Video Card Problem

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just recently (about 1 hour ago) I started getting a problem with this game I love called "Battlezone II" and BAM, I got an error

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling n all that fun stuff, but as I thought, it still didn't work.

So, I went and ran DXDiag and...

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory) -- This was the only Direct3D test that failed.

Alright, a bit weird. So I went and got the latest NVidia Drivers for my video card and rebooted.

I tried to run Battlezone II again to no avail.

So I decided to run a benchmark etc...

The problem occured after I let two of my friends dink around on my comp via UltraVNC. I watched them the whole time and they didn't do anything w/ settings. The most that happend was folder opening/closing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sure is a strange problem. Your friends stoled all j00r video RAM! =O

This post I found might help, it suggests reinstalling your motherboard drivers. The problem could lie in there. Do you have another video card on hand? Try swapping the one in there out for another, and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, then it's got to be something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, this probably doesn't even matte since I plan on reformatting in the next few days anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just try uninstalling the driver for your video card and reinstalling, making sure to delete the complete driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom