Beta 1.1 Lag/Fps Tweaks

Best answers
i did all of that and i still get 30 fps.... and i use a ATI Radeon 9700 pro :cry:

Best answers
Groovy, all i can say is......... Whatta sig!!!!!!!!

Also..... is there an update that fixes the problem with the crosshairs being a little bit to the bottom of where you are actually aiming?

Best answers
its kinda funney i have a standard vid card low ram and i dont lag att all until i play the mp3 player

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Vegeta420
its kinda funney i have a standard vid card low ram and i dont lag att all until i play the mp3 player
What are your computer specs? Coz if it lags just when you turn your mp3 player on, it's most likely your computer isn't handling the cpu load. If it gets kinda choppy when you have your mp3 player on, then it's your cpu usage getting eaten by the load.

Discord Member
Best answers
Is there a way to put all settings back to default? I tried a few of these settings, and all it's doing is making ESF crash out every 5 min . I also get a black screen when i try and open up ESF again , thus requres me to reboot.

Best answers
sound does add lagg.
7000rate is a bit low, atleast 10000, too remove choke and some MS.. i use 25000, on dsl and it works perfect.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Bombg
Is there a way to put all settings back to default? I tried a few of these settings, and all it's doing is making ESF crash out every 5 min . I also get a black screen when i try and open up ESF again , thus requres me to reboot.
Yes, just modify your autoexec.cfg file to remove all the lines you added (look at first post). Leave only the default ones.

Best answers
Added Cvars

cl_updaterate "101"
updates the refrsh rate of FPS/ping faster default value is 20-30

rate "9999"
Highest Network settings 7000+ recommended for DSL/Cable

scr_conspeed "9999"
Speeds up console scroll speed, default value is 600

stuffcmds
Used to initialize client console commands from server

If changing in game try using Flush after changing a cvar. It flushes the memory and reloads developer mode may need to be set to 1

Also gl_texturemode
GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST, (Worst)
GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST, (Better)
GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR, (Good)
GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR (Best)

Tons and Tons of Cvars to mess with out there

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would think that setting gl_max_size to a higher amount then your ram would mess things up?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be interesting to see... It might just cache it in on hard drive or just get confused... If your computer lags when you turn on the computer its because of 1 or 2 of 2 things. Not enough ram or ****ty sound card. Sound cards are recommended for the plain sake of taking the work load off of your processor.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Originally posted by [SSJ]MyStIc
i did all of that and i still get 30 fps.... and i use a ATI Radeon 9700 pro :cry:
I've got the same card, like you, using directx gives me about 30 fps, opengl gives me double that .. so consider opengl if you haven't already enabled it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
fps_max "100"
Tells ESF my maximum framerate allowed ingame is 100fps. It will not go higher, so don't try. I recommend everyone set this, as I don't know why it isn't in the file in the first place...(there is a setting in the CONFIG.CFG file in the ESF folder that tells the game to max at it's default of 72...which sucks cause...if you are at 70 and lose 40 fps, you're in the dumps...if you're at 100 and you lose 40, it's not as much of a horrible loss visually)

Actually, if you are at 100 fps and lose 40, you wouldve lost only 12 if max was 72.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's my ping config for CABLE/DSL:

bgmbuffer "0"
bgmvolume "0.000000"
bitmapfonts "1"
cl_3drocks "0"
cl_allowdownload "1"
cl_allowupload "1"
cl_backspeed "5000"
cl_beamquality "0"
cl_cmdrate "55"
cl_download_ingame "1"
cl_drawnames "1"
cl_dusttrails "0"
cl_dusttrailslbl "0.000000"
cl_forwardspeed "5000"
cl_fxquality "3"
cl_gaitestimation "1"
cl_gg "0"
cl_himodels "1.000000"
cl_latency "-50"
cl_lc "1"
cl_lw "1"
cl_nopred "0"
cl_rate "11000.0528"
cl_resend "6"
cl_sidespeed "5000"
cl_updaterate "55"
cl_upspeed "5000"
con_color "0 255 0"
console "1"
fakelag "0"
fakeloss "0"
fps_max "120"
gl_clear "0"
gl_cull "1"
gl_dither "0"
gl_keeptjunctions "1"
gl_lightholes "0"
gl_max_size "256"
gl_picmip "0"
gl_spriteblend "0"
gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
gl_wateramp "0"
gl_ztrick "0"
hisound "1"
hpk_maxsize "1"
hud_centerid "1"
hud_classautokill "0"
hud_deathnotice_time "6"
hud_saytext_time "6"
loadas8bit "0"
m_filter "1"
mp_decals "400"
precache "1"
r_decals "400"
r_dynamic "0"
r_mirroralpha "0"
r_drawviewmodel "1"
r_mmx "1"
rate "7500"
scr_conspeed "100000"
suitvolume "0.000000"
mp3volume "0.000000"
sv_aim "0.000000"
sv_cheats "0"
sv_voiceenable "0"
s_a3d "0"
s_eax "0"
s_reverb "0"
violence_ablood "1"
violence_agibs "1"
violence_hblood "1"
violence_hgibs "1"
voice_avggain "0.000000"
voice_clientdebug "0"
voice_dsound "0"
voice_eax "0"
voice_enable "0"
voice_fadeouttime "0.000"
voice_inputfromfile "0"
voice_loopback "0"
voice_maxgain "0"
voice_modenable "0"
voice_overdrive "0"
voice_overdrivefadetime "0.000"
voice_profile "0"
voice_recordtofile "0"
voice_scale "0"
voice_serverdebug "0"
voice_showchannels "0"
voice_showincoming "0"
volume "1.000000"

It'll say I have a low FPS even after using my scripts, but it plays like my FPS is 60+ | Also, I don't use the in-game Mp3 player, I use a plugin for WINAMP called HLamp that allows me to control WinAmp in-game and displays info above the scouter [EXAMPLE #1] [EXAMPLE #2]

Best answers
errm.... anyone know anything about my question?

is there an update that fixes the problem with the crosshairs being a little bit to the bottom of where you are actually aiming?

Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
That would be interesting to see... It might just cache it in on hard drive or just get confused... If your computer lags when you turn on the computer its because of 1 or 2 of 2 things. Not enough ram or ****ty sound card. Sound cards are recommended for the plain sake of taking the work load off of your processor.
Actually a bunch of things could cause this problem.
Any where from Slow harddrive, bad sector on harddrive, to your NIC looking for an IP, and alot of others.

Best answers
Just a tid bit of info for some people out there that may not know.

You go out to the store and buy an ATI Radeon 9700 pro because you heard its the latest and greatest video card on the market.

You go home and install it and play ESF, your FPS doesnt change...

Reasons why:
Low amount of RAM or Slow RAM
Slow CPU
Slow motherboard (with or with out intergrated video)

In order to have great FPS you would need to upgrade all aspecs of your computer to meet or exceed the needs of each of your hardware components.

When I say slow I mean, PC 100/133 SDRAM, Intel Celeron or AMD Duron CPU or 900mhz or less CPU speed, motherboard with a 0x/2x/4x agp chipset.
A low amount of RAM would be 256mb or less on an NT based Operating System (aka Windows 2k/XP/Xp pro) You would need 512mb of Ram or greater to be able to utilize what the OS is taking up and support your gaming.

Recommended PC Specs:
Motherboard supporting AGP8x and 333mhz+ FSB No Integrated Hardware
64mb+ DDR 8x AGP Video Card Either ATI or nVidia chipset (if nVidia watch out for nock offs)
Intel Pentium IV 1.8ghz+ CPU or AMD XP 2200+ CPU
1GB DDR PC2100+ or 1GB RAMBUS (RAMBUS is unstable but fast)
7200rpm+ Hard Drive (seagate is a good brand but they havnt lasted long for me)
Windows XP or XP pro (Windows 98 is unable to fully utilize anything over 128mb of RAM)

Best answers
well in my case after adding those lines it did help alot. i only have a 333 m2 pc with 128 ram and a 64 meg ati readion 7000. but i whent from 6 fps to 12 using those lines. weard thow how counter strike and reg halife run at full speed and esf is slow. hell i play bid for power for quake 3 at 30 fps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by luther349
well in my case after adding those lines it did help alot. i only have a 333 m2 pc with 128 ram and a 64 meg ati readion 7000. but i whent from 6 fps to 12 using those lines. weard thow how counter strike and reg halife run at full speed and esf is slow. hell i play bid for power for quake 3 at 30 fps.
Doesn't matter, alot of the maps for ESF don't have very good R_Speeds, for which you can't do much about, even with the best computer, although having a good comp. does help but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom