My thoughts on Naruto

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the first time that Alea and I argued about this.

I gave the anime a shot. I saw episodes 1-8 the other day, and the only reason why I went that far is because my friends told me it gets better later on, I thought it was ok. Alot of things I found wierd/lame-

-Naruto's eyes are wierd (they are drawn wierd), for example, in one scene in the first episode he looks over at Iruka, it doesn't look like his eyes are looking at Iruka. Plus his eyes dont move often, they look "centered".

-Drawing is random, sometimes the students (Naruto, Ino, Sakura, Sasuke, etc. etc.) look like kids, while in other scenes they look like grown teenagers.

-Iruka should have died on the first episode. You get stabbed on the spine by a giant ninja star and start bleeding out of your mouth, while shedding tears and giving a speech, only to find out that later on the guy is jumping from tree to tree in the form of Naruto.

I stopped at Episode 8, but the Kakashi vs Zabuza fight could have started like 10 mins ago if they weren't talking so much, so im about to download Episode 9 just to see the rest of the fight. And im probably goinna finish the series while im at it simply because once I start an anime series I have to finish it (even if the anime sucks or if its descent - not saying Naruto Sucks).

Alea, at the time I remember you told me that Naruto was the **** in Japan (that its like the biggest thing over there right now) - alot of people that watch the anime have fallen out of it before episode 100 (some around episode 100-120) for some reason as supposedly "the animations got worst" and there isn't as much action as before or something along those lines.

Even from start I dont find the anime all that interesting (its not better than Lain, its not better than Berserk, FMA or Samurai Champloo - in fact, Japs have bad taste because they actually didn't like Champloo).

I still say Short Anime Series > Long Anime Series

I do like the Naruto 3 fighting game for GameCube, me and my friends have tournaments on that game every Friday along with 3rd Strike, Tekken 5 and Smash Brothers.

Best answers
I started watching Naruto too... It's ok i guess but its kinda weird. I thought the same thing about that guy getting hit on his back and his leg and then he was perfectly fine the next day... I mean wtf? I HATE Naruto's eyes. They are hardly ever open it just shows them and they look like theyre just lines... hes also got those weird lines on his face that make him look like a cat...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The lines on his face has to do with the Nine Tailed Demon Fox.

Another charactistic is that his eyes are closed from time to time, is nothing more than just an expression that many animes have used. It is pretty much as common as when an anime character falls below the screen and their legs are stuck up in the air when another character does or says something that is believed to be stupid or idiotic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already knew the part about the lines on his face having something to do with the Nine Tailed Demon Fox. I know alot about the anime (more about the characters) because i've been hanging out in a Naruto-related forum for about 1-2yrs now (NarutoFan sucks! Tazmo is *** too and so are all the mods in NF).

Im in NarutoTalk, its funny because im Top Poster in a naruto-related forum, and I never seen Naruto before... That is untill a few days ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The manga > the anime imo. Check it out if you're going to write off the anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naruto is awesome, but really only after episode 80.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read the manga... u'd probably like it then... specially cuz the art is soooo much better drawn.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the opposite, I think the fighting only got better as the series prolonged. The way they draw the characters is not generic, which is a plus. People may have trouble liking something unorhtodox, when the anime characters don't have too much over sized eyes, extremely shiny hair, and specific techniques. And I also love the fighting style of the show, how every other person has aset of unique techniques andp ossible transformations.

The animation "dulls down" because that's just an animation technqiue. When a lot of frame by frame fighting, or zoomed out fighting takes place, less detail is needed, it looks a bit wierd at time, but it doesn't ruin it.

I wish I could do their chakra effects as well, like the rasengan effect or their auras. I didn't know it was big in Japan, guess that makes sence when you have americans watching it when it wasn't even released in english yet.

You are lucky that the people here aren't completly biased, because with a fanabse like Naruto, all of your claims could be shot down by "Naruto pwns i00" by some Naru-nazi.

If you want the manga, go for it, but personally, I prefer motion picture than stilled pictures.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm catching the anime late night off CN out of boredom. It's alright. Nothing too special, IMO. I'm up to date with the manga which is cool, but it seems like a lot of the jutsus currently borderline on magic when I classified them as not.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree with most of them, but thats your opinion. Good luck on watching all the other 150 episodes. =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since when did anime have to be extremely realistic? There are many similar 'problems' in numerous animes.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please discuss Naruto in the Naruto Stickeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom