help please!!!

Best answers
I NEED HELP!!!
I have everything needed for esf on my computer but I don't have an internet connection!!!
Can I still play with bots???

p.s.My friend said that esf runs on steam, is this true???

PLEASE try to answer both my questions
THANK YOU!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you can still use bots. Since Steam pretty much needs an internet connection to get setup, if you try to play without Steam (for offline play) you are bound to run into a variety of bugs which we cannot effectively help you with.

This FAQ may also help you if you have any further questions.

I have trouble with ESF : FAQ

Please post back here after you have read the FAQ if you have any further questions.

Best answers
so even if i don't have steam, I can play offline with bots?
and the bugs, how bad are they???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bugs you may face while trying to get around Steam could range from anywhere to anywhere. Many users post here and their problems are quickly fixed simply by switching to Steam.

So in short, I wouldn't recommend trying to get around Steam.

If you could somehow get Steam on your comp, you could run it in offline mode and play with bots with very little problems. How you do that is up to you.

Best answers
It's me again
I DO have steam because I have CS:Condition Zero which gave me steam, I have the retail version of CS
But, I thought you needed a connection to run steam though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can run Steam in an offline mode. It's an option in the preferences somewhere.

You mentioned you had a CS : CZ Key. If you do not have a seperate copy of CS or HL, that CD-Key will not allow you to play ESF. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

Best answers
THANKS MAN!!!
you were a big help
btw I have a retail CS so it doesn't matter, i hav a cd key

Best answers
how do you change it to offline mode???
you can't even go in it if you don't have internet so where ca nI change it to offline?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm, I can't seem to find it either. It looks like Steam may have disabled that feature (or I just don't see it).

I'm sorry for giving you false information if that's the case. Try your luck without Steam I guess, but be warned you may face a multitude of bugs.

Best answers
i've just been on the steam website, it says offline mode can be activated by going into it when you are not on the internet, it says that a window will pop up saying "do you want to play on steam on offline mode?" or something but maybe my steam is just out dated or something?
I dunno
does steam get updated regularly?

Best answers
The thing is that i WANT that window to pop up bcos i dont have internet but it doesn't pop up
:S

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your internet is down, you can't play online anyways.

What happens when you sign on with no internet?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
skyline24 said:
Read the WHOLE thread and you will understand my problem
Your asking why you don't get the notice of online or offline Steam, but I am asking what else happens when you try to login.

Best answers
I found out my problem
i've been on the steam website
i'll just try playing without steam
thanx for trying to help tho ppl

Best answers
so................
it will WORK even if I don't have steam but it just won't work well???

Best answers
ok man dont make 2 posts bout same subject,
1. you need steam installed and updated on your computer
2.when you try to load steam up when you arnt connected to the net it,ll say somthing like:"Retry connection |Start steam in offline mode" start it in offline mode and try loadin up esf then you should be ok.

NOTE: i once had a version CS/esf that didnt need steam to play..but its illegal and i doubt you can still get it easly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graive said:
ok man dont make 2 posts bout same subject,
1. you need steam installed and updated on your computer
2.when you try to load steam up when you arnt connected to the net it,ll say somthing like:"Retry connection |Start steam in offline mode" start it in offline mode and try loadin up esf then you should be ok.

NOTE: i once had a version CS/esf that didnt need steam to play..but its illegal and i doubt you can still get it easly.
it's not illegal if u bought the original half life cd or counter-strike half life cd. just install the old program into your computer, update the half life to 1.1.1.0.. if its cs half life cd update that one to cs 1.5, then install esf to C:\sierra\half-life (by default installation) so that the mod directory would be C;\sierra\half-life\esf and then run half life, go to custom game and load esf.

it is illegal however if u did not purchase the original cd and then got a copy of half life or cs half life from another source

Best answers
yeh it was illegal it was a downloaded version of CS 1.6 that was lan only which was handy but yeh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom