Best answers
Looks nice for a first :p
But scale the watter texture up. That way it lags less >.<

Yes water lags ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but perhaps you should develop the map a bit more before posting screenshots. There isn't much I can say except to keep going.

If it's your first map, have fun and see it through. Hopefully you're getting comfortable in the Hammer environment. :)

Best answers
Well okay.

If it's your first map, have fun and see it through. Hopefully you're getting comfortable in the Hammer environment.
I hope so too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Stabs you til you die!!!!* err.....I'm making a Roshi island map now :( But I wasn't gonna post it here anyways, for a esf add-on, lol, I will maybe post pics in one of my other threads.

Oh and if this is really your first map, well done, that looks very good, BUT, do you know how to properly vertex manipulate, because is it me or do I see some clipping there, clipping is a nono, NEVER, I say NEVER USE CLIPPER!!!! well unless you use the triangle technique

Best answers
I'm making a Roshi island map now
It was the first thing I could think of, but I'm not going to upload it when it's finished, I'll just think I'll post a pic of the final result.

I will maybe post pics in one of my other threads.
Please post some pics of your Roshi map.

do you know how to properly vertex manipulate, because is it me or do I see some clipping there, clipping is a nono, NEVER, I say NEVER USE CLIPPER!!!! well unless you use the triangle technique
I do vertex manipulation.

And thanks for comment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think our maps will be quite different Donnie, you've got multiple islands, mine is just one tiny island (tried to make it to-scale using manga images) in the middle of the ocean =)

What skybox is that?

Best answers
As you know this is my first map, so I don't know that much about Hammer yet. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice or something?
Like how to draw outside the squares and how to get trees and how to get models in my map like Ravendust has on his screenshot?

I have worked a little on my Roshi island but it doesn't look too good compared to yours.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, that map of mine was just a thing to test some entities, it lags a little, my wpoly is pretty high, but I'm gonna redo it, where it is only 1 or 2 islands, oh btw, theoboy, if you have msn, just add me< [email protected] then I can give you some pointers, etc. ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I think our maps will be quite different Donnie, you've got multiple islands, mine is just one tiny island (tried to make it to-scale using manga images) in the middle of the ocean =)

What skybox is that?
Thats a skybox out of good old ESF 1.1

Its the official skybox for esf_island ^^

Oh and no ofense. Your map may be more acurate but donnys islands own XD

Best answers
A little screenshot of one little island there is in the Roshi map I'm mapping on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh and no ofense. Your map may be more acurate but donnys islands own XD
^^, I only learned from the best...Yeah you grega, and all the other guys

Hmmm....not TOO bad, but come on msn then I can teach you something cool to make it look more circlish. ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Caughs up triangles ^^

The anwser is vertex manipulation using triangles XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom