More ESF Players the anytime before!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ESF is becoming very popular...I looked at the list of 3rd party games (mods) in browse games under steam....and ESF (in order of amount of players) Is in second place below NS!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True the only problem is that people think its very easy to lern. -_- and than they complain ^^

Anyhow GG team :p

Best answers
way to go team :D esf will be more popular then ever when 1.3 hits the sky :p just thing 'bout that

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to break it to you guys, but ESF used to be way more popular in 1.0. I used to never have a hard time finding a server to play on and the forums were a lot more active then they are today.

Best answers
Im hoping it will STAY popular as i only heard about this mod by chance yestersday and have ordered Half Life 1 (which should arrive monday) so will finally get to play it next week. Im just hoping there are still enough players/servers left for people to still get into this awesome looking mod.

Best answers
ESF 1.1 was teh shizzle. pure ownage.. ah all the good memories.
The key to success was it's melee system, no weird combo's and tricks. just simple punches and kicks. I hope ESF 1.3 has a new melee system similar to esf 1.1, it might get me playing again ^_^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No turning this into a "1.1 was the shiznizzle" thread

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think ESF is becoming more popular. Half-Life 1 is being played less, so it's easier to go up in the ranks, probably. No more "Wizard Wars" players. =P

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha wizard wars was all about the thunderbolt guy =P.... but meh, theres more servers up now than there were about 6-10 months ago.. its just a pitty so many servers have the same damn maps, and so many are evm -_-....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Quote -I hate to break it to you guys, but ESF used to be way more popular in 1.0. I used to never have a hard time finding a server to play on and the forums were a lot more active then they are today.

The forums were only severely active because Hibiki was around in everythread and every post :p

and also ESForces.com hosted some nice servers (they would crash, but they were still nice)
will you guys host more in 1.3? or the next closest version?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jea i miss Hibiki ^^

Fact is that more people are starting to play this mod.

And after 1.3 gets out the increese of "noobs" will be even bigger.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I notice all the people "joining" and "playing" esf more and more are from europe/asia.

Which pisses me off. Because you would think "Jee well there are 300 million people in the U.S (actually it's like 294 but close enough) and Hybrid tells me that it's hard to find a server. Which makes me sad. Because I'm pretty much addicted to this game.

I just kind of wish that people who try the the game would stick around and actually try to learn instead of going "Omg you hacker! I'm quitting esf forever this game blows"

That just pisses me off.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well a big majority of the people quit and are waiting for 1.3 cause they think 1.2 sucks (which isnt really that far off)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
well a big majority of the people quit and are waiting for 1.3 cause they think 1.2 sucks (which isnt really that far off)
The same thing happened with 1.1. People quite waiting for 1.2.

It saddens me because one day the team will just stop the project and then what? People will just quite. :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Everything comes to a end. Heck, even some roumors exist that 1.3 will be the last version ( one teammember said that, I just heard it ).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate that "oh ill just quit 1.2 cuz it sucks and wait for 1.3 rofl" attitude :S

I always thought ESF was beccoming less popular. I don't really like to go into temporary server with like 3 players with a 5 player max, who don't really do anything. And a lot of them are either locked, or too high of a ping. But as Fire Phoenix said, I've seen more european/asian servers around. I think 1.3 will bring a chunk of people as well. They just better be tolerable..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I hate that "oh ill just quit 1.2 cuz it sucks and wait for 1.3 rofl" attitude :S

I always thought ESF was beccoming less popular. I don't really like to go into temporary server with like 3 players with a 5 player max, who don't really do anything. And a lot of them are either locked, or too high of a ping. But as Fire Phoenix said, I've seen more european/asian servers around. I think 1.3 will bring a chunk of people as well. They just better be tolerable..
I agree 100%

Not to mention the Help section is going to be jam packed with noobs asking the same questions. It's going to get so annoying.

And if 1.3 is a end. Then you can consider ESF dead. Because after 1.3 is out. I can garuntee you 2 years or so down the line, no one will play esf anymore. It will just die. Except for me. I love esf. I'll like host a server that only I will go on! MUAHAHAHAHAH. no.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You aint the only one :p

I aint gona stop playing even if it dyes :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol, for the moment, i haven't played in a while, cause EVM is getting to be the only servers up >_<

Anyway, 1.2.3...needs....1.3!! =O
lol...i might play it today >_<

Best answers
I cant say if i like the game yet or not as i wont get my copy of Half Life until tomorrow but from what ive seen and heard from people it looks like a great mod with shedloads of potential. I have searched for years to find a game like this and am going to do my best to get most DBZ fans that i know to get this mod. Hopefully this mod will go on for a while yet and if the updates keep coming and it keeps improving then i dont see any reason why it shouldnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom