naruto hits toonami

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this may be old news to most of you, but i "just" found out that Naruto will air on Toonami on Sept. 10th. I couldn't find any previews of teh show, or any video clips so I don't know how the translation is, but i hope its good or I'm sticking to the japanese scripts.

Best answers
Dude, do you really think that the translations will be good ?
..yeah...right...

Best answers
Well this is old news too me, i already saw the preview on TV. I actually think the dub will come out pretty good based on the voice actor lineup for most of the characters if their valid ones acourses, also because of the fact that i don't plan on watching it with intentions of already hating it because it's a US dub, like some people acourse. I can't wait until it come on toonami as well, something tells me this could become bigger then the db series when it hit the US, which would be a good thing since alot of people who don't watch anime have no idea that a show just as good as the db series actually exsist.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They showed a preview on CartoonNetworks summer kick off thing awhile back, they didn't show any of the clips of anyone talking, so it was pretty much some action clips thrown together to hype it up a bit.... I still want to see it, english translations are always interesting when you always watched an anime in jap, and had to read the subs :p.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it should be interesting to hear whar rhe US voices will ound like in Naruto. But...are they going to keep the soundtrack? And is 4Kids supervising the dubbing?

If it does have the potential to be as big of the db/z series, then that is gonna be very wierd...Because when I first started watching db, I was 9, didn't know how big it was to kids. I just hope Naruto willl be bigger on 12 and up than 12 below to protect it from "omg you watch Naruto?? How old are you?!", which is the effect dbz had most people...

Best answers
i read on narutofan.com that the japanese names will go unedited
such as
hokage (though for some reason they say the lord hokage, which is redundant)
sharingan
Byukugan

and apparently there will be some blood? and sexy no-justu will go unedited o_O

waiit...0_o

looked at the post again
date is fine...

w4r

Best answers
:\ american edits are always edited like yu yu hakusho (sp?). >.> wont be that much blood and prolly sexy no jutsu will be edited O_O especially the part with itachi haha and all the cussing of course o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When they first announced it they said they'd be editing all blood except for when Naruto stabs (Zabuza story arc) or cuts himself (for summoning). However, uncut dubbed DVD's will be released too.

KyoKusanagi

K
pray like hell it doesn't end up like the Initial D Tokyopop release.

Best answers
They will butcher it... I wanan protest tell em no... Grrr gets me mad... Not worth watching a MEGALY DUBED anime... You will missm ost of the strories and crap >< GAh

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont wanna watch it? DONT >_>.

watch the fansubs if your prefer those, nobody is forcing you to watch anything

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
dont wanna watch it? DONT >_>.

watch the fansubs if your prefer those, nobody is forcing you to watch anything

exactly, the important thing to remember, is when they americanise anime's they are doing just that. making the anime approachable by mainstream anime viewers. not otaku nasty's who have to watch the next best thing and its mom in japanese before anyone else in the world, who would certainly be appauled by any translated versions.

if you want to watch it pretty much untampered with. keep watching the japanese version. if you want to watch the version they are bringing over for people who probably havent seen it in japanese. then watch that.

your choice.

stop *****ing. its not the end of the ****ing world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
exactly, the important thing to remember, is when they americanise anime's they are doing just that. making the anime approachable by mainstream anime viewers. not otaku nasty's who have to watch the next best thing and its mom in japanese before anyone else in the world, who would certainly be appauled by any translated versions.

if you want to watch it pretty much untampered with. keep watching the japanese version. if you want to watch the version they are bringing over for people who probably havent seen it in japanese. then watch that.
Hammer, meet the head of the nail.

That's exactly how it is. You're always going to get the 'hardcore' fans who 'were there' before it became mainstream, who consider themselves to be better than the fans of the English dub and who will be there again to state how much it 'sucks' without really giving it a chance. It was the same story with DBZ. At the end of the day it's down to preference and there is no greater version. Personally i'll be watching the dub and probably enjoying it at that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You see that is exactly the problem, the thing is making it appeal to the "mainstream" the west they feel they must make it child orientated, which is what (in this country at least) gives anime a bad rep, people look upon it as something for kids, where as the target age audience for the original is different, but the way its presented here in the west makes it out like its for kids.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NAruto is the only anime that I've seen in japanese first instead of english, so it's gonna be pretty wierd seeing the english 2nd...

I don't really worry on wether Im seeing the sub or dub first, because it doesn't make you a btter person by seeing either first. I just care about how they will carry out it here in the US. DBZ, for example, I don't think it was portrayed as a kiddie show in japan(correct me if I'm wrong ravendust :p), but in the US, it's shown as a kiddie program while poop jokes are not, which is just irritating to me.

But it's toonami, which is between cartoonetwork and adultswim in my eyes, so the audience should be well targeted, unlike 4kids t.v or something like that.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:

your choice.

stop *****ing. its not the end of the ****ing world.
As David said.. The trouble with dubs turning decent anime into horrible, teddy-bear infested shows for children is that people who like the real thing are thought less of.

Chakra-X said:
But it's toonami, which is between cartoonetwork and adultswim in my eyes, so the audience should be well targeted, unlike 4kids t.v or something like that.
Didn't stop them from horribly ruining One Piece..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the Japanese version of DBZ is aimed at a more mature audience, but I don't think that's the dub, just Pioneer's crappy pre-Ginyu editing (hence the 'Ultimate Uncut' re-releases). I've got a fair few of the uncut DVD's (including Frieza drinking Krillin's blood) and they're just fine for people older than the average viewer. I assume Naruto will do the same thing, it would be foolish not to.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good, that's what I pictured it would be in Japan...

SailorAlea said:
Didn't stop them from horribly ruining One Piece..
Didn't 4Kids dub One Piece? I thought somebody else was doing it for Naruto.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure who does the dub for the One Piece they show on Adult Swim.. but it's god awful, and still on Adultswim. =\

They replaced the orchestral music with horrible, non-diagetic rap music.. and gave half the characters horrible, untalented voiceactors. Seriously.. People should sound like people. Not like lab monkeys you trained to speak, or people recruited from the "short bus."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More like a pretty bad attempt for a 'rap theme song'. I don't know much about one peice, but the kid in the straw hat's voice completly throws the show off.

I think One Peice was first shown in america on 4kids t.v, so, they were the oens to supervise the dubbing. Since it is not them doing it for Naruto, I would expect Gundamn-like voice actors, meaning, voices that actually match the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom