👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey community,

~Sorry for forcing you guys to read this, but it's quite important~

The forums has been successfully updated to the latest version of vBulletin. And yes, I know. You might not really care ^_^.

However, remember the bonus I was talking about? You know? The one I've been posting about on the forums for the past week? Regarding the archives? Forums? Gone forever? Merge? Yes? Good. Because it worked. The annihilation of the forums? Not so much. The archive database that contained most missing threads and posts from 2001 to 2008 (roughly estimated, but heck, who keeps track?) has been successfully restored in the live forums! All those days working on the archives really paid up. And I say most (slash) mostly because there are still a few pages of threads that I couldn't recover.

Awww, yes.. I know.. but cheer up! Most threads (and I really mean, most of it) has been recovered without any problems! So what does this mean?! This means you can view all the old-school threads & posts on the forums, way back to the creation date of the forums. Entertain yourself or bring back memories of all that was once lost. Or take your time, it's not like they'll run away again.

Check this out! :)

Before:

And after:

I however do have a favor to ask. While most of the threads and posts were successfully recovered, there are a few side-effects.

- Duplicate users (With their starting name Imported_theirshinyusernamehere)
- Threads and posts that have a guest name but not having a profile.
- Avatar issues on the older users
- Duplicate (possible threads)
- And other issues I just forgot about..

The duplicate users that have an Imported_ username are very easy to fix by merging their accounts in to one. Yay!

The same with threads/posts that have a guest username, with this being an example:

They can easily be fixed as well by attaching the guest username to a profile. How cool is that?

In time however, everything will be solved. And remember the favor I asked above? If you'd be so kind to reply any kind of problems (which is most likely) I'll solve it as quick as possible. If a member has to be merged, please provide both profile URL's. The same for when you see a guest account which needs to be linked to a profile.

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

Also, if any posts/threads are missing. Let me know! Just in case something horrible happened.

I thank thee, and enjoy the archives now being live on the forums!

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you suggesting we ride Skyrider? As if he were some kind of Guyrider? I am offended on Skyrider's behalf, sir.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider found a time capsule! :O!!!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If your post count has decreased, I am unsure why. I never touched the big "screw up the postcount" re-counter button.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I believe to be my original account (Xerimethius) is still showing up as guest, and I found an account under the name Zeonix which appears to have been created in 07. Would it be possible to merge those two with my current account, and then change my join date back to Nov of 03?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You originally had 2 accounts, right? With the current one being your third?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im fairly certain I have more floating around, but I dont remember any account names. Ill settle for the stated two unless ypu are able to find more.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I noticed that on quite some users their postcount has been effected after the import. I'll download a copy of the forums that I created after I opened up the forums and see if I can solve it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That seemed to go off with very little trouble! Now I can have a peek at what the forums were like before I joined. Or at least the thread titles :p.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, my post count is like 2000 posts lower.

:p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm currently importing both old and new forum databases on my local machine. I shall try to solve the problem :).

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Annnd none of the changes concern me.

;sadpanda;

Anyway, good job not destroying the forums Sky. ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me there have only been negative consequences. ):

Best answers
My old account is not working. Old account name was: Snow

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Hmmm...I too have had my post count reduced, it was at 403 and now it is 347 (well, 348 after this post I guess). Not as huge a drop as Sub though obviously. :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
My old account is not working. Old account name was: Snow
Will check it out tomorrow.

As for the post count drop. I'll look in to it tomorrow. The forum is currently doing a rebuild in the search index which takes up a lot of time. Especially with the size of the current database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom