Problem with ESF

Best answers
I managed to fully install ESF without any problems, when I start ESF up, it runs fine. Although the problem starts once I've picked my arena and it starts to load the level. It crashes, and goes back to my desktop.
It says it cannot find my IPX socket, and I really am clueless what it means.
Just so you know, I'm runnignn ESF from Half-Life.
I'd apriciate any help. Thanks

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could you post the exact error message? I've seen IPX socket errors, and they're usually not a fatal kind of error.

If it reads Could not get IPX Socket name. IPX disabled. Reason: Wsaenotsock (the most common), then it shouldn't be the source of your crashing troubles.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
Could you post the exact error message? I've seen IPX socket errors, and they're usually not a fatal kind of error.

If it reads Could not get IPX Socket name. IPX disabled. Reason: Wsaenotsock (the most common), then it shouldn't be the source of your crashing troubles.
Dude thats exactly what it says! Whats the solution?

Best answers
Strange, I download Steam, and I try it again, and its still talking about IPX, do I have to register my Half-Life ?
Jus' so you know, I'm not tryin' to play online, I'm just trying to start a LAN games so I can face bots, just incase it makes a difference. (Jus' so you know)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to register your Half-Life with Steam yes.

I could have sworn I just got finished telling you not to double post.
Let's not have anymore of that k?

Best answers
Firstly, I'm sorry man, what do you want me to do? Start a new thread to say the second thing??
Anyway, it won't accept my key-code, and I tryed it again, and found it said something else:
" Couldn't exec userconfig.cfg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ziro_Onema said:
Firstly, I'm sorry man, what do you want me to do? Start a new thread to say the second thing??
Anyway, it won't accept my key-code, and I tryed it again, and found it said something else:
" Couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
There is an edit button for just such situations. If you've got something to add and no one has posted, the edit button is a very good feature.

Steam not accepting your CD-Key, did you buy Half-Life?

If so, you should probably ask around on the Steam forums as to why it wouldn't be accepting your CD-Key.

If you get Half-Life installed into Steam, make sure you run it once before trying to install.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You edit your previous post.

If it won't accept your CD key, there's nothing we can do about it here. You'll have to take it up with Valve/Steam. This usually isn't a problem, given you have a legal, purchased copy of Half-Life.

Not being able to run a config file shouldn't cause any fatal problems, you just wouldn't have whatever it set automatically set for you.

EDIT: Curse j00 Pain. x_x
I love you too :p ~Pain

Best answers
Well while I sort this key-code dilema out, could you guys give me abit of advice on what this means?
Couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
If anybody knows I'll be very greatfull.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom