1.3 Improvements

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here are possiblities for 1.3

1) Fixing Esf Speeds:
I think 1.3's speeds should be reduced down to match 1.2's speeds. Along with this change should be a New Speed System for 1.3. This new speed system could increase the speed of fighters as they give/take dmg. Meaning the more fighting you do in a short period of time the faster you get, thus the more intense a fight can become. And the players who like to run or wish to take a break from the fighting will step back and their speed will gradually slow down making it abit harder to interfere again.

2) How to fix the swoop:
I think 1.3's swoop should be changed back to 1.2's swooping methods, except with a few adjustments. I think when Turbo is off swooping should be just like 1.2, but when turbo is on if you press 1 direction you dash without a double tap. And the boost works just like it does now.

3)Basic-Melee head-on:
When 2 players head-on with basic melee, both players should be knocked back a very short distance, and both players should lose the same amount of hp/stamina. After recoverying from a head-on both players have a slight "Dizziness" that gradually decreases over a period of 10 seconds.
This "Dizziness" causes the aimer to slowly move without the mouses help, making it slightly harder to aim.
If the players were to head on again before the 10 seconds ran out, the dizziness would worsen, and 10 more seconds would be added to the dizziness time left. If the players managed 3 basic melee head-ons. Both players would fall from the sky drained of stamina.
During this 10 to 16 second period of drained stamina, players cannot fly so they are limited to running/sprinting/jumping/leeping/melee. The controls work just like in 1.2, hold a direction to run, and double tap and hold any direction to sprint. Sprinting should be 65% the speed of swoop. To leap, begin sprinting then jump while looking in the direction you wish to go, and to engage melee you must be sprinting.

EDIT::
4)New Turbo:
I think turbo shouldn't be an instant thing for 1.2, it should be something you powerup to get. Meaning, after powering up for 3 to 5 seconds your ki bar could glow signaling to the player that they can turn tubo on. This way the new dashing swoop is a new feature like the boost.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bit about basic melee head-on sounds pretty cool to me.

Best answers
1 & 2: 1.3 is still being tweaked and tested. Just let them get it balanced and it'll be fine. Also, I like the dashing :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Welp the dashing is still their, but you have to have turbo on to do it ^^.

With turbo off things would be just like they were in 1.2. That way instead of taking away from esf Movements they'de be adding movements ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The other parts I don't care about, but a huge "NO" to the head-on part.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Perhaps you'd like to post something meaningfull? Like a crit ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fine. That is the dumbest ****ing idea I've ever read. I don't want to crash into some guy and have my screen shaking all over the goddamn place because someone took that dumbass idea seriously.

"BUT THEY HIT EACH OTHER HEAD ON!!!"

So the **** what? If I hit someone with simple melee, their screen doesn't go crazy, and if I get hit, my screen doesn't go crazy. Why would it shake because we punched each other at the same time?

Then, to make it even worse, we lose all of our stamina and have to run around like idiots, because we hit each other at the same time. 10 seconds of dizzy bull****, and 10-16 seconds of running around. No.

No, Jinx. No. Normally I'd try to make a post a little less offensive, but that idea is horrible.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think your blowing the Scale of the mouse movement Way out of proportions..

Every played Dod?? Use the sniper rifle on dod and you'll see what i mean by the aimer moving without the mouses help..

as of "Dizziness" i mean a slight blur that makes it a bit harder to aim

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now try shooting your sniper rifle when that effect is present for let's say 6 of the 10 seconds. It isn't needed, it hurts both players, and it slows down the speed of the game since most people aren't going to just fly back into battle.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Like i said.. you should go tryout the sniper rifle on dod.. because the effect on it is Always present..

To help you understand.. a Person doesn't hold a sniper rifle Perfectly still, They Do breathe, thus moving the aimer in a steady awkward motion

Best answers
I think people need to consider how their Ideas affect gameplay, rather than just suggesting something that "Is awesum".

As for the whole sniper rifle aspect, from my vast 19 years of experience as a human being, I'm pretty sure I can hold my head still when I'm looking at something, without drifting around and shaking..

I'll conduct a test shortly to see if this happens after I punch someone at the same time they punch me.

If it does happen..I dont care, I dont like your Idea.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think people need to consider how their Ideas affect gameplay, rather than just suggesting something that "Is awesum".

As for the whole sniper rifle aspect, from my vast 19 years of experience as a human being, I'm pretty sure I can hold my head still when I'm looking at something, without drifting around and shaking..

I'll conduct a test shortly to see if this happens after I punch someone at the same time they punch me.

well even if you think that your sniper will still move only monted on the ground the snaper can't go off set , You can't shot whitout the croshair going side waysbut I don't see a sniper in ESF so what does this has to do whit ESF

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix has been banned for constant problems.

Anyways the head on thing would be interesting but I bet it would get annoying after a while.
The other suggestions I don't really have a comment for at the moment.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

You may not like the idea, but like you said " Consider the Gameplay aspects".

Keep in mind these characters are "Saiyajins", who fly faster then any vehicle the human race has created(including jets). Imagine 2 jets colliding head-on, are you telling me the pilots won't at least get a head-ache if not die.

As for gameplay, once again i cant express enough of the need for someone to Play day of defeat and use the sniper rifle. Its not like the mouse moves from the center of the screen to the top left corner of the screen. It's as if the crosshair ***steadily*** moves from left to right while moving up and down. Even with this motion it's not too difficult to aim.

When thinking about this idea keep this concept in mind. "Emerge the gamer into the gaming experience"

Best answers
Whats the point on adding an extra layer of "immersion" if the player finds it annoying?

Giving real world examples isnt exactly Ideal, considering this game is based off an anime...

This would be more relevant if Esf was a fps, but it isnt..its from a third-person perspective, and all this addition does is slow down gameplay and cause frustration.

Esf isnt about realism.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
=| what's so annoying about it? and how often do the same 2 people head-on 3 times in a row... with basic melee =| Especially in pubs.. Even in 1v1's i havent seen 3 headons in a row happen much, and if this was somehow implimented i think it would add a new level of fighting to the game.

Best answers
A blurry screen and a wandering crosshair isnt a "new level of fighting"

You cant possibly think that by adding this it will contribute to the gameplay in any way whatsoever, all it will do is slow down the game and force people to run around like idots while they wait for things to go back to normal.

Forcing players to fight in a retarded manner for ten seconds for no good reason wont sit well with anyone.

You might as well have this happen after you hit the ground three times in a row, or dash three times in a row, or jump three times in a row.

The Idea doesnt have any merit whatsoever.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
A blurry screen and a wandering crosshair isnt a "new level of fighting"

You cant possibly think that by adding this it will contribute to the gameplay in any way whatsoever, all it will do is slow down the game and force people to run around like idots while they wait for things to go back to normal.

Forcing players to fight in a retarded manner for ten seconds for no good reason wont sit well with anyone.

You might as well have this happen after you hit the ground three times in a row, or dash three times in a row, or jump three times in a row.

The Idea doesnt have any merit whatsoever.
I wasn't just refering to the blurry part.. i was refering to the ground fighting when both player's stamina are too low to fly.

And this part of your statement gave me an idea.
It does suck when you get completely crushed in this game, but it is fun to do the crushing..and the funnest part to me is when you get xtremley good, and you finally find someone just as extremely good or even better.

So why not add a handi cap to the game? It could work something like this, If you being beaten too badly you get a temporarily and very slight speed boost that's just enough to make a difference. How this helps? Lets say a Pro is vsing a newer player in a pub.. This slight speed boost could help the new player land a hit or could help him to get away. Now if the new player stays for the fight and is still getting beaten up "soo badly", then he/she could get a slightly bigger boost.

This could make things funner for new comers and more challenging for the vets
1) not only does the new player get Better practice by player a more accurate opponent, but he/she also gets to practice at a faster speed. (meaning he/she is most likely to get better faster then normal)
2) Some vets may find this annoying at first, but i think it would only be annoying to those who believe new players shouldn't have a chance against good players. As for those who don't believe that, this idea could be looked at as a never ending challenge. Think about it, imagine 2 veterans fighting and one of the vets is considerably better then the other. Not only would the better player get the challenge he/she is looking for, but the other player can get better practice by learning to control the "temporary slight speed increases".
3) And lets say 2 equal fighters were facing off.... If one just happens to be on a losing streak the "temporary slight speed boost" could change the pace of the fight Making it abit more interesting to watch.

OH an another thing ESF needs a new Spectating thingy.. like MountainDewd said "Esf isn't a first person shooter", and the current spectator mode was made for CS(counter-strike) a first person shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom