Nicknames

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So anyway, i came to thinking, i have various nicknames among my various groups of friends, and have dished out nicknames to people in the past, along with "catchphrases" for some of them...

this thread is about nicknames and how you came to give/recieve them.

my main nickname is Leefy Evergreen (play on words). the background is as follows:

four of my friends were stupidly tight, and formed a group called "the quatro". and gave each other nicknames: Paulo Vernage (real name Steve), Ruskalanjelo (real name Ross), Brakken (real name Tom), and Soba (real name Tom...too...haha). anyway, not gonna bother even trying to explain their nicknames because it still baffles me...

anyway, over time, they started adding people to their tight nit group, and now there's Quatro (i know it's only supposed to have 4 members lol) all over england, with nicknames, and their own groups of friends, we have massive (talking HUGE) meetup weekends in different towns for various drinking games and debauchery.

my nickname comes from the fact that when i was training for the marines i used to enjoy sneaking up on people, but one day i took it too far, and in a drunken stupour, tried to hide myself in a fur tree... and got stuck, they had to actually cut me out haha.

catchphrases: my old surname was Evans, so people used to announce my arrival with "Ladies and gentlemen it's mr Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!".

my friend james has "got it".

Lots of people claim to have "it", but no one does like Clarke (pronounced Clarky - it's his surname) does. the reason for this, is that not only does he have the devils luck, i mean... we can be playing poker, and he'll go all in, and beat someone who has a pair of kings, with his own 6 2 off suit, with some kind of stupid straight on the river >_>.

anyway, we were all out this one night, and we decided to bundle back to clarkes house, with women in tow. clarke had one of them upstairs with him, then we start hearing this banging noise... a little more than the regular "thump thump hey look the light is swinging..." you know how it goes right?

fearing someone was getting beaten up, we went upstairs, to see clarke nailing this chick from behind, bashing her head against the radiator as he goes, with her shouting out "james, you've got it, you've got it!!!". god damn that was funny. so ever since then Clarke has "got it".

anyone else got interesting, or weird stories/nicknames?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played basketball in the middle of the hood once, and they started calling me E-Money, because I was making just about everything.

Best answers
Well, there was this girl in my school I once had the hots for and who eventually ended up my girlfriend for a while, well, the first day I ever saw here, she had this crazy hairdo thing going on and I was smirking at her, and she went: "What you gaping at, Panda?"
Stuck to me that one. For as long as I've been in school.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, unsuprisingly my most common nickname is the muffin man/Muff/moofy, the result of a night of being heavily battered and buying two shopping bags of muffins for munchies to my friends amusment. seconds Party Boy Slater at the workplace for always making the usually morbid team boozeups hilarious. third ones G.I Joe, no idea where that ones sprouted from par some lasses i know cheering it at me on a night out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people just call me Red because, well, I have red hair. Before I moved to Florida (and lost most of my best friends), my friends and I had this funny thing where we were all characters from Rocko's Modern Life. I was the lucky one and got Spunky (the stupid dog). Our fat companion (whom we later dubbed "Stinky Joe", even though his name wasn't Joe) was Heffer. Our even fatter companion got the name Really Really Big Man. Nobody messed with him, so he was a good guy to have as a friend.

Keep in mind this is like 3rd-4th grade, but we still kept our nicknames and we call each other by them whenever we talk. I answer to both Kyle and Spunky. :D

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cant believe im admitting the reasons behind it, but alot of my friends call me simply "T",...... short for "Titties", on account of my apparent manboobs >_>.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should've told us it's because of your striking resemblance to Mr. T.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never.

Ever.

Get locked in a dirty attic while hiding from your vengeful girlfriends parents.

You'll get the nickname Dust.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm Fraser, and my one friend somehow turned that into Farseer Ulwithy Arillious (far-seer ul-wyth-ee a-rill-ee-ous, spelled fo-net-i-call-ee). **** if I know how he came up with that, but this guy always was a little out there. I kept Farseer Ulwithy as one of my online names.

Some of my friends call me F-ray.

And lots of people call me Frasier. It's not a nickname, just a mispronunciation. It's a good show though, so I let it slide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well me and the guys I live with all have nicknames. We're known as the Jew House, well, cause we're all Jewish, so it doesn't really take rocket science to come up with that one. Anyways, I am known as the "Love Doctor." Then we got "Slick," real name Isaac, but he slicks his hair back when he goes out. There's David "Hookah Hands" Warshack, this kid loves hookah (we all do but not as much as him). And finally Rabbi Cookie Monster, whose real name is Josh, but he makes us other 3 guys cookies late at night after a hardy hookah smoking session.

Then my other nickname is Barney. Some of my friends thought it was funny my last name is Barnhart and decided that Barney sounded like that and well it stuck. Many different groups of friends call me Barney as well, which is weird that they're all on the same mindset as each other, but I enjoy it actually because I am a very loving person like Barney is.

In kindergarten they used to call me Barnfart also. Goddamn I hated that name, but now I think it's kind of funny. I also had Benny, which I also hated when I was 5 for some reason. Now one of my friends calls me Benny Bear. I've also gotten Benny Boo-boo from girls (who'da thunk).

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only real nick names I've gotten over the years that stuck were from two of my previous professions.

As a DJ, I would stand at the deck very seriously, obviously intent on what I'm doing for the show audio wise. Occasionally I'd break out some dancing at the console, and rarer yet I'd get the crowd involved with singing the lyrics etc. Because I was so serious, one of the guys I worked with gave me the nick "The Doctor". He said it looked like I was doing open heart surgery half the time. Anywho, it stuck, and stuck hard through my college years. Even when that same freind did a project for an art class, he had me dress up as a crazy doctor to show old school wrestling moves (he was making a magazine spread).

The other nickname comes from my Martial Arts training. While doing my nine years of Tae Kwon Do studies, I earned a reputation for sparring as if my life were on the line. I asked for no quarter and gave none; it was understood that sparring against me meant not holding back. Back in those days, I was deadly serious about the art, and my diligence paid off with an impressive repertoire of kicks. As my instruction took me to many schools, teaching at some, learning at others, my reputation within the local martial arts community grew fast. And upon switching from my first master to my second one, I found that the group of red belts there were completely willing to throw down and take me on. Every time I sparred one they got more brazen, and tried harder. One in particular was the top student until I arrived, and I think that got his goat up. Intent on embarassing me, he went at me full force during our first sparring match. Sadly, his gusto was no match for his ability, and he ended up getting pounded pretty badly. My dad was the first to coin the nickname. The signature, relentless assault that I used to pummel him into submission was dubbed the Freight Train by majority of the students there (and yes, they lifted it from Major League 2). With half of them telling him to get off the tracks. Even though we got off to a rocky start he and I were freindly when I left that school, and the name followed me to the next one >_>.

Damn, that story makes me want to go back to it now.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
A friend of mine, she's well...gifted, I mean, she has HUGE knockers, and she's jewish.

She's known to us as Jewbs.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The other nickname comes from my Martial Arts training. While doing my nine years of Tae Kwon Do studies, I earned a reputation for sparring as if my life were on the line. I asked for no quarter and gave none; it was understood that sparring against me meant not holding back. Back in those days, I was deadly serious about the art, and my diligence paid off with an impressive repertoire of kicks. As my instruction took me to many schools, teaching at some, learning at others, my reputation within the local martial arts community grew fast. And upon switching from my first master to my second one, I found that the group of red belts there were completely willing to throw down and take me on. Every time I sparred one they got more brazen, and tried harder. One in particular was the top student until I arrived, and I think that got his goat up. Intent on embarassing me, he went at me full force during our first sparring match. Sadly, his gusto was no match for his ability, and he ended up getting pounded pretty badly. My dad was the first to coin the nickname. The signature, relentless assault that I used to pummel him into submission was dubbed the Freight Train by majority of the students there (and yes, they lifted it from Major League 2). With half of them telling him to get off the tracks. Even though we got off to a rocky start he and I were freindly when I left that school, and the name followed me to the next one >_>.
Damn, now that's a good story. When I took Taekwondo we were prohibited from going full contact, we had to punch and kick lightly. Even in the adult class that I was switched into (due to me being bigger than all of the juniors), we could only hit somewhat harder but in essence it was still light contact. It made for very awkward sparring sessions with people my size and bigger. Of course, once in a while someone will forget to hold back and knock their sparring partner on their ass (damn, reminds me of that spinning side kick that caught me in the shoulder... ouch).

I was given the nickname "Big-A" by a group of my classmates in high school due to my stocky build. However, towards the end of my senior year, barely anyone referred to me by that nickname.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guys at work call me Detroit now. Mainly because we all call eachother stock nicknames dealing with first letters, such as b-dawg, d-train, c-rabbit, deman and such. Anywho, one guy randomly called me Detroit in front of a couple new hires who then proceeded to ask me where in Detroit I grew up. I just made up street names.

After seeing how funny it was to do that to the new hires, the guys at work stuck to just calling me Detroit.

Oh, and in HS everyone called me deman, no funny story there.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, now that's a good story. When I took Taekwondo we were prohibited from going full contact, we had to punch and kick lightly. Even in the adult class that I was switched into (due to me being bigger than all of the juniors), we could only hit somewhat harder but in essence it was still light contact. It made for very awkward sparring sessions with people my size and bigger. Of course, once in a while someone will forget to hold back and knock their sparring partner on their ass (damn, reminds me of that spinning side kick that caught me in the shoulder... ouch).

I was given the nickname "Big-A" by a group of my classmates in high school due to my stocky build. However, towards the end of my senior year, barely anyone referred to me by that nickname.
The only areas we could not haul off on were the head, back, and below the belt. You were expected to beat everything else as if you were trying to kill it. I had broken a few classmates ribs, including my father :fight:

One of my favorite beatdowns however, belonged to my younger brother. A mixed martial artist who had studied several styles but was only a yellowbelt in tae kwon do, was one of three people selected to spar with him for his red belt. He did well, as expected, but the MMA guy punched him in the face full out full contact. My bro's nose was bleeding, and he was told to go wash it out and walk it off. When he came back from the bathroom, you could see the red in his eyes and the steam snorting from his nose dude. He plowed right into the guy with a step behind side kick the minute the sparring continued. Kicked him right through the damn wall! It was pure gold.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i got taught some Aikido moves that can rupture your stomach... and the schools i went to were the "learn by doing" kind... gotta say, being slammed into a floor sucks hard man.

i still want to spar with you Rich, full contact or no (i'm aware of your conditions, and i'm sure your aware that i now have my own... infirmaties). i think i could learn a lot from you, and would hope i could still teach a little in return :)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only areas we could not haul off on were the head, back, and below the belt. You were expected to beat everything else as if you were trying to kill it. I had broken a few classmates ribs, including my father :fight:
Damn, now that's real sparring. The worst thing that could happen to someone at my school is getting the wind knocked out of them. If we couldn't walk it off, we were told to do no-touch sparring. The dumbest freaking thing in the world that contradicts the whole point of sparring.

One of my favorite beatdowns however, belonged to my younger brother. A mixed martial artist who had studied several styles but was only a yellowbelt in tae kwon do, was one of three people selected to spar with him for his red belt. He did well, as expected, but the MMA guy punched him in the face full out full contact. My bro's nose was bleeding, and he was told to go wash it out and walk it off. When he came back from the bathroom, you could see the red in his eyes and the steam snorting from his nose dude. He plowed right into the guy with a step behind side kick the minute the sparring continued. Kicked him right through the damn wall! It was pure gold.
Haha! Talk about owned.

While I wasn't knocked through anything, I tried using this one strategy when sparring. What I would do is skip around my partner in a circle, randomly changing directions to keep them from figuring out a pattern. One day in the adult class, we were sparring and my partner just stood there, not moving while I was skipping around him. When I got behind him, I saw his head turn around to look at me and BAM!!! He slammed into my shoulder with a spin side kick, knocking my ass on the floor, in pain. Needless to say, I never used that strategy again after that.

One of my friends back when I took Taekwondo classes was someone who can get pissed off really easily. When he got pissed off in sparring, he becomes relentless in attacking and taking blows. So, while I or someone else was sparring him, pulling our punches and kicks, he was trying to clock us (though with some restraint). Funny thing is, he was the only person that could piss off our instructor. Our instructor had this habit of smiling throughout sparring when he was sparring someone. It was a good tactic and it definitely worked in screwing with your head. However, when he sparred my friend, the smile would disappear and you can tell he's trying to restrain himself from going full contact.

Anyway, to make my reply somewhat on-topic:

Another nickname I was given was "Quasimodo". Everyone in my neighborhood knew me as this because I slouched a lot. So, it looked like I was a hunch back. Eventually I stopped being lazy and fixed my posture through weight lifting and I have rarely been referred to that nickname since.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only way to learn to fight, even a disciplined fight, is to actually do it. McDojos that teach you "forms" and "movements" and "hey look we can all stand in a row and throw punches at nothing" etc, are only good at looking good.

if it came to a real fight, it's better to know how it feels to have ten bells of crap knocked out of you when it goes badly, it's better to know your limits and when to just lie down and give in, and it's better to know how to put someone on their ass with as little effort as possible.

i'm actually pretty confident my old military combat instructor/sparring partner could knock mike tyson out with one punch...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have several nicknames. The newest one by my new friends in high school is 'Hair'. It happened 'cause some of my friends thought my hair was too long and told me to cut it, after various advice and even some threats (you know how kids are, they don't like anyone to stick out) I stood firm and didn't take any advice into consideration. So one of them said he's gonna call me Hair until I cut it. So I said sure. There was another nickname I had in elementary, Dzamija, which means Mosque (muslim temple). That's sort of a variation of my real name, or rather a pun of it. My real name is Damjan, so one of my friends, while still in 2nd grade, when we were still brats, he called me.....Žamjan, which is pronounced Zhamyan, or something like that. Then, in 7th grade, when we were learning the Turks in history, we mentioned their temple, called the Mosque, or Dzamija in my language. It's pronuonced similar to the nickname my friend gave me, Dzhameeya, so I automatically got that name. And I sorta liked it. But know that I'm an atheist and in no way connected to any muslim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom