1.3 Stamina Concept

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
OK I understand the team hasnt added in the 1.3 stamina yet, or is the game final, but here is a concept the team can think about =).
I know some tele lovers may kill me for this but here goes.

I think teleporting SHOULDNT have a delay, but instead should have a stamina limit.Teleporting should drain the stamina. If you teleport 2 times back to back, you'll only have 10% stamina left.
Here is the catch.
Stamina lost by teleporting comes back fairly quickly. So if i teleport twice, while fighting my stamina should refill almost back to where it was in a period of 5 to 8 seconds.

If you ascend you gain half of the stamina required to teleport and add it to your full stamina bar. This allows you to teleport more often then the previous form. This makes most of the fighting happen with swooping, drifting, and boosting. Shifting most of the fighting to swooping increases the need for blocking. Players will find that blocking will be needed during certain situations. This also makes teleports more of a suprise, catching the enemy off gaurd. (strategic use of teleporting)

Also i found in 1.2 that noobs dont complain how good i am or leave when i swoop only, I believe this is because they have a far better chance to see whats actually happening.

As for the speed of 1.3 im seriously seriously have 2nd doubts about it.. ide like to see what esf 1.3 would be like if the dashes were the same speed of 1.2 swoop, and the boosting would be as fast and the players "ascended dash". So if i was goku my dashes would be as fast as in 1.2, and my Swoop boost would be as fast as my dash in ssj form. If i was ssj goku my boost would be as fast as my dash in ssj2 form,ect.

I hope stamina doesn't greatly affect the swoop either, but it should leed to what is typed below. And I've come up with a way to eliminate block spam.

I think blocking should take a chunk of stamina away. WIth a full stamina bar you should only be able to block 5 to 8 times.
Here is the catch. I think if you block you should still be knocked back, but the range should be alittle further so if your enemy wants to hit you after the block he'd have to teleswoop to do so.

Ive also come up with a way to make the ground usefull..

I believe stamina should be recharged almost @ the speed of the ki recharge when standing on the ground.
And i also believe their should be some ground moves other then jumping.(i also think the jumping should be changed to the idea in "dark's thread for jumping")

An thats all i could come up with for now..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
teleporting should be free, how it is currently but i think with a little less of a stamina drain

as for the speed. speed is what made 1.1 a great version and popular, it made it alot harder to learn and master. keep in mind that every noob complained back then but they still loved it.

i see what your going for but certain actions need to be free'd up or they are just useless. alot of people hated 1.2 just because of the teleport delay.

btw, jinx it would be cool if you organized your thread up a little. i was having trouble reading it. create sections and paragraphs.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx you sould really read the desing docks is in my sig maybe you will lear about how the stamina will work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
teleporting should be free, how it is currently but i think with a little less of a stamina drain

as for the speed. speed is what made 1.1 a great version and popular, it made it alot harder to learn and master. keep in mind that every noob complained back then but they still loved it.

i see what your going for but certain actions need to be free'd up or they are just useless. alot of people hated 1.2 just because of the teleport delay.

btw, jinx it would be cool if you organized your thread up a little. i was having trouble reading it. create sections and paragraphs.
stamina drain = intervals between each tele.. so if you press tele in .05 secs or so it'll drain quickly.. but if it's at 1 sec each tele there's barely any drain

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ya kong got the idea..

here is a bit of a better explination..

If i press tele 2 times as fast as possible the stamina bar will reach 10% and the stamina will begin refilling fairly fast..

If i press teleport 1 time it will being to refill fairly fast

pressing it once every 3 to 4 seconds, the telports barely affects the stamina because of the recharge speed after teleporting..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kong was just explaining how the system currently works i believe...

but what veers me away from this is your taking away the impressive combo's that made the pre-1.2 versions great. in my opinion teleporting should take a set ammount of stamina, like 10 per tele, and the ki cost be alot shorter. cause in reality what a teleport is is a quick 5 foot dash to a certain point, not an ACTUAL teleport where you disappear and reappear. which is why you can cut someones teleport off by moving in front of them.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Oh cool..

well Does anyone have any thoughts on the "blocking" and "stamina recharge" idea cuz thats the real highlight of this post =p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd just like to make you aware, there is no teleport delay, and hopefully once all transformations are done, teleport delay (the time difference between using stamina and not) will be reduced with transform level.

I do believe however that it should take away just a bit less stamina, maybe about 30% less.

About the blocking, there were ment to be plans to have block move the blocker back a bit, i dunno about stamina drain though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ive also come up with a way to make the ground usefull..
Maybe a function which you would add to 3rd mouse button (or 4th or 5th for the game addict gamermouse owners like me)
Like rightmouse now is but instead of hitting someone you hit them down, to the ground
is the swim/fly down button enabled for swooping? (to swoop down liek you do with the jump button)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom