1.2.1 Patch problems

Best answers
Ok I downloaded the game no problem and yes I have the full version of CS up to date. I downloaded ESF 1.2 np and installed it. 1.2 worked fine, then I d/l'd 1.2.1 and tried to install it. It says "ESF could not be found on selected destination. Please choose again." Well I've clicked on all the stuff to get to half life and then to the esf folder but it still keeps saying that. What can I do to fix this?

Edit: I think I put this in the wrong forum by accident if possible could a moderator please move this to help? Thanks :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make shure the patch goes to the same directory as the full game
it dosent go to ESF directory but CS or HL but not ESF

best is to just leave it alone and not to change the default directory as that normaly works best :)

Best answers
I did let it try with the default directory same thing happened.

Best answers
I'm having the same problem. I have version 1.2.1. When I try to install the Dedicated Server 1.2.1, no matter what I do, it says that it cannot find the ESF file and asks me to choose another directory. Is there something we should know about?

Best answers
... Ok I feel like such a fool and that I wasted the bandwith here. First off DO NOT use the dedicated server patch... its for (yeah you guessed it) a dedicated server. The patch you want to use should be "ESF_B121_Patch". Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Best answers
Make Sore that it is not the wrong the patch because their is like 3 patchs.

Best answers
Kasumi said:
... Ok I feel like such a fool and that I wasted the bandwith here. First off DO NOT use the dedicated server patch... its for (yeah you guessed it) a dedicated server. The patch you want to use should be "ESF_B121_Patch". Sorry for the inconvenience guys.
I know it's for a dedicated server. Did you ever think that maybe I planned to set one up? I tried installing it on the computer that was going to be used as the server, and that's what happened.

How do you properly install the dedicated server?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
should be same as normall esf just get ESF 1.2 dedicated server and ESF 1.2.1 dedicated server patch

Best answers
this may make me look really stupid, and maybe i am, but i downloaded and tried to install the 1.2.1 patch and it said that it couldnt find ESF and to try again. so i took your all's advice and downloaded a DIFFERENT patch and it still couldnt find it so i downloaded the last of the three(process of elimination :p) and it still said it couldnt find it... does anyone know whats going on?

Best answers
I had problems with ESF 1.2.1 Patch to.. But not any more...
Just instal it 2 places then you sure you install it the right place.. :laff: :smile:

Sierra\Half-Life
Sierra\Half-Life\esf

Normaly i self find the right place to be installed..
But i think "Sierra\Half-Life\esf" is the right place...
Cuz it worked for me when i installed it there..

The patch wanted to be installed in Sierra\Half-Life
And it did not worked for me..

Then i installed it in Sierra\Half-Life\esf
And then it worked :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you install esf beta 1.2, esf beta 1.2.1 esf dedicated 1.2, esf dedicated 1.2.1 all into your

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half life
This will create 2 folders and esf folder and a dedicated folder. depicting on what it is you down load. If you are trying to install it into WON which is
Sierra\Half-Life
Then you're just waisting your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom