1.1 melee

Best answers
Oki, I use simple melee and some american kid joined the server wanting to fight me and my clan m8 so we took turns in killing him, he the resorted into calling us luck n00bs, he died cuz he didnt have ki etc and he also called us exploiters/cheaters cuz we can tele-melee and get 2 basic hits, he says on THESE VERY forums its been discussed that 2 hits with 1.1 melee is bug abuse and that grOOvy has stated its a bug.

Is this kid a sore loser or is he actually right?? even the ESF predecesors ive always hit ppl twice or more and so did everyone else :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People hit others around multiple times in almost every server for 1.1

If you're using simple melee (not the right-click function, but you've toggled the simple melee cvar), then it is possible to hit someone even more than twice in a row...even in the knock-back function of advanced melee, you can hit somone three times in a row if you play your cards right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't matter that you could always do it. It IS an exploit of the system, and personally, I consider it a flaw. Anything that makes the game a case of "Never get hit" or "Get hit five times in a row while you are helpless and can't do anything about it" seems a little lop-sided to me.

To answer your question, yeah it's been discussed plenty but I don't know if the team is changing anything about it. Or if Groovy said anything or such.

Best answers
lol well... I dont think so ^^

maybe he spoke (wrote) with a american accent... And to know he is a kid it doesnt take much.... Only Kids whine....

Best answers
omg is that considered a bug ? i love double hitting, i do it al the time, bam , another bam and a generic ball for some extra dmg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you love winning. Same as the rest of the clowns who play Half-Life.

I say: anything where I literally cannot do anything in response till you're good and done is not balanced. Whether it's a bug or not I can't say...but obviously the team left it there not figuring that every grabass pussy son of a ***** would start doing it.

Best answers
lmao...there u go again whining...how many times does it have to be said that its has always been here?....y keep on whining about it cause u cant beat it?....im sure if u had it your way u would have the team make the entire game the *** lil arrows that everyone can block and have fights that last the entire server length just cause u think thats the "honorable" way to fight...the point of a game like this is to get kills..imagine that...its to have a high score by the end of the round...thats the point of every game...to score as many points as u can in the time limit...and simple melee does that better than anything atm...its NOT a bug because its been here since the beginning of melee (1.0)...its just been tweaked a lil to fit with adv melee...and imo its been balanced out because there is a hit limit...

if u "play for fun" and expect other ppl to not use something that works because u think its an exploit...go play poker or checkers...theres no "exploits" in those games...maybe then u will be happy...

and to answer your question dredj...its not a bug...its not an exploit...ppl just like to whine about it because 1.2 was supposed to give the nubs a way to fight back and they still get owned the same way they used to and it pisses em off...theres nothin more to it than that...so just ignore them and own up :yes: :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true its been there since 1.0

but how many of us could pull off those insane combos 2 days into the game?
i know it took me a while to learn how to lay down the 3 point combo... but once i got it, it was childsplay.

im thinking what prides problem is, is that it is far too easy to do now.... but i dont mind the fact that if i got hit, the other person should have the opportunity to combo me. in pretty much any fighting game, a "combo" is a series of hits that once started cannot be blocked, or very hard to block. so to me... its just a normal part of the game, that if someone can pull off... good for them.

and i think these things are just coming up because people like something to complain about...
in 1.0 it was ping melee (lower ping wins a head-on)
in 1.1 it was ki melee (higher ki wins a head-on)
and now in 1.2 it looks like it is going to be "omg you double hitter!"

i dont get it though... i have NEVER seen anyone complain in 1.0 or 1.1 when i smacked them around 5 or 6 times with no chance to recover... funny that it shows up now...

Best answers
Mystic has graciously proven my point as in my other thread sayian, hope to fight ya again and see what i mean? =P

Best answers
exactly my point...and i know its easier to do...but its also balanced...for the person that just figured out how to do it they can get two hits...THATS IT....for the more experienced players like hal and opty they can turn it into more becuase they know how...but after those two it gets conciderably harder to do...

and to all u ppl that think we should all just take it easy....if u wanna "relax" and beam spam all day or whatever it is u do...make your own server and kick ppl that dont play the way u want them to...there simple fix...dont go into a public server...get owned then come back here and whine that they were being competative and u "wanna have fun"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personaly i use more 1.2 melee but that's a good thing to do if youre a bit lo on ki

Best answers
I think it's a great combo to pull off. The combo does great damage when you hit with it. The combo also helps you set up for advanced melee combos; your opponent tends to block more when you swoop at them. I love when people complain about me using combo, they call me a noob and say I'm cheap. It's funny, because the people that complain about the combo are the same people that transkill and use the throw and rapid ki blast combo over and over and over again.

;)

Best answers
They left the double hit in there, because it's true to the show. There were several instances were a character would hit another, then teleport and hit them again before they stopped moving. And it was never really more than two or three hits before they were slammed into something, which is just how the game plays it. It's just as much of a combo as the adv. melee combos, once one starts it's impossible to react to it. the only difference is that the simple melee combo requires beating their reflexes, and the adv. requires tricking them.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, lets just put it like this, if u were in advanced melee, and if they landed 1 hit, they cud do another 2 hits to u (much like the combos) but took down 20 health + or - powerlevel (this doesnt include the first hit) they were allowed to shoot a generic ball, (-10/20 hp) then i dont think that is fair, in most cases (once proficient in the moves) it means one hit, and then you're out, especially wen sum1 gets u with a tripple hit and beam of sumkind. I like the idea of chain hits, however i dislike the fact that once u are hit once u have no control over the other hits, if they're good they can finish u quickly and u cant do a thing. imo, during the knockback should be able to block after a certain distance, blocking a hit would stop damage but would increase the distance of the knockback, which means sum1 who is good enough can teleport around their block and do a nice fat skilled combo, that imo would be fair.

Best answers
Actually according to pcjoe, most the team doesn't watch dbz, nor do they like it anymore. Most the things they create are from their own minds not to follow the show at all =P.

Best answers
thats kinda dumb :(
Whats the problem with using 1.1 melee ... honestly i hate it when people flame me because i pwn their asses with it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, now I need to step in.

To my knowledge, the thread creator did not ask "What are your opinions on 1.1 VS 1.2 with respect to the melee system?" What he did ask was whether or not being able to do more than one hit is actually a bug or an exploit, or if that's only a rumour or pure speculation.

So, I will warn you now. Cut the debate. There have been (and probably still are) numerous threads to express your opinions on this.

;/

Best answers
personally i dont think its a bug/exploit...its been there since the beginning of the melee system in 1.0...it was put there INTENTIONALLY...and was only tweaked in this version...it wasnt meant to be totally taken out...so no its not a bug or an exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom