Hi all!

Best answers
I doubt you guys remember me... I was around back before the more complicated melee system came in, shortly after it did my computer died horribly, and since I'd lost my half life cd's (and I'm too cheap to shell out for another one) even after I got my computer working again, I never bothered to return.

But I just found my copy of Halflife, the cd's were pretty badly damaged but they still work! (surprisingly) And so I decided to check if that cool DBZ game I used to play was still around.

Imagine my surprise when I turn up at a site with a pretty snazzy layout and screenshots of characters I never thought I'd see in the game(Recoome?! O_O )

Well, here I am, and once this darn download finishes I'm gonna be playing all over again... any tips for this blast from the past?

Best answers
heh, so long as my computer doesnt burn itself out again I should :laff:

Fan went on the graphics card, then whilst we were trying to figure out what happened the fan over the CPU went and that burnt out too ;( very expensive!

Well... after finally getting half-life and everything else up and running, and installing esf, I'm now getting a rather odd problem.

I get the message "your esf executable is out of date" it then tries to update, and the halflife executable... thing (technical term there) says that it is out of date, but no new patches are available... any suggestions? :confused:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF isn't the only thing that's changed in your absence; Half-Life has too. You're using WON, which is what all of us used back in the day (wow, I just sounded like an old man...), but WON died out a long time ago and was replaced by Steam.

Download Steam, and create an account tied to your old Half-Life cd key. From there, you can either reinstall your mods to your Steam directory, or just copy/paste them from your old "\Sierra\Half-Life\" folder. Steam offers a large variety of new features, such as a Friends Network that's never up, and updates upon updates upon updates. (Actually, it's not that bad of service, it sure beats WON.)

Just get install Steam, install HL, run HL once (to create the rest of the folder structure), and install ESF. Once you've done that, you're good to go.

Best answers
when i press play esf it dont work only counter strike come and i can only play counter strike why esf dont come to screen

Edit: I'm just going to quietly close this one and hope that, for your own sake, you never revive a dead thread in my sight again, certainly not two in a row. Your question is being looked at in the other thread, I see no reason to leave this one open.

Make no mistake, I will warn you if you do this again. Either look for the help you need or make a new thread. The friendly cautions end here. ~ Engar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom