I did the impossible

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I friggin' fixed my ps2....omgawd.

It has been sitting under my bed for over 3 months or so now, and I decided to get it out for one last spin and with the help a repair tut online, I had it up and running in about 10 mins. I know with the ps3 coming out and all and its not such a big deal, but im broke and don't want a ps3 atm, not untill mgs4 anyway... Anyone else do the impossible?

Best answers
Hahhaha!!! You fixed your PlayStation 2....Wow,you must feel pretty darn proud.
A bit too proud....posting it on the forums..:D

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
x3 Congratulations on fixing it. I hope it lasts you a long time.

Though it shouldn't have broken down in the first place. But yeah, it's a common problem with PS2s.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes indeed, this has been bugging the **** out of me for months, and to think it just took a simple tweak. Everyone has to pat them self on the back sometimes ;p.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im on my 3rd ps2, but to be fair, when i do find game i like, i play the **** out of it XD.

the first ones laser grew weak, and eventually borked. the only thing that kept it running was my HDLoader software which allows me to run games off the ps2's HDD, (so long as it could read the HDL disc)

eventually though, it could no longer read that disc, so i had to take it apart and fix it myself, which worked in 2 week bursts of working, then breaking again.

i bought a new slimine one, and sold it back to gamestop the moment it messed up. before the problems worsened. it scratched the crap out of my copy of monster hunter =(.

the 3rd one, the one i use now is a fatboy model, that to this day still works as good as it did the day i brought it home. and its compatible with my old HDloader stuff. (ive got 38 games on it right now, most of which i do actually own)

just info here, so nobody de-rails asking about why i have games i own on hdloader, i NEVER have to use the game disc again, so it stays in perfect condition.

and the load times are often times 10x better =), unless the length of the loading screen is hard coded.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have my first generation PS2. The only problem I've ever had with it is it scratched the hell out of one of my games once, leaving it completely unplayable. I think it had to do with the way I positioned the PS2, but w/e. Still works perfectly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me too, I've had the PS2 since it was released from the first day in America (shipped it over to Europe) and it's still standing next to my TV working without a problem. Never destroyed andy disc's, no repairs needed. Works perfectly.

Best answers
I had to pop open my ps2 quite a few times. usually every 6 months because of a dusty lens but I had to fix it a few more times because of my own ignorance.... I messed up using the swap magic (w/ swap card) and I managed to have the ejector stuck.... but I fixed it as soon as I got in it... with no tutorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom