Naruto. English or Japanese?

What do you think?

• I don't understand Japanese but I like Japanese Naruto!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like Japanese language but I don't understand Japanese.

• I don't care about the language. I like Naruto!

• Naruto is boring!

• Total voters
Best answers
Every episode of Naruto is in Japanese. Wouldn't it be better if there was English version of Naruto. You don't understand Japanese so it isn't very interesting to watch some cartoon that you don't understand what are they talking about. Do you think that it is worth watching Naruto in Japanese? Or maybe in the future there would be English version of Naruto.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...Naruto has a much-publicised English Dub coming out...so...where's the English option on the poll?

I usually prefer dubs to subs, japanese voices (I don't speak the language) get irritating fast imo.

Best answers
you could have had an option like: "I like japanese version of naruto" or "I understand Japanese and I like it" you almost made me vote naruto is boring^^

KyoKusanagi

K
I've always preferred subs to dubs. Can't stand badly dubbed English voices - makes me remember the voice acting from Resident Evil 1. **Shudder.

One good dub that comes to mind is the Street Fighter Animated Movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
where is the "I do understand jap"? well not that i understand it, only a few words maybe X_x...anyway subs are always better than dubs...well most of the time atleast, so i prefers subs over dubs

Best answers
you're poll choices are kind of confusing....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Subs = Win
Dubs = Lose

Best answers
bldskakarot said:
the new english version of naruto looks like **** subz pwn dubz
What the hell are you talking about. Did you see them already? wow. And btw they even said they weren't going all berserk on the censoring and translations...

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never seen the dub, and I don't want to.

It just feels like my mom gets the voice of my fugly auntie.

Japanese for me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Every anime that has been dubbed to english sux..... jap is the original and the best :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
plus they'll probably butcher it with editing, and turn it into a crappy kids show, which is what they've done to every anime they can. Dubs for teh loose.

Best answers
Well I was actually impressed with the Full Metal Alchemist dub, though I didn't see the original Japanese sub, the english dub was really good.

But Naruto is different, there are a lot of things I would bet the Dubbing company would **** with. A lot of techniques names will be changed, into something more English friendly, but usually much more retarded too. I have a feeling they would be changing the names of things like Rasengan, or Chidori, because they're not in the English language. If you look at DBZ, Kamehameha is actually in the english dictionary, Makenkosopo (sp) was not so the name was changed to 'Special Beam Cannon.' There's no way they'll go with names like Chouji, Sasuke, Shikamaru. Even Hokage was changed, from what I saw in the english trailer. Changing names after I've already seen a good chunk of the Japanese version will not get a good reaction from me, or anyone who's seen the Japanese version.

I mean just imagine Naruto performing 'Master Chakra Wave,' or some other move that was named equally retarded, since dubbing companies are absolutly terrible at choosing replacement names.

Small changes like that can easily ruin a series. I'd go with Japanese on Naruto.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind dubs just as long as they aren't aimed for a target audience below 16. And they are most likely going to change the technique names as if I can recall correctly the manga has already been released in english and has names like "Art of the Doppelganger" or something along those lines. I actually think that's a better name than what might have been chosen for it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except for DBZ I go for subs all the way, not sure why but DBZ is strange in japanese, and most dubs I've seen are quite bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i definetely say that Subs pwn Dubs, cuz dubs are usually total crap :S. And the japanese language just pwnzz too much.

Best answers
Jakut said:
ok i definetely say that Subs pwn Dubs, cuz dubs are usually total crap :S. And the japanese language just pwnzz too much.
You understand japanese? :S How do they pwnzz? :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kyo said:
makes me remember the voice acting from Resident Evil 1.
"You were nearly a Jill sandwich!"

And you are correct Deman, Kage Bunshin no Jutsu became Art of the Doppleganger, which is fine really.

Also, I think whoever's dubbing Naruto said in an announcement that they'll be releasing uncut and censored DVD's like FUNimation did when they took over Dragonball Z from Pioneer.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Also, I think whoever's dubbing Naruto said in an announcement that they'll be releasing uncut and censored DVD's like FUNimation did when they took over Dragonball Z from Pioneer.
What did they censored off Naruto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom