"Mode Not Supported" problem with LCD Monitor

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recenty got a new flat screened monitor, a Plug and Play monitort Lt716s by "MAG". It works well, it automatcically adjust itself for certain screens i.e desktop, esf, ect.

But when I try to start City of Heroes, it says "Mode not Supported". MY previous monitors could play city of hereos fine, what's wrong here?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a feeling that when you previously ran it, you had it set to a refresh rate or resolution that your current LCD monitor can't handle. I recommend going in and either editing or deleting the config file to reset everything.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was that, but even when I set my desktop to somrthing liky 800X600, it says 'Mode not supported'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could set your desktop to 320 by 240 but when you go into the game, it'll set its own resolution. Delete or edit the config file.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything below 1024X768, it says "mode not supported". The wierd thing is, if I edit it through the nVidia display settings, it can go to lower resolutions when adjusting the refresh rate, but will still come up with "Mode not supported" for city of hereos.

And where could I find the config file? I don't see it in the city of heroes folders.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you mean anything above? Hm... I don't know where the config file is because I don't have the game, but probably in the main folder or under a bin or system folder, hm. A quick search found a tweak tool that may help.

http://www.net-marks.com/cohtools/tweakcoh/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm pissed that a brand new monitor can't handle an 800X600 resolution, but that tool let me adjust City of Heroe's resolution, the windows are a bit smaller, but it works nontheless, thanks!

One last question, if I have to reboot insafe mode, does that mean it won't be able to handle that either?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 100% sure it can support 800 by 600, just something is conflicting with the settings and the monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom