One Piece Licensed

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One Piece was listed by 4Kids Entertainment as Licensed by them. :/

4Kids Announces One Piece (2004-06-08 10:54:30)
4Kids Entertainment announced today that they have acquired the hit anime series One Piece for domestic distribution. Additionally, according to the latest press release, One Piece will air on the Fox Box this fall. Source: GATV

(it's on the front page of Anime news network)

What do you guys think? It's kind of sad.

Kaizoku Fansubs has been doing a pretty good job, even if they are ninety-seven episodes behind where it's airing in Japan.. :/

I'm sure the dub will be crappy, and make Luffy say things like..

"Defend yourself, foul Villain! Stretch stretch pistol attack!"

But, oh well. Yet another anime going to be sent to the slaughter-house.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

One piece was one of my favorite animes :( This is the worst news I have heard all week.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We as (Americans/Canadiens etc etc) and anime fans need to learn japanese(I guess
) and stop being so "politicaly correct"

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
One Piece was listed by 4Kids Entertainment as Licensed by them. :/

4Kids Announces One Piece (2004-06-08 10:54:30)
4Kids Entertainment announced today that they have acquired the hit anime series One Piece for domestic distribution. Additionally, according to the latest press release, One Piece will air on the Fox Box this fall. Source: GATV

(it's on the front page of Anime news network)

What do you guys think? It's kind of sad.

Kaizoku Fansubs has been doing a pretty good job, even if they are ninety-seven episodes behind where it's airing in Japan.. :/

I'm sure the dub will be crappy, and make Luffy say things like..

"Defend yourself, foul Villain! Stretch stretch pistol attack!"

But, oh well. Yet another anime going to be sent to the slaughter-house.
No it's going to those butchers over at 4kids thats a other anime going to be killed by some thoughtless american no offence intended to american posters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are reasons those things get butchered. Some companies just want to make money...and if you have a company named "4kids" it's pretty obvious who they're going to be throwing their stuff at.

That's one of the reasons I got bent about DBZ and all the *****ing about the dub. As it stayed on the air longer it was cut much less for violence--so I take that to be a good sign that Funimation clipped it only to be able to get it on the air, since they kept more as they had more leeway (sp?).

I don't know a whole lot about anime, conversely speaking. Tell me a little about this 4kids company. What else have the done?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sheesh people go to a comic book store and buy one peice -_- Or by shonen jump lol. But yeah....... I never liked one peice

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
Sheesh people go to a comic book store and buy one peice -_- Or by shonen jump lol. But yeah....... I never liked one peice
If you actually bothered to read my post, as opposed to just assuming you knew what the hell we were talking about, you'd know I was talking about the ANIME, not the manga. ANIME. DUB. Which means CUT. Editted. Bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not that big of a deal

sure the aired show will suck but it being licenced means they get to make dvds

which means they wont be edited and will have jap voices and english subtitles if u wish

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but Kaizoku Fansubs was doing a great job. Their subs had personality.. especially how they dealt with attacks.

Plus, in my experience.. Professional subs tend to do a worse job than Fansubs, because fansubbers are doing it because they want to. They're not paid to do it.. No real deadline.

Especially Kaizoku Fansubs.

They only subbed up to 97, and there are 194 episodes aired so far. They sure took their sweet time, but it was worth it because of their quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom