Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sauce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Surely the AWP gets ripped into just as much, if not more? It's much easier to kill someone with a shield than someone who shoots you across the map through a crate which kills you with one shot. They should've removed that instead.
Whats wrong with getting shot in the foot through a wall and dying? Oh... right, the cheapness.

The day they nerf that gun in sauce is the day I finally go out and buy HL2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.6, h4x =D. I only bother to play source now since all of my other budies got hooekd into it. They left me with no choice but to play source :*(, but I still prefer 1.5/6 over Source, even though I suck at 1.5.6 now :*(.

Best answers
source for whatever reason actually runs better on my computer than 1.6(i have NO clue why this is). Anyway source is far superior in pretty much every way, i play 1.6 only because most of my friends don't have source(and theres no WC3 mod for source yet, can't wait till someone does something like that).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.6, h4x =D. I only bother to play source now since all of my other budies got hooekd into it. They left me with no choice but to play source :*(, but I still prefer 1.5/6 over Source, even though I suck at 1.5.6 now :*(.
h4x... is that a clan name? Im asking because I was just in a game with a guy called -=h4x=- Wal-Mart Security. Coincidence, or no?

I hadnt played CS in the better part of a year... everyone says "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" now.

Best answers
Sub said:
1.6. Gameplay comes before graphics.
theres barely any difference at all, i've played CS since before valve picked it up so its not like i'm inexperienced with the game. The big differences is shooting through walls(which is good, you shouldn't be able to shoot thorugh several feet of concrete). Nades(also good, OMG my grenades actually have mass now). and graphics(obviously better no question). The only problem i have with source is the shooting behind people thing, i have noticed that. I find it just as hard/easy to headshot people with the M4 and AK and i find it harder with the para. I use the exact same tactics i did well with in 1.6 and i still do well in source.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I choose Source.

I agree with Sonic in that, IMO, most of the "differences" people end up perceiving between Source's gameplay and 1.6's gameplay are completely psychosomatic. They're really NOT that different at all. Newbs do not gain an advantage, spray does not work twice as effectively, etc. etc. If you ask me it's BS.

The AWP is as old as time itself, and people have been crying about it just as long. And no, you cannot die from an awp shot to the foot, through a box. In fact you can't even die from an awp shot through a box, to the chest, if you're at 100 health. They are the railgun of this game though, it's true, but nobody is invincible. Smokes, flashes, or even just close quarters, it all gives you a chance.

DJ said:
I'm tired of this same freaking same thing. It's still Counter-Strike IMO. They need to come up with new weapons, new game plays, a new theme. I would play counter-strike source more if they put the VIP maps there too.
Maybe 5 years ago... Sadly, that'll never happen because the game is so defined now, it can't be revamped. The CS playerbase, even compared to other playerbases, can't STAND change and whines about updates more than any other community. Any change to game dynamic leads to public outcry. Putting in something that changes gameplay in any way like say, a vehicle on some maps, or thermal goggles, would make people go nuts.

Best answers
I choose source for this reason........

"Sniper rifles that are in the process of zooming in don't get the zoomed-in accuracy bonus"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess everyone can chalk it up to their own personal experiences but I've noticed a great many differences between 1.6 and Source. Now the develepors deny the existance of some of these, but it's fairly obvious they are there.

Movement --
1.6 : It seems unrestricted save for jumping.
Source : It seems like you have to shift your weight around when you change directions sometimes.Realism

Recoil --
The developers deny any difference with recoil but I think we all know it's there.
1.6 : Spray is not too effective at long and medium ranges. Burst shots are your best bet.
Source : Say what you will, I can pop a guy in the face at long range consistently with spray, while in motion. It just gets ridiculous sometimes.Doesn't happen to me

Hitboxes --
1.6 : Hitboxes came a tad off the model. Possible to get a headshot when you were aiming slightly above the head.
Source : Seemed that the hitboxes lagged behind the player. Shooting behind where he is would score you a kill (helps with the spray argument).Maybe that player was lagging? I can only kill a moving person if I shoot in front of him

Weapon delays --
1.6 : Slight pause before you can fire, nothing so bad that it will get you killed.
Source : A slightly longer pause it would seem most of the time. Can get you killed in the middle of an intense firefight.I agree there is a slight pause.

Grenades --
1.6 : No mass to the grenades, they fly around easily and are easily seen due to a very visible size. Can bounce them around corners pretty far. Flashbangs only blind, no hearing loss. HE grenades cause damage through walls, no hearing loss. Smoke grenades are fairly easy to see through.
Source : They seem heavier and fly on a lower angle. Are far smaller and harder to spot. In fact you can even damage a person by throwing a grenade at them. Harder to throw grenades off of walls. Flashbangs and HE grenades cause hearing loss. HE grenades no longer damage through walls. Smoke grenades are very hard to see through.Realism again, HE grenades and Flashbangs cause hearing loss, and a HE grenade isn't supposed to damage you trough a wall, alot better than the original

Animations --
1.6 : Basic animations for what have you, decent enough. Player models seem to be standing upright. A nice kill animation if you get shot with something powerfull (fly back) or a headshot (fall backward).
Source : Basic animations are just as nice. Player models seem to be hunchbacked. Ragdoll is a definite plus most of the time. Headshots no longer make the player fall backward, powerfull shots no longer push the player back.Agree

Environment --
1.6 : Save for planting the bomb or breaking glass, nothing really going on here.
Source : Canisters, picture frames, computers, planks, etc etc. Very nice interactive environment.Agree

Walling --
1.6 : Can shoot through various walls and objects. An advanced tactic used when you know where someone is but don't have a line of sight.
Source : Bullets no longer travel through anything except a few select things. Not very usefull at all.You can actually shoot trough walls if I am correct, but only trough the corners of a wall, not sure about wooden doors, should test that sometime.

Obviously I'm not going to compare graphics because that's what Source is all about. Weapons, maps and models are also moot due to Source having (or going to have) all the same.

Source has a lot of good points, but it also has some bad. Overall gameplay I would say 1.6 still has it over Source. Patches will come, Source will get better and then it will overtake 1.6, but not as it stands now.
So I kinda like Source more, I have played some 1.6 but never really liked it. However I do like Source. Maybe because I am better at it, better graphics always make me play better for some odd reason.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Sonic on a lot of the things he said. Everytime I play the game, it's different, exactly the way it was when i played 1.6. You can't just spray and get headshots from a long distance, that's just horse poop. If you say that, then you may have played source once or twice and gotten lucky, but you'll never do that consistently. Source is very similar to 1.6, except that it looks much better, and that most of the old exploits are gone. I love it, and mind you, I've been playing Counter-strike for around 4-5 years now. So this is coming from someone who loved, and still loves 1.6 as well. Both games are great, but overall I lean towards source.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Surely the AWP gets ripped into just as much, if not more? It's much easier to kill someone with a shield than someone who shoots you across the map through a crate which kills you with one shot. They should've removed that instead.
AWP is expensive and pretty easy to beat.

Get a few flashbangs and an AK47, you will get a long way.

AWP is also not handy in close combat maps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guess what... they just nerfed the AWP hardcore. Outcry is immense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, Hitokiri, ruin my tomorrow by making my day. Now Ive got to go shopping, and I hate shopping. But, since its to get HL2, Ill get over it.

How big of a nerf is it exactly? Like, should I expect to see yellow foam arrows flying around, or will it just remove some of the lameness of the thing? Details, man!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me, the question of 1.6 vs cs:s is irrelevant.

Why isn't condition zero included in this argument?

For me, condition zero is simply the best Counterstrike game in existence =P

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like them to put the shield in source in an update or something. It's something that differs from 1.6. One thing that sets source apart from 1.6 aswell as you may notice is that the default cl_speeds are different (400 in source & 800 in 1.6, both via default).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In source only, they eliminated a technique called "quickscoping" (it works in 1.6 too) that basically allows good awpers to shoot very fast (for an awp) very accurately, particularly useful at close range. It doesn't work anymore. You have to get all the way into scope. It's probably not exactly what you wanted but it's a fairly big blow to their effectiveness. AWPers are crying.

Best answers
depends wat kind of sauce your talken about, but no i don't currently put any sauce on my cs1.6

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Bunch of poppy****. Anything uncomfortable can affect your interpretation of gameplay for the worse regardless of whether or not anything changed. Playing with a silencer makes me more accurate even though technically the silencer reduces accuracy for single rounds. How the hell does that work? It just feels better because I hate the non silenced firing noise, it distracts me and I feel less accurate.

The models are not identical so I could understand hitboxes not being identical, but spray long range I can't understand. Try shooting at somebody long range with a fully automatic anything in source and follow the bullet trail. If you jump in a game and get two lucky headshots that doesn't mean the guns have no recoil, it means you got two lucky headshots.

The two versions feel very different because they look and sound different. The animations, the maps, the models, are all the same, but different enough that you can become uncomfortable moving from one to the other. The engine jump is hugely noticeable, and even if everything was perfectly identical, including recoil, people wouldn't be able to tell because it feels different. Some days I get headshots right and left with the AK and some days I shoot like crap, depending on my mood, what's on my mind, and how much I've played that day so far; that doesn't mean the game is different every time I play, it means I am, and I think people have trouble making that distinction.

P.S.- Some of those comments are outdated, such as shooting through walls. I've seen plenty of it, mostly on newer maps.

Agreed. For example, whenever I play 1.6 with colt/ak, I'll feel terrible when shooting at someone and I can't kill them within 3-6 bullets. It's because everytime I miss, I watch my crosshair move off their body, and I bring it back to try to kill the person. This is usually when I die.
I also have a mental state where a headshot feels extremely good to me. For example, just today I was playing some 1.6. If I shoot someone about neck level, my first or second bullet will hit them in the head and kill them. When this happens, I feel like (feel, not is) there was almost no recoil on my gun, and it feels... right? Good? Can't describe the feeling.
When someone is running by me and I spray 5 or so bullets following their head trail, if I get a lucky headshot it feels great.

When I first played Source, I was blown away. Wow, what an improvement from 1.6! So I stated playing right away. It felt much different, and as such, it played differently to me. However, in 3 days I got recruited by a nice clan and I can still hold a decent level of skill in 1.6.

Final Comments?: It's how you feel, although Source is undoubtedly different from 1.6

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1761417635212318967&q=counter+strike+hitbox
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6261258087922234452&q=counter+strike+hitbox

Interesting, but I believe these have been patched?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom