Best answers
Gues i'll have to find a new mod.

I ain't gonna pay for a mod, never.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
can't blame him since he's probably getting a decent check from valve.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That means im gonna download the Last Free Version of GMOD soon.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
It is only $10. Less than an issue of most magazines. What bothers me is it will be hard to buy if you don't have paypal, credit, etc.

CB

Best answers
that's horrible to bad that mod was very awesome manipulting diferent objects persons etc :smile:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought it was a pretty lame mod anyway. I wouldn't get it even if they offered me ten dollars, heh.

Still bull****, It's not even really enough for me to consider it a mod. It's just...some dumb toy.

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
SSFT said:
What bothers me is it will be hard to buy if you don't have paypal, credit, etc.
Steam doesn't accept paypal.

L

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The idea came from JBmod anyways =\
Garry just kept on working on his mod while JB played WoW.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Mods should stay free. Theres no way I'm paying for this.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed. It's good, but it's not good enough to get into my wallet (or pants >_o).

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
The idea came from JBmod anyways =\
Garry just kept on working on his mod while JB played WoW.
Garry mod started first before JB Mod because Garry owns like that.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Garry said when he first started that he would never charge for his mod. He lied to us all.

On a side note, wasn't Paypal discussed to be implemented in steam in the future?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole bottom line is once again Valve Software has found a way to take your money without actually doing anything at all.

Props to Gabe '$cumbag' Newell for that. This time it's not even a game--it's a damn puppet show, heh.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys seriously need to tone down the whining. It's ten freaking dollars. Nobody flies off the handle at having to pay $5 for Force Pit access, which is just early 1.3 information, whereas Gmod is the most popular mod on the internet. Garry's put in a lot of time and work into it, even winning Mod of the Year. $10 for that isn't a curse, it's just free mods are a blessing taken for granted.

You've had 9 free releases and countless free updates, which you can still play even when the monopolised version's out. Fileplanet...heck even ESF-World charge for a 'premium' service where you get more when you pay, the same logic applies here.

Best answers
I would have cared if there was anyone (at least 1 (one) living soul) that had the knowledge and talent to set up a decent scene.. 99.999% of the GMod sets look like crap, fail at humor and totally look unrealistic (while the source engine is capable of producing realistic looking images)..

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind paying ten dollars for a game. This...isn't a game. And it's probably made from simple physics debugging software that completely unprofessional valve left attached to the game's source code or something.

This does not take talent. This takes like, set_gravity 0, set_jointlock 0, set_physics 0. THIS IS NOT WORTH EVEN ONE DOLLAR.

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Props to Gabe '$cumbag' Newell for that. This time it's not even a game--it's a damn puppet show, heh.
Wow how about acting like an adult and not calling people childish names?

VALVe has been talks with Garry since it was first released, its different than other mods, much like CS and DoD for their time. VALVe decided to give Garry a free Source engine license and do what he wanted with it, $10 isn't breaking anyones bank, heck doesn't to me and I'm unemployed right now.

Too many people have been complaining about this on EVERY single forum. They think all mods will start selling, which is horribly wrong. Unless you have a license to the engine you aren't selling it at all. Oh and Garry's mod won't be considered a mod anymore since now he can start changing more things than previously in the SDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom