1.2 Installation error

Best answers
I uninstalled 1.1 and tried to install 1.2 full with Japanese voices, but i get an error:

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which mirror did you download the file from?

Best answers
Well, i got it from esf-world, but i've already installed it...but got another problem :p

When i try and play, it searches for Steam, which i don't have. Do u have to have steam to play it?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's recommended to convert to steam since we no longer (officially) support WON.
If you're bent on using WON, you can force the setup to install to "C:\seirra\half-life", or where your half-life directory is located.

Best answers
Argh smeggin hell....i've installed Steam, but when i try and add HL to 'My Games' i put in my CD-Key and it says it's invalid....i've tried both of them (i have the HL Generation pack) but they dont work >_<

-EDIT- Actually, never mind. Turns out that i had to use the old account i originally registered the CD Key with when i used Steam ages ago...amazingly i remembered the account info :laff: Hopefully i'll get it all to work...

Best answers
Argh smeggin hell....i've installed Steam, but when i try and add HL to 'My Games' i put in my CD-Key and it says it's invalid....
lol i had that problem but i cnt sem to remember my account info lol. . .how did u find it out coz i just cant remember mine, i tried the "retreive lost account" thing. .but had no results? is steam connected to any sites that i might of accidently registered with b 4???

Best answers
naruto-kun said:
lol i had that problem but i cnt sem to remember my account info lol. . .how did u find it out coz i just cant remember mine, i tried the "retreive lost account" thing. .but had no results? is steam connected to any sites that i might of accidently registered with b 4???
When i checked the main site, it said something like u had to login using ur email if u registered before march 2004 or sumthing like that, so i just put in my main email, guessed the pass and to my surprise it worked :laff:

U could try doing this:

Retrieve lost account > Don't know my account name > I remember my CD Key and u should get an email with the details. But make sure u check the email u registered with.

Best answers
You can just make yourself another autoexec.cfg if you want, tis pretty easy..just make a file and name it autoexec.cfg o_O (can be done in notepad)

Best answers
You can just make yourself another autoexec.cfg if you want, tis pretty easy..just make a file and name it autoexec.cfg o_O (can be done in notepad)
i dont no how to do that???

Best answers
Well then, here goes:

1) Open notepad.
2) Type in the cvars you want.
3) Go to File -> Save as.. (Top left of the screen).
4) Select "All files *.*" in the dropdown-box.
5) Name the file autoexec.cfg ad put it in your ESF-folder.
6) Close notepad (The X in the top right of the screen).
7) Play ESF.

Hope this will help ya.

Best answers
lol. . dnt mean to sound rude or anythin but i dnt think u no wot i mean. . . i dnt no wot any of that is. . . wot r cvars??? lol????

Best answers
Client commands, such as turning the mp3 player on or off.

You dont have to add any if you want...just make the file and save as.

Best answers
ok i done that autoexec.cfg file but it still asks me to put in the cd key. .and it keeps sayin it cant regester it :(

Best answers
I have the same problem here, Dark Oblivion... What have you done to solve it? Since you managed to install the mod...
In any case, creating that autoexec.cfg file, and all that didn't work at all.
This annoying message still displays... :( Omg !
A considerable amount of people are having this same problem, as I could notice. ESF team has no clue about it's probable origin/solution? :/

I tried downloading esf 1.2 full from oktagone, and three other servers including esf download system. The problem ocurred with all the servers :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom