I have a simple question, (No, not when 1.3 will be released..)

seb

Best answers
Allright, In the version 1.3, Will this problem be fixed? or does it not seem like a big 1 to the team.

As you can see in these pictures, When you launch a beam, hold space, it will push you backwards from where you shot the beam at, When this happens. only 1 hand has the beam and the other is just empty and looks retarded. I'm wondering if it will be fixed in 1.3? or other then that something different.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe...That animation if for a fully charged generic beam, because then it looks like they are using both hangs to launch the beam. Maybe it will very by power in 1.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not really a bug, it's just animation, no one is really expected to beam jump with such a weak powered beam, as you really won't get anywhere. That animation works with fully powered Generic or any ready to fire finisher beams.

And to state the obvious, who is looking at the front of a model while it's beam jumping anyways?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Kama, you go the same speed no matter how charged up it is. The only thing that effects speed is if you have turbo on or not.

Anyways... I don't think this is that big of a deal. It would be nice if it was fix, but meh, it doesn't matter that much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
And to state the obvious, who is looking at the front of a model while it's beam jumping anyways?
Well, I do. Whenever I beamjump, I turn the camera around to see where I'm going and to check for enemies. Most of the time, this makes me see the front of my character.

Besides that, it's not hard to see that the beam is coming from one hand, even if the camera is looking at the back of your character.

I'll admit that it looks a bit odd, but if it's too much of a hassle, I don't mind if it's not changed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a possible solution.

Change the animation so boath hands go 1 iver the other in the middle.

So the back side of 1 hand is connected to the front side of the otherone. Thatway you dont see a difrence XD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone brought this up before, it's nothing that isn't known about.

It's the way the skeleton is set up. I don't know if you'd have to change just the model, or both the model and weapon coding, but you'd need to add a bone between the hands for the beam to attach to. It's not that big of a deal, really.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't attach the beam head to 2 parts of the skeleton at the same time, I don't believe. Hence why the hand isn't touching.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really, you just need to edit the beam jump .smd (dunno if thats the exact name) and move the left arm close to the right. Problem solved :p....for those who know how to do it.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
who really cares what the current animations are doing atm, 1.3 will have all new animations, and as far as I can tell they look just fine. DT and I go over and look over ingame what he's done, since the beta testers dont pay attention really to how the model looks ingame like we do. So dont worry too much over 1.2 animations looks, they are all being trashed next release anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I don't care since when going in beamjump I just instantly turn turbo aura and charge genbeam to its minimum, and just beamjump away... So its a pura aesthetical thingy...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God Gundam said:
DT and I go over and look over ingame what he's done, since the beta testers dont pay attention really to how the model looks ingame like we do.
Only because we have no idea what's done or not ;P Bottom line, don't worry, guys, everything will look very sexy in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom