secondary melee understanding

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i just have to ask this i was around during the 1.1 days so i was trained to especially use secondary melee but its what i mostly use and i get noobs and even good players constantly calling me a whore or a noob because i dont used advanced theyll also ask questions like, is that all you can do teleport and kick? i just have to know if this is poor sportsmanship or people actually think that secondary melee is a noobish way of fighting

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My advice: ignore it. If you don't want to use advanced melee, that's your choice :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very true. It is 100% your choice. But it just seems to me a lot of people are solely sticking to simple melee. As if they don't even want to try adv melee. Again, which is their choice. It just seems like what was even the point of poor Joe coding all that combo system stuff in when nobody uses it.

Just my two cents

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i use it a lot and i love it i think it is better than the old melee but i use boath

Best answers
I personally try to balance between when i use advanced or basic and not stick to one type and "whore" it, or so to speak. I have also seen an increase in the amount of people who use the basic style to kick a person around rather than use the advanced melee and would like to see less people do that IMO. I had to learn how to "bash", if that's what you wanna call it, in order to defend against it thus creating an ever-growing loophole. :\

Best answers
well i can c both arguments.......
and i have no problem with ppl that use one melee over that other.....my problem is when ppl get in that debate over witch melee is beter.....listen ppl

THERE EQUALL!!!!!!! DEAD EVEN........NO FREAKIN DIFFERENCE

there both used to do the same thing. the ppls that have been playing scens 1.1 will prolly use basic melee over avd. and new ppla will usually use avd. whats it matter.......
neither is noobish.

Best answers
I personaly use Basic just because it is faster. for example if im facing some1 who will just block every1 of my punches that i throw at themn and i also block all of theres then were getting no where and the only damadge that is being done is the prepunches and that is what 1 or 2 dmg in each hit? taht would take for ever to kill some1 with only prepunch dmg where as basic every hit is like 10 i think and so it takes like 10 hits to kill some1 and thats like 30 seconds to a min for me but with adv i might be able to pull of a combo if its a noob if not then i have to do those strong kicks witch arent a sure thing where basic it pretty much is a sure thing that ur gonna hit em.

well thats my 2 cents

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They'll be a lot more... "different" in 1.3, but for now, simple melee damage isn't even super high, just ignore them. Elitism is much worse in other half life mods, we just learn to deal with it. If people want to use only advanced melee and complain about simple that's too bad for them.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
They'll be a lot more... "different" in 1.3, but for now, simple melee damage isn't even super high, just ignore them. Elitism is much worse in other half life mods, we just learn to deal with it. If people want to use only advanced melee and complain about simple that's too bad for them.
to true

the advanced melee gives you a lot of difrent tactics but its easier to block
and simple melle you can be shure that youll take some HP away on a hit even if its blocked but you dont have as meny difrent variabilities as whit advanced

besides this is a game its suposed to be fun playing and not there so peuple argue wich melee is better :S

Best answers
yeah just forget people who are saying your a basic melee whore because if they only use advanced melee what are they :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom