Internet Problem

Best answers
I have wanadoo broadband and have had alot of problems with them since i have been with them. One particular problem that i thought i had fixed a while back is i get randomly disconnected sometimes and the ADSL light on my hub just keeps flashing. Usually i can fix this by plugging the spare phone in and out of my filter afew times (i dont know how it helps) but that usually works but as of late it hasnt. It says my line has been disconnected and acts like the cable has been plugged out when it hasnt i also get no dial tone either, im aware you shouldnt have to do this for broadband but you do with this one, it doesnt dial ask such but that menu comes up before it connects you. If i do a diagnostics check it says there is a prob with my IP.

My hub light has been flashing and not been able to connect for 2 days now and its getting annoying (im on diff comp at the moment) but does anyone know how i could fix this?

I will post screenshots soon

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the first thing you need to do is contact your ISP.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
the first thing you need to do is contact your ISP.
I tried and they dont help really, they just say restart your comp or leave it 24 hours. :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Drakan said:
I tried and they dont help really, they just say restart your comp or leave it 24 hours. :\
you should then say you tried that. If they keep saying it, then may I suggest changing your ISP? Because they're morons.

Anyway, try to repair it (I assume you know what that means) or just unplug-replug everything. If it still doesn't work, then your ISP fixing it for you is really your only option. If they can't help you (since they're running the damn thing) then you need to seriously get new internet.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
you should then say you tried that. If they keep saying it, then may I suggest changing your ISP? Because they're morons.

Anyway, try to repair it (I assume you know what that means) or just unplug-replug everything. If it still doesn't work, then your ISP fixing it for you is really your only option. If they can't help you (since they're running the damn thing) then you need to seriously get new internet.
Yeah i been thinking about changing for a while now but cant remember how long ive been with them. Im gonna disconnect everything and reconnect it all tomorrow and see what happens. I may buy another filter aswel because even though ive got one it still interfers with the phone (static and if someone rings up it disconnects me sometimes)I had this problem a while back and got it fixed by a freind he said some windows directories had got corrupted and somehow that had caused it :confused:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Drakan said:
Yeah i been thinking about changing for a while now but cant remember how long ive been with them. Im gonna disconnect everything and reconnect it all tomorrow and see what happens. I may buy another filter aswel because even though ive got one it still interfers with the phone (static and if someone rings up it disconnects me sometimes)I had this problem a while back and got it fixed by a freind he said some windows directories had got corrupted and somehow that had caused it :confused:
Another filter? Dude...from what your telling me, your internet customer service and products are crap. I highly suggest getting something more user friendly, even if its just $5 more a month.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
Another filter? Dude...from what your telling me, your internet customer service and products are crap. I highly suggest getting something more user friendly, even if its just $5 more a month.
Yeah their customer service sucks but i have a 1 year contract with them and am not sure how long ive been with them (it must have been a year now!) i will have to check that. I dont mind paying more at all....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Drakan said:
Yeah their customer service sucks but i have a 1 year contract with them and am not sure how long ive been with them (it must have been a year now!) i will have to check that. I dont mind paying more at all....
Then you should get someone else. I use Time Warner Roadrunner myself.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
Then you should get someone else. I use Time Warner Roadrunner myself.
Im gonna see if i can get this sorted 1st, if it isnt sorted soon then im gonna start browsing for new ones just the hassle of changing ISP's im not looking forward to apparently wanadoo are a comapny that dont like letting go. Im really getting sick of being disconnected mid game or disconnected mid download etc though. ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Drakan said:
Im gonna see if i can get this sorted 1st, if it isnt sorted soon then im gonna start browsing for new ones just the hassle of changing ISP's im not looking forward to apparently wanadoo are a comapny that dont like letting go. Im really getting sick of being disconnected mid game or disconnected mid download etc though. ;(
If its a company that has poor customer service, but hates letting you go...then its a company you don't wanna deal with. You want a company that wants you to be with them, but is willing to take the time to help you. Not a company that just wants you to leech off your bank account.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
If its a company that has poor customer service, but hates letting you go...then its a company you don't wanna deal with. You want a company that wants you to be with them, but is willing to take the time to help you. Not a company that just wants you to leech off your bank account.
Tell me about it, they seem like a bunch of half brained idiots that have no idea about customer service or about the job they are meant to do. They just dont act interested in trying to help you out at all they are fast to put the phone down when they are confused. There was one incident in PC Gamer about them still taking money outta one mans bank after he cancelled his contract with them. They did this for about 6 months and were convinced he was still a customer and wouldnt be told otherwise until PC Gamer went in themselves and had words.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wanadoo = Freeserve = Terrible
Seen a few internet providers in my time, but my time with freeserve (wanadoo) was the worst EVER, including charging me for FREE access.
Turned to NTL and never looked back. Never had any problems a quick phonecall or broadband medic couldnt fix.
If I remember rightly, when they tried to stop me leaving freeserve, I just phoned NTL and they sorted it for me.

Best answers
solidus said:
Wanadoo = Freeserve = Terrible
Seen a few internet providers in my time, but my time with freeserve (wanadoo) was the worst EVER, including charging me for FREE access.
Turned to NTL and never looked back. Never had any problems a quick phonecall or broadband medic couldnt fix.
If I remember rightly, when they tried to stop me leaving freeserve, I just phoned NTL and they sorted it for me.
yeah i can understand what your saying. Well i seem to have sorted it (for the moment) dont know how long it will last before it does it again though. Thanks for the help and advice you have given guys its much appreciated :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom