Server question

Best answers
Well, I play CS, and ESF regularly but I found something weird on ESF...

Ok, well I’ve always wanted to run my own server, but I knew that you had to pay, and I don’t have that kind of money to pay for some game... as you may all know, if you run a free dedicated server on CS, it will work, however, it laggs a lot... I highly dislike it..

Ok, well, as you may also know, when you click on "Create Server", on CS only, with no dedicated server ON, ONLY people that know the password can enter, therefore its pretty pointless... ok, but I realized something very strange about ESF..Note: I don’t have an ESF dedicated server downloaded, nor I have, like stated above have paid for any servers.. Ok well, I clicked on "Create Server" on ESF, to get some training off the ESF bots.. I add a bunch and I trained and trained... however, something really weird happened... A human joined the server... don’t worry, he was real..I talked to him and asked him how he entered... Furthermore, I asked him if he had to put in any password, and he said no.. (REMINDER AGAIN I did not add a password, to this server that I created)... so my question, how did he get in? On cs, this does not work at all, because no one can join... however on my ESF servers that I create, people simply join... AND ON TOP OF THAT, the server runs beautifully with no lagg,etc,etc..... compared to the works of a CS dedicated server

Can someone please explain what is going on?
I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S for the Admins: I thought not to post this int the help section, because of the fact, that I am not need in any help, but just in need of some explanation about how, and why this is working. However, if you think that it would be better to place it in the help section, then do as you may.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you create a server..Doesn't it pop up on the server list? If so, then people can join.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Yeah? That's normal. You're creating a listen server (different from a dedicated server), and there shouldn't be any password there unless you make one. I don't play CS, but it shouldn't be any different. Maybe you're playing in LAN mode and don't know it? Type sv_lan 0 in your CS console next time you create a listen server.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. Allow me to explain it for you.

CS is not ESF. ESF is not CS.

If you want a password on your listenserver, you need to add a password. Anything you want done to your server, you have to do it yourself.

If you want a server where no one but bots can join you type "sv_lan 1" In the console (something like that) and "Sv_lan 0" for public servers. You may not have done that because default is public. You have to type that in for dedicated servers though.

Again the reasons are... ESF is not CS. They are two completely different games incase you haven't noticed.

P.S- I can almost garuntee you are going to get yelled at for that picture in your sig. I would suggest you take it off before an admin sees it.

::EDIT::
Darn dragondude got to it before me. Oh well. I'll leave it up for the hell of it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basicly you set a password and teh server apears in the serverlist as password protected.
But if you dont add it its a normal server people can join there is lots of those. Normaly they have <6 slots free to play.

Dont know about CS but thats how ESF was since 1.0 (dont know about alpha)

The server will only be inaccessable if you set it as a lan server.

EDIT: OMG i type very slow 3 people beat me ^^

Best answers
Can you please indicate to me about what picture I have posted on my signature? I only apparantly see "ESF 1.3!!!!!". And thanks for the help everyone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These is only a box with an X in it.

And when you create a server, a listen server, it will eventaully get slow if too many people enter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom