smith i need joo , my pc is making big nosie :o

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it seems my hdd is making a big nosie sometimes when i boot up my comp. Iv'e tried tightning the screws and such but still no difference. I'm using some samsung 160gig sata drive (can't remember model name , i will look at it when i get home for model name , afterall it could be known for this sorta stuff)

can anyone give me a solution to my problem ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like it's going bad. Try changing its location, drop it down maybe one or two levels.

Best answers
A noisy hard drive, means its probably gonna crash soon.
I'd backup all your data immediately. :warning: :warning: :warning:
Get software called "tufftest" and check your Hard Drive with it.
If the drive is still under warranty you can send it back for a replacement.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... good idea , my guy showed me that he got a return on the same drive in a week or so and it melted or something

it's times like this i prasie i bought a dvd burner

is this utility you speak of freeware ,if so can i get a link thru pm or something (don't know if it would be considered advert by giving me a link here)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Last time I had a noisy drive, it was followed by a head crash and the 2 platters spinning out of alignment. >_>

IIRC, Samsung isn't exactly known for reliable drives. Still on top ten list of worst drive manufacturers. <_<

Best answers
RandyHobo said:
hmm... good idea , my guy showed me that he got a return on the same drive in a week or so and it melted or something

it's times like this i prasie i bought a dvd burner

is this utility you speak of freeware ,if so can i get a link thru pm or something (don't know if it would be considered advert by giving me a link here)
Tufftest Pro is a program you must buy. But Tufftest lite is free.
http://www.tufftest.com/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
att i got it seemed ok. My supplier showed me a return list for the other drive models in the shop (he must get crappy drives) i think i might go buy another differ hdd. At the time i bought this it seemed to be good , but i bet i did some damage to it with my overclocking (maybe) the drive has been bahed in my comp , but my muma the other day was banging the desk because she didn't understand how a program worked and got all angry , so that might explain (joo owe me a hard drive :mad: ) or damaged during the switching process into my new case

i wanted a western digital model att i bought this , but he showed me a return list he got for all the other models he had in stock then. I dunno if i can still claim it for warranty thou , i think someone chucked my proof of purchase in the bin , but i think they would say that this damage is not covered by warranty anyway. One guy as stated before managed to melt something on one of these drives , but he must of been a stupid pc n00b and forgot to remove something off it (that's what happened at a net cafe i once went to , some guy who put there pcs together for them fought that some plastic thing was apart of a gfx card , and eventually they all got rooted , nice cards att thou , ti4200's and then they had to go buy crappy fx5200s)

If you were buying a new hdd , what brand would you go for , Western digital , maxtor , Quantuam or some other brand i haven't mensioned ?

Western digital drives apparently have a high failure rate , but dam are they fast drives , but what would you recomend i buy (also list model number if you can)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 1 x 160GB Western Digital drive 7200RPM... thankfully it hasnt crashed on me yet... could it be something to do with the power unit/ supply?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe , maybe me putting the core voltage up taxed on the psu and didn't supply enough power to my hdd

but in a sence that should not be a problem. My brother uses a 300w psu and he overclocked his p4 with out a problem (i dunno if he upped his core voltage though)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldn't do anything since the core voltage is running off a different rail, ;o.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i am aware of that ,but it hasn't seemed to happen to me yet (as much as i think i sware i saw some little lag even thou my fps was got at that time) this morning while playying esf against a bot (with psus other then power rails ,don't you have to take into account how much juice the system is taking from the psu in total , i'm no smartkard on complete electronics , i just know what i know of electronics , like basic electronic stuff ,but that doesn't mean i suck at pcs)

i might clock it back up once i get a 430watt thermaltake psu , it will only cost me $70 Au (even thou iwant a coolermaster 550w psu , but i can't find any suppliers stocking the one i'm after)

i spent the morning backing up all my stuff like a worried ass freak :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom