07 Ghost Manga Discussion

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This is actually a shoujo manga, but it has quite a few shounen elements, making it very enjoyable to read.
To tell the truth, i have yet to start reading the manga, but i have watched the anime, and its seriously awesome, though relationships seem to have a hint of a homosexuality, not that thats a bad thing.
So yeah, discuss the manga, discuss whether there's going to be a new anime season etc. etc.

If you haven't started reading the manga/watching the anime yet, here's something to make you do that.
[video=youtube;F9EG00bBIZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9EG00bBIZY[/video]

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I really liked the premise of the anime. I watched the first episode with great interest.

There is no hint of homosexuality.

The characters are homosexual, and sorry to sound a bigot / ignorant, or whatever, but I really, honestly, cannot stand it. It removes all cool factor when they snuggle up in bed. They also care SO MUCH ABOUT EACH OTHERS FEELINGS. The main character even called the female body disgusting when that one guy had the "Ecchi magazine" thing. You don't have to read it, or like it, I mean, smut is not for everyone, but to call the female form disgusting? Dude...

By Episode 7, there had been about one fight in the series, the rest had been...like DBZ, fights, but mostly talking, except more talking, and less fighting, than even DBZ.

They also introduced one character who it appears had THE GRIM REAPERS SCYTHE and is called the genuine article, and then they all just kinda ignore that. He hangs out with em, pals around, but never "Dude, why do you have Death's Scythe?" Just accept it...

I thought it was going to be like Code Geass, the characters that is, a Suzaku / Lelouch relationship; but no, it's like their relationship with female fan fiction applied to it. They have moments where they stare into each others eyes and they become all teary eyed and smile. And I don't mean after some event happened; I mean just during a normal day, with nothing going wrong.

I really liked the setup, the art style, and what I thought the characters personalities were going to be. There far to much...maleness. All the characters are...men...with the except of one female who only makes the most bare minimum showings, it's 100% "Pretty boy" guys. It's also heavily implied the three Priests they meet are in some kinda homo-sexual love triangle.

You know, if they're gay, that's fine, but the problem is they're shouting it from the roof tops with every episode. I can accept that Light may have been gay in Death Note, for L, due to their attitude, but neither ever aggressively showed it, except that one...weird, rainy day episode. In Code Geass, it was acceptable because they didn't have much screen time together.

I guess I'm just not a fan of Shoujo manga man, but the plot seemed so...shounen, as you've said, I mean, ruthless killers trained by the Military to use magic? A lost kingdom, forgotten pasts, cold characters who kill without a split second of thought?

Then, after that first episode, every other episode has been all the guys getting in touch with their emotion. I felt cheated, I felt tricked, betrayed.

--

Infact, it appears I wasn't the only disappointed one, according to Anidb, pretty much every single group dropped subbing the anime except for one, out of like the 14 that were going to, and this was around episode 7, the same one I finished off on.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, I really liked the premise of the anime. I watched the first episode with great interest.

There is no hint of homosexuality.

The characters are homosexual, and sorry to sound a bigot / ignorant, or whatever, but I really, honestly, cannot stand it. It removes all cool factor when they snuggle up in bed. They also care SO MUCH ABOUT EACH OTHERS FEELINGS. The main character even called the female body disgusting when that one guy had the "Ecchi magazine" thing. You don't have to read it, or like it, I mean, smut is not for everyone, but to call the female form disgusting? Dude...

By Episode 7, there had been about one fight in the series, the rest had been...like DBZ, fights, but mostly talking, except more talking, and less fighting, than even DBZ.

They also introduced one character who it appears had THE GRIM REAPERS SCYTHE and is called the genuine article, and then they all just kinda ignore that. He hangs out with em, pals around, but never "Dude, why do you have Death's Scythe?" Just accept it...

I thought it was going to be like Code Geass, the characters that is, a Suzaku / Lelouch relationship; but no, it's like their relationship with female fan fiction applied to it. They have moments where they stare into each others eyes and they become all teary eyed and smile. And I don't mean after some event happened; I mean just during a normal day, with nothing going wrong.

I really liked the setup, the art style, and what I thought the characters personalities were going to be. There far to much...maleness. All the characters are...men...with the except of one female who only makes the most bare minimum showings, it's 100% "Pretty boy" guys. It's also heavily implied the three Priests they meet are in some kinda homo-sexual love triangle.

You know, if they're gay, that's fine, but the problem is they're shouting it from the roof tops with every episode. I can accept that Light may have been gay in Death Note, for L, due to their attitude, but neither ever aggressively showed it, except that one...weird, rainy day episode. In Code Geass, it was acceptable because they didn't have much screen time together.

I guess I'm just not a fan of Shoujo manga man, but the plot seemed so...shounen, as you've said, I mean, ruthless killers trained by the Military to use magic? A lost kingdom, forgotten pasts, cold characters who kill without a split second of thought?

Then, after that first episode, every other episode has been all the guys getting in touch with their emotion. I felt cheated, I felt tricked, betrayed.

--

Infact, it appears I wasn't the only disappointed one, according to Anidb, pretty much every single group dropped subbing the anime except for one, out of like the 14 that were going to, and this was around episode 7, the same one I finished off on.
Welp, can't please everyone i suppose.
Maybe someone else will like it, i dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom