10/27/07 Eternal Rage Halloween Event: In the Wake

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normally I refrain from saying anything about my personal project in ESF's areas. However, this game would benefit from more players, and if it does well, I'll make it a yearly event.

In the Wake will be a one shot d20 derived RPG played over IRC with a Team Speak server supplied by my gaming squad.

The premise is simple. You will have one 1st level character. This character will be a d20 modern character using eternal rage rules for energy pools. You will not have anything more hardcore than weekend warrior or local beat cop status, and if you are either of these you will not be on duty when the event occurs. Weapons and supplies will be limited to realistic numbers. The location will be real, you will be able to use Google maps to see the city streets. Though I am witholding the name of the municipality until game time, so deal with it. The city population is roughly 50,000.
Your goal will be to survive and possibly escape the city, though both are unlikely. Once you are dead or turned, you are done playing, though I will allow turned characters to play out combat immediately after their turning.

A sign up thread will be made available on Critical Strike Press' website (It is Here. Anyone is welcome to play, and it will be an all day game. Start and End times will be nailed down as soon as I know who's playing so I can get a nice time for all involved. Breaks for food and what not will be allowed by having your character barricade themselves and declaring your break time.

Anyone interested?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sign me up!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wait, I don't get it. This is like LARPing but on IRC? Can you elaborate?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, I don't get it. This is like LARPing but on IRC? Can you elaborate?
Naw, this is less nerdy than that. It's pen and paper RPing. d20 Modern is basically the same thing as dungeons and dragons except set in a modern time period instead

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Essentially we will be typing out the game over IRC. It's not quiet the same as LARP, but if you've done table top pen and paper RPGs there is essentially no difference.

It seems like the 27th is a problem for lots of people, so I may push it back one weekend.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd

For those who are interested. It seems like a lot, but really you'll get as you play. For help with character creation and questions and such, just join #eternalrage on irc.gamesurge.net and one of us there is likely to answer questions, help out with that, etc...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do I get the feeling that while this will likely be fun, it'll still be "Cucenstein's Impossible Halloween Dungeon Crawl"? :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Neg!

There will be very little crawling dungeon. Instead it will be a classic horror movie ordeal. Find a place to hole up and fight, find some weapons, think your way through your problems or die. Really that simple.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since the forum **** storm seems to have abated, I'm going to use the nary used and very bad double post bump. If anyone is interested, there is ample time to sign up on Critical Strike Press' forum. Link to sign up thread posted above.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as long as you make it a euro-friendly time, i'm in.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an all day event, I'll probably start it around 12PM GMT -5:00 give or take, and run it until the wee hours of the morning or when everyone is dead.

It's this saturday, so get your game hat on. If you show up late lee, that would be fine. I believe that start time is 7 AM for you, I'll take late comers, and as I've said, breaks are allowed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
problem is i won't be home from work until about 8pm :(

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is 3pm my time, and only three hours after start

Should be fine to jump in by then.

Users who are viewing this thread