• #1 USC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #2 Texas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who do you think will win?

Personally, I think that it will be a close game, but I think that USC will edge out Texas.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GO LONG HORNS!! W00t W00t

Not only am I a Giants fan.. Im a LONGHORN FAN!!!

1245562-0

yeah, thats right. Vince young will own em all

Its kinda hard though, I like Reggie Bush.

I saw him a couple weeks ago when he came to NY for the Heisman presentation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
GO LONG HORNS!! W00t W00t

Not only am I a Giants fan.. Im a LONGHORN FAN!!!

1245562-0

yeah, thats right. Vince young will own em all
Reggie Bush and Matt Matt Leinart are one hell of a "one-two punch." :p Either way, it's going to be a game to watch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's turning out to be a wonderfull game :)

Best answers
From what I saw, that last touchdown was clearly out of bounds. Not only did the football not land in bounds, but the first part of his body also landed out of bounds. I'm not a college football fan nor am I aware of the college rules but it sounds odd to me that was ruled as a touchdown.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ball only has to break the plane he can be mid air and land out of bands and it still count as long as the football breaks the goalline plane.

Best answers
That's kind of how I thought it was. But thats like saying Superman could grab the ball and fly past the goaline out of the football field and it would be a touchdown. Pretty crappy rule if you ask me...

Intense game though :O

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
That's kind of how I thought it was. But thats like saying Superman could grab the ball and fly past the goaline out of the football field and it would be a touchdown. Pretty crappy rule if you ask me...

Intense game though :O
Tassadar, I hate to be the one who tells you this, but... well, hrmm... Superman... isn't real, sorry bro.

Anyways, the rule makes sense, if the ball crosses the plane of the endzone, it is a touchdown. In the Fiesta bowl on monday night, there was a close play where none of the player's body actually went into the endzone, but literally, a millimetre of the ball actually crossed the plane before the player was pulled back and tackled, and it was ruled a touchdown. Just the way the game is.

I've only been watching highlights, but it was definately an excellent game.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best football game I've ever seen.

Vince should've got the Heisman imo.

Best answers
Tassadar, I hate to be the one who tells you this, but... well, hrmm... Superman... isn't real, sorry bro.
LIES! LIES AND SLANDER!

But seriously... it just seems odd to me. Because it leaves a lot more room for guessing. That's not how it is in the NFL is it?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
LIES! LIES AND SLANDER!

But seriously... it just seems odd to me. Because it leaves a lot more room for guessing. That's not how it is in the NFL is it?
Well, on the play I mentioned, it went to the review booth, where they watch the instant replay slowed down from a bazillion angles, and it has to be conclusive.

Best answers
He can't catch the ball OUT of bounds, though. And you have to maintain control of the ball once you get out.

The first football game I ever watched because I liked the game -- meaning when I Started playing, and not when I was young and it was just another thing clogging up the cartoon schedule -- had an instance like what Opty says. The guy caught it in midair JUST reaching the end of the back of the end zone, and while he jumped and grabbed it, the defender had him pushed out, midair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom