1.2 or 1.3 on WON

Best answers
I want to know if you can still play 1.2.3 or 1.3 on WON rather than Steam. I have heard that you need separate accounts in order to have a LAN party wtih steam, but with WON, I know you dont need separate CD Keys or accounts. Can I still play 1.2.3 or 1.3 on WON? If so, how?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes you can actually but its not supported as well as steam is but i played on won with bots all the way until 1.2.2 came out not sure if you can play it with 1.2.2 though

just install it to normal halflife (if you have the original halflife cd)

you may get a bug when you try to switch gamemodes in the lan menu just switch it to free for all and stuff by using the command mp_gamemode "1" or some other number

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's ok, you can play ESF on Steam on a LAN with one key. Just make sure Steam is in offline mode, then log on to all Steams on the computers with the same account and it'll work fine. If you don't know if it's in Offline Mode or not then just pull the cable out ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
It's ok, you can play ESF on Steam on a LAN with one key. Just make sure Steam is in offline mode, then log on to all Steams on the computers with the same account and it'll work fine. If you don't know if it's in Offline Mode or not then just pull the cable out ;)
That my friend is a lie (or it just didnt work for me and a friend :p)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try using the lan version of cs (otherwise known as esai)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
That my friend is a lie (or it just didnt work for me and a friend)
Ha! I've been doing it for years! Do you have both copies of Steam in offline mode? And then one create the server and the other join it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ofcourse i do i just told the firewall that STEAM cant connect to the net and it went to offline mode. Than i searched the net for anwsers and found uot you have to have difrent accounts for each player ill edit the link when i find it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom