IPod Mini Battery Trouble

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Around a couple of months a go, my Ipod Mini's battery life suddenly dropped. After fully charged, after the battery icon reached 3/4 it's charge, it would say "no batte power remains. Please connect IPod to a charger" or something like that, and the low battery icon came up.

Mini IPods are supposed to last like 18 hours or something, and becomes fully charged in 4 hours. I charge it for four hours, and the same thing happens (usually 30-45 minutes after charge).

I checked the Ipod site, they gave 'solutions' and stuff, but they really didn't help my problem. If there is not other answer than replacement, I'll look into the warranty thing

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You're not recharging it every night are you?

Rechargable batteries will lose their 'zero point' over time if constantly charged and never depleted entirely.

Example, my parents bought a set of wireless phones about 4 years ago. Earlier this year, I went over to their house, and they were complaining that their phones would only last for 20 minutes before they needed recharging. According to the manual, they should have lasted for at least an hour and a half (of talking) before needing to be charged.

Long story short, they had to buy new batteries for all their phones. :p

The same thing can happen with electric razors/cell phones, so always let them run out completely once in a while.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does tyhis happen to Lithium batteries? Cuz i hope not, because it don't make any sense to have a battery at half charge, then want to use it for a long trip, but needs to wait for it to completly deplete.

Retired
Best answers
it looks like your battery has a memory lock. it usually happens when you don't charge it properly.

usually the proper way is to dsicharge the whole battery and then charge it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom