1.1-like teleports.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard somewhere on this forum a few months ago that it's possible to make the teleports look like in ESF 1.1 and earlier. Well, I'm interested. I never did like these after image teleports of 1.2 and probably 1.3 as well. So I was wondering HOW to make the teleports look like in 1.1. Is it possible with an AMXX plugin, or through other means?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually with dan on this one. I'd love to be able to have the 1.1 teleport effect in 1.2. I didn't think it was possible since it wasn't a sprite.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Refresh my memory...what effect did the 1.1 teleport had?
As far as I remember it didnt had any =S I could be wrong though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it was this white sprite instead of an after image

Best answers
I would also prefer a white flash instead of an afterimage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet most of us would, and I hope that the team takes that into consideration. But is there really no way to change it back? Except play 1.1, of course.

EDIT: I created a poll about this in Suggestions. Let's hope white static gets voted out...

Best answers
it should be like it is now but with lines through and mebys flickering

Best answers
ya but the after image had a point in dbz unless thye do make and after image with flikering and lines like Malarky said ... but it would be some what of a model and if you want to hit someone with basic melee he teleports and the one who atacks hit's the after image stoping him from swooping ... and of course hiting trough the after image with a decent animation

Best answers
I like the whole after image idea more.. because it confims the fact that the character is moving faster than the eye can follow.. its obvious it would leave an after image on your retina :D

Best answers
Hmm dunno i like after image no complaints there

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it wouldn't. The person would just disappear. After image is a technique, not the result of physics at work.

If you wanted a way to show super speed that wasn't in dbz, there should be a blur going from point a (the starting position) to point b (the place the person moved to). I actually think that would look better than lines or after images, but i don't know if it's even possible to do.

Best answers
I like the whole after image idea more.. because it confims the fact that the character is moving faster than the eye can follow.. its obvious it would leave an after image on your retina :D
dam right amon,

pfff leaving a blur, thats for slow ppl :S

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And after-images is for children's cartoons.

Oh. Right.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Either way, there is no proper way to show it "realistically" since...well...humans can't move that fast...If they could, the other end of the teleport would bee a mass of burning hot flesh... the original bloopers of gokus instant transmission

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either way, there is no proper way to show it "realistically" since...well...humans can't move that fast...If they could, the other end of the teleport would bee a mass of burning hot flesh... the original bloopers of gokus instant transmission
The blur would be the most "realistic" approach to their incredible speeds.

Best answers
THAT and we're actually talking about a cartoon... so what do you mean when u say "realistic"?o_O

Anywayz, I go for the flickering lines. :p

Small off-topic: @Zeonix and Sub: Can I have a pony too? ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom