Well, it's been about another 2 years since I've posted in here...

Best answers
...I should just make this a bi-annual event :p The first drawing is a repost of my last 2 year drawing; I adjusted her bangs and face alittle bit. Might have to resize it as this site auto sizes it to fit the screen and the lines kinda get compressed together. The second pic is actually a drawing I started probably about 2 years ago and just now finished. Stop laughing. No, really I mean it!! As always, rip me a new a-hole with your C&C's ;)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't posted in here in a while, and I haven't talked to you in a bit either. So first things first, hello NightHawk!

Pic one: Nice detail on the clothes, however I don't like the proportions on the eyes, (right one is bigger than the left), nor do I like the lower jaw line on her right side (our left). It's too angular to be feminine, and it makes her look like a teenage boy. Her hands need further refining, though they are the most notoriously hard part of the body to draw. Adding shadows to the picture, perhaps some garaud shading, would make it have much more depth and impact.

The second picture is much better, but still has problems. I do applaud you for tackling a difficult angle on your subject though. First off, again with the hands, the pinky on the trailing hand (the one holding the sword) is too fat, which I'm sure was your attempt to draw the sides and top, if you do that, you need some skin creases to emphasize that you are showing that and/or some shadowing. The lead hand is just plain off. I often put my own hand in front of my face and mentally draw the lines so I can get the picutres to look like reasonable facsimiles. The lead hand's upper arm is too small, and needs to be bigger than the trailing arm because of perspective. You also need to fix the neck, it's right in proportion to the face, but it's attached to the wrong spot, it looks like her neck terminates between her shoulder blades, far too back of where it should be, directly behind the collar bone. While were up here, I'll lay some praise on that excellent face, very well done despite the neck problem.

Best answers
Hey Cucumber! Wassaby? I thought you left? Nice to see the green beat stick keeping people in line still. Wow, you know you messed up bad when you have a short story of stuff to read ;) I'll try to keep it all in mind and update them in the distant (another 2 year) future :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
:eek: look whos back o/
Stick around this time ;)

however .. some shading would definately spice up those sketches.

Best answers
I fade in and out occasionally, checking to see when 1.3 will be out :) Speaking of which, when is it going to be out?? JOKING!

Hmm, shading. If only I knew how :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll print out one of your pics and shade it to show you, it'll take me a bit though.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
I'll print out one of your pics and shade it to show you, it'll take me a bit though.
Cool. Getting shading lessons from a vegetable =p On a side, here's 2 more drawings. First is work in progress (1+ weeks so far) and second is the very first drawing I posted here. That was going to be my custom character (back when we were discussing the idea). Don't know if anyone is old enough to remember that though =-)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well proportioned and nicely detailed, far better than the first two, but they still have terrible hands ;-o

I still haven't gotten to printing those out and shading them, but I will soon.

Best answers
What you got against my hands? =p On that note, what seems off on my hands for the 3rd pic? You're like my only feedback right now lol.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your sketches are neat and appealling theme wise, but lack respect for a realistic skeleton.

Limbs seem too long or too short, and Cuc is definately right about the hands, they are very rigid and heiroglyphic/two dimensional.

Here is an example from the only sketch I have hosted right now, a manga Vegeta.

As you can see they seem 3D and respect the sphering-trapezoid architecture the human hand possesses.

Of course the female hand would be less defined, but still should represent this aesthetic presentation.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Her weapon holding hand is at an impossible position because of how the weapon is pointing, the other hand is too square. You need to learn how to convey three dimentional curvature to your pictures.

Best answers
Wow, thanks for the great hand references, those really helped out alot. For the record, drawing hands suck!!

**Update**

Last update for now.

Best answers
New WIP. Comments, hints, suggestions? Other than the ribbon being too big on the right hand and wrinkles being off. Mostly looking to see if it's anatomically correct, since I'm twisting the body a little.

==Update==

Best answers
Think I'm through with this for now.

==Ok, now I'm through with it =P ==

**Ok, I refuse to touch this anymore**

Best answers
You're Korean? 나잇헉...
Anyway, her right arm it way too stiff, cartoon-like with seemingly no wrist.
Left leg looks thinner than right leg.
Good stuff :O

Best answers
Yea, the reference picture I used has the sleaves going up the arm, so I really couldn't tell exactly how the arm should look. I knew it looked off from the rest of the picture. Also, on the reference picture both her legs are down so it was hard for me to gauge exactly how the leg would look when lifted. I used another picture of someone sitting cross legged and went from there.

And yea, I'm part Korean.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well theese crits are only cause im an arncer XD

The wheels on the bow are a bit off. They are centerd. The turning point should be a bit to the left in the position the string is now.

And the string dosent run right.
(ref)

Also with such a bow the string should be round the nose area (basicly touching the tip of the nose with the hand below the chin) and not behind her head XD

And her face looks like shes looking in a difrent direction than shes aiming ^^

Other than that great work :p

Best answers
Yay, access to a scanner once again. Alright, based off the critique I've shifted the face forward a bit. Also, I decided not to use the wheels after all. Didn't seem like it fit in with the bow design anyways.

==Update==

I'll probably leave it as is unless somebody notices an error I should fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom