why why why and why?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your English isn't terrible, but you need to give us some more information so we can help find the exact problem.

Do you get any errors upon crashing?
Do you have the latest drivers for your video card? If not, get them.
Are you running the game in software video mode? If so, change to OpenGL (or Direct3D if your card doesn't support it).

Best answers
Well me and a friend got the same problem.

Everything worked, yesterday, but after steam update, hl update. It crashes when he tries to connect, also i crash when i want to connect on his server.

No changes are done @ the configs.

EM+Modelpack+All Patches

Best answers
1) Reinstall ESF
if dont work go to number 2
2) Delete ESF Folder... and download full install version 1.2.3.. and install...
if still dont work go to number 3
3)Delete ESF folder... REinstall Steam and when its finish update.. Install ESF full version install 1.2.3
If still dont work go to number 4
4) reinstall Windows.. REinstall Steam and when its finish update.. Install ESF full version install 1.2.3

If still dont work post here again...

Best answers
i reinstall it 5 time,and my freind buy new computer and he have this problem too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzzzzz heeeeeeeeeeeeelpppppppppppppp

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will be a lot easier on out part if you didn't end your sentences with "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or really long words like "PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

Now as for your dilemma, if the above things didn't work...Are you using steam, do you have a valid copy of half-life, and all of this stuff goes the same as your friend. If it is only your friend's server you cant join, then there is something wrong with his server/computer.

Best answers
No, its something the update came up with. Probably only dedicate servers doin now.

Nothing with my system nor my friends.

-.- its a steam thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, it's a Steam problem. I've encountered the same thing myself.

Steam has a new bug that won't let people make custom non-dedicated servers.
It should be fixed soon, as this is a HUGE bug on their part, and it's making them look extremely bad.

Also, Black_Dragon, don't double post.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently.

I didn't know about the Steam problem, but if it's true (not suprising) then there's nothing you can do on your end to fix it. You just have to wait it out and get the new update once they release it.

Best answers
Pain said:
Guys, it's a Steam problem. I've encountered the same thing myself.

Steam has a new bug that won't let people make custom non-dedicated servers.
It should be fixed soon, as this is a HUGE bug on their part, and it's making them look extremely bad.

Also, Black_Dragon, don't double post.
its not a steam problem i'm sure of it my esf crashes with steam or without i think its a bug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vlad_goten said:
its not a steam problem i'm sure of it my esf crashes with steam or without i think its a bug
On the contrary, it is a Steam problem. Why else would every game on Steam be having the same problem right after Steam "updated"?

Also, trying to play ESF without Steam, I would expect it to crash. So that's not surprising at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because WON is dead, and Steam games need Steam to function with as little bugs as possible.

Aside from that fact, If you aren't using Steam, chances are you're trying to circumvent paying them for their games. I'd say that's also a large problem.

Best answers
well i am using steam but i've seen no difference but i learned when esf crashes: my esf alwais crashes when a ky blob or a expozion is near my caracter or the super uses the super laser

Best answers
:> As i said it, its a steam problem, theres a new update today, i think its fixed now :)

HF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom