Ki balls and beams

Best answers
You should be able to shoot alot of ki balls fast like vegita did against cell when trunks got hurt But they should make alot of smoke to and holes i nthe ground so you dont know if you killed them yet and beams should make holes and Smoke also the smokes a important thing in dbz

Best answers
I don't think we should waste visability and processing involving smoke. But that's just my opinion.

Best answers
there's nothing wrong with that you can't see good cause of the fog or xplosions.. but it would make the game superlaggy..
if it was possible, there would already be giant levels with mountains 2 blow up.

the HL engine just sux for such things.. you need the q3a engine 2 do that really well, see bidforpower..

Vassago

V
making holes in the ground is damn near impossible with Halflife.

it IS possible, but its very hard, and it means adding func_breakable entities to the map, which lags online play.

Smoke can be done client-side so thats not a big issue really. It wont effect net lag at all, just your client side fps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u tell em!

one hl dbz mod did smoke and it wasnt laggy(well didnt lag up there crap net code it just wasnt as laggy :p)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
haveing stuff like smoke will lag the game to much, alot of ppl are playing on cable or dsl etc (i am on broadband cable) but most of the ppl saying that they should have sfx like that HAVE cable and dsl, but u got to think about 56k and below, anyone with that will lag like hell, just look at dmz, that lags like there is no tommrow, even on cable! i really hope esf dont turn in to a dmz.....

Best answers
Yeah sadly the age of the HL engine takes its price.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u can make non laggy smoke... :p

Retired
Best answers
smoke is not laggy because its cl side. their are 2 reason we dont use it. one cuz it only works in opgl mode and two because since it is cl side it can be hacked, alowing people to cheat and see everything. As for the mountains that can be blown up, well we no how todo it and its not real laggy but a wee bit framie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya the HL engine shows its age with all the demands of the ever hungry ESF players.
Im on 56K and would never play online again its just too damn laggy dont know many other 56kers who play online so i think additions to the game that add MINOR lag should be added to improve the game play!
I just play on a LAN much Better!
So where can i get these HUGE Destrucabel Maps? sound like FUN!

Peace Out

BrunO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom