1.1 is amazing

Best answers
I love the new animations, and did anyone notice they recolored goku's ssj hair? Oooooooh! I soiled my pants as soon as I began playing. Only bug I noticed (maybe not a bug at all) was my fps lowered a lot.

ICS

Best answers
beta 1.1 owns but there's only one problem with it IMHO but that problem is really annoying and needs to be taken care of and that is that all attacks give you much less pl gain which makes transforming impossible and takes tons of time
if you can, our beloved esf team, plz somhow fix this since it ruins the fun

Best answers
Overall, 1.1 was simply great. I loved it, but one problem; they said reduced lag, but when I have about 4 people in a 30-40 ping server, that I am hosting, I seem to glitch around the action as well as everyone else, why's that? But hey, major credit to the team man! GREAT JOB!

Best answers
i like verything about 1.1 but i still have teh bug glitch were trunks always keeps his sword out. ut overall its really good.:)

Best answers
i havnt downloaded the new version 1.1 yet. I need to download it from telstra gamearena website, or esle i cant get it cuz my brother doesnt wanna go over the download limit. Do u know if the new esf beta 1.1 is going to be hosted on www.gamearena.com? if so give me the link thx

ESF OWNS !

Best answers
I think all the positive posters were busy playing :p
hence the negative nancies (omg, yes, I did just say that) are getting the most posts in.

Best answers
Yeah 1.1 definitely kicks ass. No more melee whoring, it's now a legitimate attack against beam spammers and the like. KI attacks are now much more popular, which rocks. There's a little more spammage on small maps like kami, but it's worth it not to be instantly block-countered all over the place like a volleyball. Hopefully in future versions all chars will get some new perks! (Piccollo please, he's already great but some more attacks would totally rock). I've noticed lag on some servers, but some are perfectly fine. I don't really get how Trunks works, but he really needed some sort of advantage, so it's cool people can actually play him now. More Gokus around, which is cool, and some people are using Renzoku, which is a sweet attack too. Keep up the good work guys.

Best answers
1.1 is great, personally i love it, it makes the game feel way more refined than before. kame torpedo's are abit of a useless advance, but who gives, every character should have at least 1 attack that is fun to use :)

hats off to the ESF team, i love 1.1

Best answers
Originally posted by 8bit-Fighter
And im still trying to figure how to do Goku's second spirit bomb.
select it, hold the right mouse button :p

and good work esf team :D

[edit] also, why isnt my post count rising at all? ive posted more like 8 things :\ [/edit]

Best answers
1.1 should have been this.

1.0 -Instant Block Counter + The smoother animations - Annoying swoop bugs - Blowing yourself up on walls and floors and ceilings + Alleged framerate boost (If anything mine have dropped) + Renzoku for everyone and make the ki blast secondary the primary since the current primary is pointless - More reasons to whore Goku + Sword, only if it came with a decent and fully working set of animations.

All other additions in my opinion were not necassary or important enough to warrant the time it took to be in the game. To add more attacks is a step off from adding another character, which has been stated would happen in beta 2. I -much- rather would have had quality over quantity, but I suppose the ESF team opted for the latter. Kudos anyhow. Why change the melee around if you're just going to change it again anyway? It just seems like a lot of ill planning went into the development of 1.1. Some improvements, some declines, no bugfixes whatsoever that I've seen since Trunks can still instantly block counter.

"Amazing."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by 8bit-Fighter
I agree I think the update is great. Still seems to be some bugs though but nothing special. As we speak im in a PS and both of us are out of power...so its not really going anywhere and we cant do anything :S

And im still trying to figure how to do Goku's second spirit bomb.

Other then those 2 things I think its great. I love the new sounds, sprites, and attacks. I especially like the multiple beam struggle.

Oh and the trails when your deflecting a beam they look much better now :D
To do goku's second Spirit Bomb select the spirit bomb (press 5 by default) then hold SECONDARY FIRE (Defaulted right click) and the esb will charge.

Beta 1.1 is great; I give my thanks to the team for a job well done

Only a few small questions:

Is trunks supposed to have regular melee too, or just the sword?

When in melee using the sword, is it normal to not have a crosshair?

Is vegeta's glit gun sound supposed to sound like he was hurt just before he starts charging?

These are minor details to me, other than these (which I don't dislike, just a bit confused about) I think the new beta was very well done.
1. No
2. No (there is a fix it is a sticky)
3. No he says Enough not a pain sound. But it sounds similar :)

Best answers
I wish you could play Trunks without his sword. Everyone uses him now when they all used to put him down and I don't feel like being in league with those people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Halorin
Everyone uses him now when they all used to put him down
Amen to that lol. For all the Trunks players in beta 1.0 (like myself) use your melee skills and out melee him lol. I find it fun now that people use Trunks because now I can have some good melee wars :D.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Commenting on the name of this thread: Gj to stryker... I really like the modification of esf_battlearena.... it looks loads better, has much more room and the trigger_hurt walls are gone. Well done! And esf_guru is great as well but a bit hard on the fps.

Best answers
well i like the new melee system allot i also like gokus hair,sounds of the cars and trunks is sword
thx to the team for making it allot beter ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom