Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dr.Gero-20 said:
CS: Source becuz of the graphics and cuz its more challengeing imo.
Gamepaly before gfx my friend, gameplay before gfx. You'll also find a majority sticking to 1.6 due to source not being able to run on there hardware (some users are still using older hardware).

Better gfx= lag. Something that would be frowned upon if you have a crap gfx card, not much memory, a crap cpu or a crap pc overall.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think I like Source better now... since all the elite players still play 1.6, the average skill in pubs in WAY down lol

I mean, why was I able to run into cs_office, get 6 PUMP shotty kills, AND rescue all 4 hostages? Kids are horrible nowadays... it's great lol... I think I'm gonna start a Mac10/TMP-only clan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The M3 is so good heh, seems to me like you're underestimating it a bit... and you really can't base the entire skill level on one, probably lucky, round or two. And I'm sure you know that.

Best answers
Kurt said:
I think I like Source better now... since all the elite players still play 1.6, the average skill in pubs in WAY down lol

I mean, why was I able to run into cs_office, get 6 PUMP shotty kills, AND rescue all 4 hostages? Kids are horrible nowadays... it's great lol... I think I'm gonna start a Mac10/TMP-only clan
A. I use the pump and mac 10 in 1.6 all the time as seriouse guns, heck sometimes i do better with pump than i do with other guns.

B. Office is an amazingly good map for the pump, lots of close quarters and corners.

Better gfx= lag. Something that would be frowned upon if you have a crap gfx card, not much memory, a crap cpu or a crap pc overall.
this is probably only me, but source runs better on my computer than 1.6, its very wierd dbut my FPS is better.

Best answers
Kurt said:
I mean, why was I able to run into cs_office, get 6 PUMP shotty kills, AND rescue all 4 hostages?
Because it's a good gun... Now unless you had all 6 of these guys firing at you, then you're saying something (either about your skill, or their lack of). But if you have no more than 2 people (3, if you're good) with auto rifles, there's nothing to really brag about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't say bad things about shottys, the Leone Auto is my weapon of choice as long as the map has a close-range area.

Best answers
I'd say most decent players have a good chance of getting 6 kills, maybe more. But it all depends on one thing.
Were they all in the same spot, all shooting at you? (like Wolf Devil said)

I really love going around do a lot of 1v1s per round, it's easier to rack up kills

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CS 1.6 and CSS on a deathmatch server are fun as hell.

I like CSS better because i've gotten quite used to it. But 1.6 is still pretty fun and it's a little bit more challenging of course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went out and got CS:S... its good, but I think I still like 1.6 better.

Some things are fairly rediculous in CS:S, like strafing accuracy. People will strafe around a corner and kill you with a rifle in mid run at mid to long range. Then theres the peakaboo strafe, just popping out and shooting, then popping back. People do this to kill from long range. Maybe this just wasnt as noticable in 1.6, but people can also shoot from their foreheads in CS:S (or maybe its just the maps). On that note, wheres my beloved cs_assault_upc? I tried the new cs_assault, but I found it changed and riddled with skywalkers. Someone mentioned something about it being a glitch, but I didnt stick around to hear about it. There are many fewer custom maps as well. Making maps for Source is probably a slight bit more complex than doing so for 1.6, so we probably wont get to see as many maps as 1.6 had. Much improved however are the FBs and nades. No more nade spamming through walls. I also like the ease of decal import. No mucking about with weird programs, and It actually shows you what your custom sig looks like.

No complaints about the AWP, though. I have a nice little list of AWPless servers.

Dr.G... how is a multiplayer game more challenging than another multiplayer game? Youre fighting the same people either way.

Im still ticked about having buy DoD, not that Im able to w/o a credit card. Are the maps any better in the sauce version? I remember the HL version had Avalanche, which was an awesome map, but the rest seemed poor compared to it.

Well, thats enough ranting for one night, Im exhausted. My english teacher used to tell me about flow in writing... and glancing over this post, its something this post lacks.

Best answers
I like both of them. But if I were playing a tournament, I would choose 1.6, I love a fast game and 1.6 has that. But if I were just goofing around enjoying the scenery arts etc. then I would play source. With 1.6, you got your FPS to the MAX and with source, honestly, I bet most the guys including that own this would experience bad frame rates and lots of lag playing online, gameplay would suck so bad you would actually loose your skill, damn! Overall I like 1.6 better, when playing one shooter game, graphics doesn't really count, its your skill, and if you're good at it, then it surpasses any joy that you can't have in any high-end games. The only thing I hated the most out of Source is the old style menu not included, you could just imagine of so many years of playing and you have to change configurations, soooooo BAD tsk tsk Bad Bad Valve or whatever they call it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I played 1.6 a long time ago, I had 30 fps for the majority of my career (elite P3 with integrated 32mb gfx card FTW). But I was good and I did well. It was a fun game. Playing CS:S on a newer computer I get about 60-80 fps, I do a little better than I did before, but really, I didn't become superman or anything.

Obviously if your framerate is unbearable (whatever that definition may be for you), don't buy CS:S. I would never play a pretty game I can barely run just because it's pretty. But CS:S doesn't have worse gameplay just because your comp can't handle it. The gameplay, IMO, is just about the same, maybe made easier by what players exist who are running the game at levels that drop their FPS enough to give them a disadvantage. But really, not EVERYONE who plays 1.6 is running around with 100 fps either.

Again I disagree with the claims that people use more far-fetched tactics that somehow work in CS:S that work less in 1.6 or something. Luck is just luck, and while obviously the game -feels- different at times because of the visuals, it just really ISN'T very different at all. If you have the specs, buy it and play it. You won't regret it. At the very least, HL2 and the mods coming with it are DEFINITELY worth the buy even if you hate CS:S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom