1.2 Release timezone

Best answers
Sorry for asking this, but its been driving me nuts all day >_>
is there a specific timezone for the release of 1.2- just curious because I am sure quite alot of people are from europe (who play that is) and we'll have to download it at 2am when its like 7pm over in the states :)
Not here to argue
Not here to change anything
Just curious.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a very good question i was wondering that myself. I THINK that they are not in the USA, because when ever something is new its always a day late for me :p i found this out on april 1st and i saw it on april second. so this is a good question. one id like to be answered

Best answers
From what I picked up on the main page, the details are still undecided..but I hope they will give a time that suits everybody. But no rush to them, I wouldnt mind getting it May 9th :eek:

Tip

Best answers
ESF should just released it early, like in the AMs at the US, that way people can download it, play it, and enjoy it the whole day, rather then having to play sunday.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We tried to pick the most reasonable time. If you live in Germany for example, you wont have to stay up until 3AM to download the mod.

Best answers
I wouldnt want ESF to rush out their release date...and they have lives as well -_-

edit: gah joe replied at the same time as me :eek:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well at this point there isnt much rushing. The game is done, just need to package and send it off to mirrors...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes that seems reasonable. but you have to rememeber people in europe are 6 hours ahead of us... i think something like that :p so its not fair for them. but i live in the east coast. but i do hope they release it early so i can start download because i have work that day

Best answers
Will the dedicated server version be out before the client version?

Or will you just release all versions at the same time?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being fair really has nothing to do with it. I dont suspect the mirrors to dissapear overnight, they will be there for all the fans to download. This stuff happens all the time. Its what you get when you reach out to people accross the globe. :]

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure we're going to be releasing the dedicated server builds earlier.

Edit: I'm just saying if you live in the GMT +1 timezone for example, you can still attend the release party and download it at the same time as the americans without pulling an all nighter.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol you see esf is actually good at what they do. and even tho they make you wait a wicked long time, when you download it you can play when ever you want. make your own server. have a ball. unlike evm (no offence, seriously) i dont think esf ever did nor ever will release a dedicated version where you cant make your own map

Best answers
chris your confusing -_- and thanx joe got my answer :)

If you need help with mirrors up, I could recommend a few places.

Just pm me :eek:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chris109 said:
lol you see esf is actually good at what they do. and even tho they make you wait a wicked long time, when you download it you can play when ever you want. make your own server. have a ball. unlike evm (no offence, seriously) i dont think esf ever did nor ever will release a dedicated version where you cant make your own map
Er... Dedicated server builds are for those dedicated servers that hold a **** load of players. It's a good idea to release the dedicated server build a day or two early so you guys will have some decent servers to play on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh lol maybe we were both thinking of something different. i thought he ment that you would have to play on a dedicated server made by esf much like evm did. and THEN youd release the server pack (the actual thing) thats what i thought he was talking about.

and because of this im confused in that department. so what exactly was he asking. and yeah...

Best answers
Its simple, dedicated servers are servers that are on most of the time and are faster.

Client servers are servers that people host to just play a quick game of ESF and arent as fast.

Best answers
the timezone question... :p you must be a desperate waiter :p

i must admid that it is nice to know that i proberly can download it here when it`s day :) i live in the netherlands (+1 time zone)...

And when are you guys start sending the installer to the mirros becourse i heared that the installer isn`t even maked...and since it is allreaddy Tueseday..

BTW.. how manny mirrors will esf have to download the installer? and.. i can`t mirror it for you guys.. it will couse to much bandwidth for me :'( but a few months later i think i will be able to mirror it without.. having problems with paying verry high bandwidth bills :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you live in the Netherlands. wow, its just your site is the best there is when it comes to downloading things. i admit you dont have as much a selection as esf-world but i get from 200-500kb/s so nice job. (and btw do you wanna unban me, all i did was beat one of your admins in melee, and i was banned from your forums) that was offtopic now onto on topic

It would be nice if Mastasurf said what time he was going to site the mirrors and if its GMT or whatever.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We will, give us some time -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom