ESF 1.3 system requirements

Best answers
I have a very, very bad PC and I read that there will be better graphics and all.So I wanna know if 1.3 has the same system requirements as 1.2.
I even can`t play 1.2 very well.The maps are all black, except for the backround, I can`t see some models like in melee and auras.I only see power-up auras, no trans auras or dash aura, it really is bad.I don`t even play ESF so much, just because of the bad visualisation, so please tell me if i can play 1.3 at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you playing in Software mode? If so, switch to OpenGL, and if that doesn't improve things, try D3D (Direct3D) mode. You can find these settings in your Options -> Visuals menu.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Direct3D also causes problems. Best stable is OPENGL, and make sure you installed the latest video drivers. And i am very sure that you almost need the exact same thing for 1.3 as v1.2.3 due that its Half-Life, the ESF team can't increase of what you need by that much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Direct3D also causes problems. Best stable is OPENGL, and make sure you installed the latest video drivers. And i am very sure that you almost need the exact same thing for 1.3 as v1.2.3 due that its Half-Life, the ESF team can't increase of what you need by that much.
Well, that depends. With the addition of the new FX System, ESF has the potential to become very heavy on the eye-candy. Users will be able to manipulate and add models, sounds, animations and sprites to customize, for instance, each character's transformation. I understand that a user with a low-end computer will not likely pimp up his ESF with mad gfx, but still. I understand what you mean, though. But even putting aside the new FX System, ESF will get more standard eye-candy, if the 1.3 outline does not deceive me.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, true about that. But i said they can't tune up ESF extremely that you need a lot more of your machine then you already have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Well, true about that. But i said they can't tune up ESF extremely that you need a lot more of your machine then you already have.
This is true, without a doubt. :3

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well there even if he instals the best drivers in the wolrd this will still worn an software the video card dose not suport opengl this is what he is trayng to say the same problem i'v got here to my pc pick of crap

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the FX system is client side only. So if I was to make a special transformation effect, only I can see it. But if you were to look at me ingame, you would see the effect that you have on your computer.

Best answers
Well yea, my piece of junk cant play on open GL or direct 3D.I already know that it runs the best on open GL.I just have a big piece of junk, but i can handle it.But I sure am very sad...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ameba said:
Well yea, my piece of junk cant play on open GL or direct 3D.I already know that it runs the best on open GL.I just have a big piece of junk, but i can handle it.But I sure am very sad...
If you can't use OPENGL, do you even HAVE a video card? (such as ATI, or a GeForce / Nvidia card).

Best answers
I managed to get the game to run on a 4Mb S3 Virge on Direct 3D... It looked grainy but it played! (That was on an Athlon XP 3000+ 1gb of ddr) - Just after the geforce 4 MX blew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom