Grabbing and Deflecting attacks

Best answers
I think it would be So Much More Fun If when attacks came you had option beside run, run, let it hit you, ps it, run or teleport.

Don't get me wrong, they are fine beside most ppl (eg if vegeta) run then charge up a superir big bang attack and kill you reall quick (if pl higher).

But if you could grab it, and push it away (probally like a ps bar only it's not one live one doesn'), or freak them out and defelct it! (if pl was higher or timming was SPOT ON!).

I relised that instead of the running ppl would spam and abuse this but! careful work suck as the attack taking 4 secs and you have to press the button ON 2 and if you miss wait those other 2 secs, (or soemthing like that).

Anyway you get where i'm going tell me what you think.

Best answers
It good idea, but what if someone makes a script which lets u always press that button? Even the thing, then he doesn't have to worry bout timing!

Best answers
thats not what i mean, this move will take4 secs to do, for those 4 seconds everything is locked out (exeped esc and you know, those)

EG. it takes 1 second to charge up, it has to hit you on 2, 3 and 4 are dead times, where you can't move, no matter what.

But thats what i think, youll have to talk to the ESF boys about the details (if they like it)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Thats a really good idea, so BB spammers wouldn't have as much power over the good players. But, would you be able to discs like Gohan did in the Cell Games or would it just be beams?

Best answers
it'll really even things up with those disc if you could do that, but you'd really have to ask the ESF Team

Banned
Banned
Best answers
catching and deflecting is a terrific idea..

it would add so much to the gameplay....

Ah.....it's be great :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah
but you only should be able to push the attack away, if your pl is min. 1/2 or 3/4 (i leave this to the esf team) of the attackers pl. only if the pl is higher than the attackers pl you should be able to reflect it. also it should take a certain amount of ki to push/reflect it like in powerstruggle. the higher the reflection-angle is the higher should be the amount of ki you need(at 180° the same power the attack used for the attack). if you havent anymore ki, the attack should push you back and explode if you hit something solid(ground or map edge).

but what happend when the attacker blows this attack up?

Best answers
you shouild only be aloud to did it if your PL is higher, and the timeings right.

I think it's supose to be to Spook your enemy! (there are many exaplems of this in DBZ)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but i remember the freezer-goku-fight when freezer fires a ball of energy on the not-ssj goku and goku was pulled back, crashed into a wall and finally push the attack away.
in this chase goku was on a lower level then freezer.

by the way: if its only to spook the enemy, the feature is useless, because it makes the game easier for the stronger

before you had a chance to hit a stronger enemy, but with this feature, he just push your attack away and you lose your ki for nothing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you mean?
my suggestion or chickens?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with firefly. If anything, the lower pl person should be able to use it. That's what freaks out your enemy. If you're weak and you throw away his attack. But it should take away a bunch of energy from you to perform. But I like the idea.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I meant the catch and deflect ideas. I think it should be ki related, ie somone who throws a quickly charged attack can have it sent back express mail. :) It should work on the PS mechanic but it should push you back instead of a ki blast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it should happend this way:

the attack arrives, the defender grabs it, hold it for 3 sec, in this 3 seconds he looses ki for holding it, than he can push it away

but there are some problems:

whats with the attackers option to blow an attack up?
everyone would blow up this attack just right before the beam hits or while defender is holding it
or when you hold the attack the attacker loose control of it, the hole beam becomes a energyball in the hands of the defender and the attacker is free and can charge is next attack or whatever

should the reflection angle be influenced by the player or an standart angle?

damn this hole thing gets really complicated!!! :S
i wont have the job to make the code for this :shocked:

Best answers
mabey you should only be able to deflect it if your PL is higher
and grab it if you pl is a percentage below (like you said, leave that to the ESF team)

P.S. At the point Wasn't Freza not fully powered up? i can't quick remeber i watched it too long ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
freeza was at 50% as i remember, but that was stronger than goku

goku makes a genkidama, freeza wasnt dead, goku got ssj and so on...

Sound Artist
Best answers
My idea from a long time ago was.. It has a charge meter, but you can simply tap the deflect button and if you timed it right you could deflect little things like Ki Blasts, now if you saw something bigger heading your way you could hold the button down and the meter would charge up, time it right again and it would deflect the beam away(the person who controlled the beam would be unlocked) and the beam would fly away from you. Now if your PL was lower than the person shooting at you, you have a higher chance of it exploding in your face(And you'll be required to charge longer), if your PL is higher, you don't have to charge as long to deflect it.
As for balance, just make sure it has to be hit at the correct spot, cost some ki. Also, people can just explode it if its close enough. (That's why the user must not have control after its deflected, it would be cheap if you deflect and they can just explode it afterwards.)

Sound Artist
Best answers
As for "grabbing" there was no such thing unless you mean. Holding the Ki with your hands and using your own power to push it off you. It's more or less, holding the ki, if you have enough power to thrust it outwards you win, if not it explodes in your face. (You could have a meter like Power Struggles) If the beam was more powerful you'd have to fight to win, like put in more ki ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom