end it's really up to the developers. It's their work, so it's up to them what to do with it.

Best answers
I don't expect a release of the game within the next 8 months to be honest, I get on this website and the facebook page everyday looking for the exact same thing - updates. I read through some of the moddb.com responses and it makes me think that there will not be a release this year at all.

-Cell games map is NOT complete (even though it may look as such), Desert map is stated as being the most complete.
-minimum requirements have not been finalized, however if, "If you're able to play modern games you should be fine." Mastasurf said that.
-In response to the question is anyone(character) finshed the response to this is, "The only transformation we have is the one we revealed. Vegeta going SSJ. There are other priorities than transformation effects." Grega said this on 22Dec11, things may have changed since then.
-The character models in this game will have other 300 animations per model. God knows where they are on this one I estimate that there will be a total of at least 10,800 animations (whether Krillin has different animations between his forms along with Piccolo is unknown - this could drop the number to 10,200)
-In October and November of 2011 no "new" content had been worked on, mostly bug fixes and optimization.
-I'm sure everyone knows this but this is the character listing for ESF: Final
A18, A17, A16
Buu, Evil Buu, Super Buu, Kid Buu
Cell, Imperfect Cell, perfect Cell
Frieza, Form 2, Form 3, Form 4
Ginyu, Guldo, Jeice, Burter, Recome
Gohan, SSJ, SSJ2
Goku, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3
Krillin, unlocked potential (not really sure what the final plan with him is)
Piccolo, Removed cape
Trunks, SSJ, USSJ
Vegeta, SSJ, SSJ2

I think it'll be a long, long time before this game comes out, I'm only speculating though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega is in charge of PR and hence you, and he gave you a response, which was no.
Im PR? o_O

News to me.

He clearly responded without fully reading what I had wrote. More to the point his response wasn't good enough because it was littered with things that aren't true. Examples being time it would take to do these updates and the fact that it would distract attention away from developing the game which anyone with half a brain would know that that is rediculous. Sorry but writting down a few dot points will never be difficult or time consuming.
I did read your post (as annoying as it is to read a wall of text) and yes the updates themselves would take 5 minutes, but do you really think each dev team member keeps a list of stuff he finishes. Your example with coding.

Lets say 5 bugs get worked on and fixed. Thus they are marked fixed and are closed. Afterwards some tweaks are made to a few features. The inteam gets updated. Them to attend your update.

Now we have a bugs list and since the bugs are fixed and closed, they are put in the same list as the other closed ones. So one would have to either take notes while doing the fixes or one would have to go though an ever increasing list of fixed issues. For the tweaks its the same thing. (and the same exact list as both are regarded as tasks)

So in the end yes the post itself does take only a few minutes to complete. But to make the actual list takes longer if you are not making notes. And more than not the coders are working on multiple issues at the same time so even that could get a tad confusing.

Also imagine the following. You are tired, its evening and you just spent a good portion of 2-3 hours browsing though lines of code trying to find the cause for a few bugs, recompiling the build over and over. Its finally fixed. Do you really have the willpower left to type an update after that. Cause most people i know in real life and online would just call it a day, get something to eat and be glad its done and over with.

The idea there is "Im tired, the bug is fixed so dont bother me with it unless it pops up again"

Again there were developer journals in the past. One for each developer. People posted updates there, but it was a lot less frequent than the news updates.

Why?

Because its a lot more time consuming to review what you have been doing and make a short post about it than one would think.

Unless you are happy with updates that look like this:

Coding:
-Modnay:
*Bug fixes
*Tewaks
-Tuesday:
*Bug fixes
-Wednesday:
*Adding features

You kinda get the idea where im going with this. That is the only kind of update you could actually finish in 5 to 10 minutes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But Grega, don't you think the dev team should spend a few hours every time they do work to write a long detailed list of how and why? I mean, it's not like they have jobs and lives, right?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone likes to protect the team and point out that they have lives and other obligations. This is true. But I completely understand the point of view of someone looking at the mod and wondering where the updates are. An actual PR guy might do wonders. He/she could write up the updates and the people working on the content wouldn't be bothered.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not to sound rude, but even for coding you can put updates. Well at least WoW private server or other games programmers do sort of changelog. "Today I fixed some ****ty 5bugs, 1crash fix and added missing strings ore w/e" and you could compile it every day and release it every week or everyday and it will probably satisfy those update w*ores, by just writing a tiny line of text.
It's just my 2cent for suggestion.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are so funny. I'd rather have them surprise release the game like the Cry of Fear devs are doing. Makes me one happy panda.

Updates are cool and all, but seriously, knowing they fixed some bugs isn't really making me more excited for the release.

Best answers
I'm gonna have to say I completely agree with Z Power. To address updates, it seems like the facebook page wouldn't even be if it weren't for Dalte (I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like), which I think is cool especially for all amount of updates we've gotten over the past 2 months. Updates are coming, randomly, so I can see how someone could become frustrated there is not a "steady pace" of them coming........who knows.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Raven is the one who made the facebook page. Dalte is just the one using it mostly.

Raven also wanted to have as many people in the ESF steam group chat, but that idea kinda died after 4 or so weeks or activity drop on both sides dev and community ^^

We even had a live stream of the game once especially for the people who were in the chat at the time.

Discord Member
Best answers
Actually Raven is the one who made the facebook page. Dalte is just the one using it mostly.

Raven also wanted to have as many people in the ESF steam group chat, but that idea kinda died after 4 or so weeks or activity drop on both sides dev and community ^^

We even had a live stream of the game once especially for the people who were in the chat at the time.
Will a live stream be happening again? I'd love to watch it. I am apart of the ESF Australia steam group not the official one which is probably why I missed out on it. In response to your are other answer I only meant for you guys to briefly sumarise. Meaning that you wouldn't have to go into massive detail about. Example being "Today I worked on bug fixes" and then maybe that person would just put the 5 categories that he/she did bug fixes on (goku, maps, vegeta?) It'd be a couple lines of simple text but it's all good stuff :)

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To add to this.

This is just a suggestion.
How about releasing the commit changelog description, as in the text that you give for the fix/implementation code. This way, we can see actively what the coders are working on, without revealing the source code or the code changes.

Like:
Commit: e632h36sg
* Changed Goku's starting HP
* Implemented Part 1 of the Bonus Tier System
* Cleaned some code
* + more random fixes...

This way we can get an idea of what's going on.

I could be wrong, it might not work like this at all, you could not be using a major subversion system and just some small run-of-the-mill system that it would take too much time to do that, and would not be worth it, I don't know. It's just a suggestion.

Don't get my wrong, I'm happy to wait, I've got other things to do to keep waiting for as long as it takes to finish ESF. (Which I'm excited for..)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are using SVN, so all you see is what files are being updated unless the person who commits the changes leaves any notes.

In any case just for the giggles

* Changed Goku's starting HP - Not done through code anymore.
* Implemented Part 1 of the Bonus Tier System - Code for that is pretty much done
* Cleaned some code - This one takes months to do XD
Also current inteam version is 7352 Since the start of the new year we have had exactly 98 updates meaning more than 4 updates a day ^^

Just throwing out some info because i can XD

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
We are using SVN, so all you see is what files are being updated unless the person who commits the changes leaves any notes.

Also current inteam version is 7352 Since the start of the new year we have had exactly 98 updates meaning more than 4 updates a day ^^

I also pointed out that the lack of updates is killing ESF, because people lose interest.

Now to know there are 4 updates a day, says atleast something and a little specification would be nice.

This doesnt take alot of time and prevents threads like these, hence saving time.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3 of those 4 updates a day is Dalte changing the inteam name to stuff like "Debbie Does Dallas XXX"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah. We didnt have a name change since mid January when masta switched it back to esf inteam ^^

But yea every time someone commits a SVN update is made. So if 4 people change something and commit it counts as 4 updates.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Oh har har, it was an example!! Lol

Thanks for the info Grega, good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom