ESF "altering"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(I don't mean altering, just can't think of the word to get ppl to understand)

Before I Start, I wasn't sure where to post this question so I posted it here. This is pretty much directed to the team, but if anyone else in the community know then please respond. But pleasedont reply saying how you "Think" they wouldnt like or such, only if you know. This would be an "optinal" download.

Ok, I was thinking when I was in suggeston section, Could there be anyway that individual add-ons can be made for ESF by fans? I'm not talking about models, sprites, sounds, ect.. I mean new game modes and such. I wanna make an "Arena Mode" but doubt ESF would take it in its own hands, since other preps are on their minds. So I thought maybe volunteers could help me with this. im not much of a coder, but i could try my part.

I'm not saying add it to the game for everyone, just the ones who choose to download it, like EVM, but different.

Basicly, my question is this: Would the ESF Team allow anyone to do this?

thanks for replies in advance. and please im not looking for neg. crits, if you think its a bad idea, then this add-on wouldn't be for you..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes that could be possible with AMXX, you know EVM ?
they edited the Team Fight/Free Fight and added NEW Dbs there.
So it should be possible to make an Gamemode too.

But i dunno about what the Team thinks, but if i would be the ESF owner i wouldnt like to see something happen to my Mod, but i still had no choice about let the peeps do what they wanna do. :talk:

But i would like to see your Arena Addon too, visit me (sig.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
but if i would be the ESF owner i wouldnt like to see something happen to my Mod
Exactly why I ask, more respect would go to someone who asks for permission than togo without it. I don't want to do anything without asking first. Its all still in idea phases, i need to make a Text of the outline of it.

Best answers
By arena mode what do you mean? If you touch the ground outside the arena you lose? like on the series tournaments? That would be cool for when you want to do 1vs1 fights! But that's about all I can say about it!

Best answers
If it was touch the ground it would be VERY stupid with throws. Basically, if someone got you near the beginning you would lose instantly. Maybe something like an enclosed arena and a winner stays on sort of tournament.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, nothing like throwing them to win.... Arena just 1 on 1's taking turns, like Unreal Tournament, loser goes to bottom of line in spec, and next player goes, repeats till a player reaches score limit.

I know this sounds very plain but im skipping on the details now, this thread isnt about the idea of it, more like if im allowed to. if you really want some detail E-mail me

Edit: Its been a while and not one ESF Staff member has given me a word about this, can I please have some form off answer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom