SSJ2/RAGE ??? >:0

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what exactly would you call gohan's ssj2. just ssj2 or ssj rage (or that was probably just made up by log2) or ssj2 with enhanced rage

i just made this thread because i notice certain differnces

if i am correct goky did go some sought of ssj2 form while fighting cell , but wasn't as powerful as gohan's or something

can someone help me clear up my confusion ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku didn't go to SSJ2, but when he touches the Cell Bomb to do Instant Transmission his hair looks really like SSJ2 hair just without the sparks or different aura flow. I'm not sure why this is, I guess a graphical error.

As for SSJ2/Rage, SSJ and SSJ2 require emotional surges to trigger the transformation. Seeing as Gohan's Rage is, in essence, an emotional surge itself, combining it with SSJ would also produce SSJ2. When Cell kills #16's head, he gets the emotional surge which pushes him over the edge and he goes SSJ2. Then when Goku Instant Transmission's himself and Cell away, Gohan reverts back to SSJ spontaneously, however when Cell returns, Gohan gets angry that his fathers sacrifice was in vain, the emotion returns and he becomes SSJ2 once again.

Summary: SSJ2 = SSJ + Rage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but during the cell games, gohan and goku had discovered a way to remain in SSJ without burning up lots of energy. So its only natural that Gohan went normal SSJ again. But on the other hand, once you have reached a level, you can ascend to that level at a time of your choosing, true that Gohan was pissed off at his father' s death being meaningless, but it wasnt the anger that made him go SSJ2 again, it was the need to go SSJ2 again. It was clear that Goku was SSJ2, because he had lightning around him, BUT nothing emotional had happened to cause it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think you can really say ssj2 is just ssj + rage... if that were the case, vegeta would have gone ssj2 during the android fights, when he got so angry at them, and himself...

also, in the bojack movie, gohan clearly powers up... he doesnt just go "grrrr you make gohan angry! gohan smash!" and transform.. he just put himself in the pooper pose, yelled a bit, and his hair went spikey.

same with goku in the buu saga, he didnt go ssj2 cos he was particularly angry, if that were the case, he would have done it when vegeta blew up the stadium.. he appers pretty calm when he said "you dont mind if i skip the warmup?" and transforms to ssj2.

so yeah, ssj2 is not ssj + rage...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't mean every SSJ2 trans, just the first time. Same with SSJ when you think about it.

Goku SSJ - Anger at Frieza for killing Piccolo and Krillin
Vegeta SSJ - Anger at himself for failing to surpass Kakarot
Gohan SSJ - Anger at Frieza for killing Piccolo and Krillin (memory)

Goku SSJ2 - Unknown
Vegeta SSJ2 - Unknown
Gohan SSJ2 - Anger at Cell for killing #16/Anger at Cell for killing Goku + Trunks

Ness said:
once you have reached a level, you can ascend to that level at a time of your choosing
Not necessarily true, transformations get easier with each subsequent trans until the transformation is 'perfect'. Like when Goku landed on Earth and Trunks asked him if he could go Super Saiyan and he said "It took a bit of getting used to" before he could do it at will. I assume the same with SSJ2, it was a combination of Goku's death and the fact he'd already gone SSJ2 once before which allowed him to go SSJ2 again.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And remember that Gohan couldnt go SSJ2 after the cell saga

Best answers
He could, he just never did. He never practiced his fighting after his father died, so he never had time to allow the power to mature (hence Vegeta's statement that Gohan was stronger in the Cell games).

Vegeta? He went Majin, forcing the general "rage" needed to reach SSJ levels for the first time.
Goku had 7 years (or more, because I believe it was stated that 7 years of Earth time was a lot longer where he was) to practice the "ascensions"

I think all forms were a matter of reaching an ultimate level of pissed-offed-ness

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He did go SSJ2 in the Babadi Saga, then he got stabbed by Yamu and Spopovitch.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And SSJ3 Goku is just a stage with a lot of practicing. There was nothing needed to trigger this one. It was just Goku's will ( he trained a lot at other world so he reached the power level needed for SSJ3 )

Best answers
I wouldn't say that. The conditions needed to reach SSJ3 were never revealed, however it is surmised that he did reach a point where he was able to unleash the full heart of the saiyan -- their rage, their pride, their nobility, their anger and hatred -- which was the complete unity of the Saiyan mind, body and heart... which was SSJ3 :p

All theory, mind you

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actualy if i remember correctly he did tell Goten and Trunks how to go SSJ3 just be4 he went back to the other world

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you'd think though that each charcter having difference each one's personalitys though would of had to been for differ reasons , which makes ssj2 more of a mind boggler

if i am correct though bojack gohan did go beyond ssj2 , after all did you see the diference in his eyes on the cover (i actaully have never seen the bojack movie) or would that just be a gfx effect , also if i am correct ssj3 could only be achived by full blooded saiyans and no weakling quater/half saiyans

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega is right, Goku said he reached level 3 during training in the other world, but was harder for him to sustain SSJ3 on Earth. For SSJ it was the anger, and the need to survive. For the other levels, it was just anger or pushing their bodies to the limits

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
SSJ3 is just his pure will and training. No conditions were met or needed... I'm sure for that one. And SSJ4 is a story of her own

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Randy said:
if i am correct though bojack gohan did go beyond ssj2 , after all did you see the diference in his eyes on the cover (i actaully have never seen the bojack movie) or would that just be a gfx effect
Nah it was SSJ2, he just needed a bit of a stimuli from Goku to help reach SSJ2 once again.

And as for SSJ3, the only requirement is power. Lots of it. Gotenks went SSJ3 just because he was strong enough, and because Goku showed him how, that was all. No emotion or anything.

As for SSJ4, a large concentration of blutz/bruites waves in the eyes and a tail is all you need after reaching SSJ and learning to control Oozaru. Technically Vegeta could've skipped SSJ2 as well if Bulma had made that machine of hers 20 years earlier.

Best answers
Ok, guys? The requirements for SSJ3 were never stated. All that was ever said was, like Ness mentioned, that Goku reached in the level in "other world," and it was harder to sustain on Earth, because in "other world" he has no body restricting him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but Gotenks went SSJ3, so you can figure out the requirements from that:

-He had no emotional surge
-He had no experience at SSJ2
-He never went to the Otherworld
-The one thing he had was lots of raw power, Goku also has this.

Therefore it's safe to assume that's all you need to go SSJ3.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Goku didn't go to SSJ2, but when he touches the Cell Bomb to do Instant Transmission his hair looks really like SSJ2 hair just without the sparks or different aura flow. I'm not sure why this is, I guess a graphical error.
Maybe his hair was just too strong to 'fly back' with all that air/ki flying out of cell, since he was right in front of him I'd assume his hair was up becuase of the .. well.. ki leaving cell's body :p
Unless someone can post a pic ><

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just watched the episode, it was the wind after all.

The first one I thought was SSJ2 because of the spikes and detail, the second one was the lack of frontal spikes, but in both cases it was just the wind/ki blowing out of Cell that made it look like that :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom