Narutobobo Piece

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cartoon Network has bought the rights to dub Naruto, One Piece and Bobobo for airing this year. Naruto will start in Autumn, One Piece in Summer and Bobobo in Winter. Erm, woo. I'm sure it'll be edited down to the bone but it's exciting stuff nonetheless.

Source: http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?articleID=588&document=4

EDIT: Oh crap, there's already a thread about Naruto. Sorry. I suck :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though I don't tend to follow these shows, I did notice that One Piece is already on Fox as part of the Saturday morning lineup (focused, pretty much, at kids). I never saw the original, so I'm not entirely sure how much it has been edited, but for the few minutes I sat to watch the One Piece episode that was on last week, it seemed pretty tame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah One Piece is fairly harmless, and Naruto only really has mild violence (Kunai through the hand aside), but Bobobo is completley random because it has a lot of Japanese cultural jokes that I don't think a western audience would get unless they changed the joke completley, like DBZ did with H.F.I.L and HELL.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes.. Naruto only has mild violence. Besides making people explode with blood, crushed by sand, stabbed through the chest with a sword, self-inflicted biting, spreading the blood around your hands to do techniques, characters that cry out for more blood, being impaled with arrows, stabbing yourself with kunai..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's mild compared to a lot of anime that uses excessive violence.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well sure, suicide, blood flying everywhere, etc, is "mild" compared to someone molesting a boar corpse, but why go there? As for "mainstream anime," Naruto is more violent than most, and therefore it's 'flawed' to describe its' violence level as being mild.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think people need to start arguements about if a show is or isnt mild with violence

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes.. Naruto only has mild violence. Besides making people explode with blood, crushed by sand, stabbed through the chest with a sword, self-inflicted biting, spreading the blood around your hands to do techniques, characters that cry out for more blood, being impaled with arrows, stabbing yourself with kunai..
Don't forget the chidori to impales someones heart... and let then the victim cough up his own blood/mushy heart...

But that is what i like about naruto, not that i'm a blood freak, but just that, if they go censor naruto so there is no blood anymore and all that stuff.. you only got like 25 episodes left....

or allot of short ones, coz just think of jiraiya (sp?) and his pervert things, I think its funny but kids and especially parents might go mad on things like that, or like the sexy ninjutsu (sp?).... you don't see all the asecories of the girl/naruto, but it can give kids idea's...

If they gonna cut that all out, naruto is just gonna suck, In my opinion offcourse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They'll probably do what FUNimation did and have dubbed edit and dubbed uncut, release both on DVD and put the appropriate one on TV depending on which time slot it gets. Then again, if Pioneer do it then it's doomed, they ruined what they dubbed for DBZ.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
one piece is very good but fox completely killed that show.
Yea....And One Piece was actually quite violent from what I remember.

Best answers
Naruto - I heard that they are taking out the sexy no jutsu...which means about 30% of the episodes will make no sense whatsoever....because people will get random nosebleeds..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom